BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#1201 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 07:50 PM

@Gary H did you notice the drone flying around Promontory, Bayview, New Dockside site tonight? Wonder if it's for new Dockside or just a realtor doing aerials of a new listing.

Edited by songheesguy, 25 July 2019 - 07:51 PM.

#1202 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

The latest email from Bosa says:

"We continue to work with the City of Victoria on our Development Permit for our first phase of Dockside Green.

This includes three towers along Tyee Road in the Tyee-Greenway Precinct and
amenities such as a pedestrian plaza, the Playroom (all ages playground), and the Greenway.
Construction on our new Sales Centre will commence at 391 Harbour Road. We anticipate completion of
construction early 2020. Our team will be hosting a public open house in early fall 2019 (exact date still to be
determined). Stay tuned for more information."

Looks like there's some action finally....

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

#1203 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

Nice.

It’ll be a mix of rentals and condos.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1204 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,604 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:22 PM

In the original plan wasn't there a hotel envisioned for the site? Presume that is no longer in the cards for DG?

#1205 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:27 PM

@Gary H did you notice the drone flying around Promontory, Bayview, New Dockside site tonight? Wonder if it's for new Dockside or just a realtor doing aerials of a new listing.

Shots for the 2101 Promontory penthouse listing I suspect.

• songheesguy likes this

#1206 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

The latest email from Bosa says:

"We continue to work with the City of Victoria on our Development Permit for our first phase of Dockside Green.

So it appears that Bosa is making some changes to the designs created by the previous DG planners.  As you recall, prior to the sale, DG created a series of pre-designed "subdivisions" that if built as designed would be exempt from the development permitting process.

See this post:  https://vibrantvicto...esent/?p=317379

#1207 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:04 PM

I “think” those permits may have expired? Jackerbie may be able to help us out here.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1208 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:56 AM

I “think” those permits may have expired? Jackerbie may be able to help us out here.

Based on my very quick read of the legal covenant, each individual parcel requires a separate Development Permit.

In Victoria, subdivision applications require Development Permits when located in a DP Area. So in the case of Dockside Green, my read is that a DP is not required for subdivision consistent with the approved master plan, but a DP is required for any construction on the site.

Edited by Jackerbie, 20 August 2019 - 07:57 AM.

• Mike K., Kapten Kapsell and songheesguy like this

#1209 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:11 AM

In the original plan wasn't there a hotel envisioned for the site? Presume that is no longer in the cards for DG?

You might be thinking of Roundhouse, which currently looks toward both a hotel and a supermarket.

As far as I recall Dockside wasn't going to have either one. I believe they envisioned a small corner store in the building closest to BMW but nothing that approached a large scale food store.

#1210 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:22 AM

Based on my very quick read of the legal covenant, each individual parcel requires a separate Development Permit.

In Victoria, subdivision applications require Development Permits when located in a DP Area. So in the case of Dockside Green, my read is that a DP is not required for subdivision consistent with the approved master plan, but a DP is required for any construction on the site.

Thanks for the explanation.  IIRC, no rezoning is required as the site was rezoned under the previous master development agreement?

#1211 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for the explanation.  IIRC, no rezoning is required as the site was rezoned under the previous master development agreement?

The whole site was rezoned under the master development agreement, so any proposed development that is consistent with the zone wouldn't have to go through the rezoning process. In any case, rezoning would only be necessary if the inconsistency is the proposed density or land use, as those are the two things that cannot be varied through a Development Permit.

• songheesguy likes this

#1212 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:56 AM

Were we aware that 202 Harbour Road (former Harbour Landing project) is up at Advisory Design Panel today?

#1213 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

Wowzers. No, that one snuck up.

Know it all.

#1214 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:06 PM

Same specs as its predecessor; six-story commercial building.

#1215 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

This?

maxresdefault.jpg

#1216 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

There was a backhoe in the lot about a month ago, uncovering and recovering some dirt around the "vee" of the pipes. There have also been quite a few people with test kits (but a curious lack of shovels or test drilling equipment)

#1217 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

The architect is James E Irwin, which has done work with GAIN (the automotive group) in the past. The earlier architect was Low Hammond Rowe. The prior proposal: https://victoria.cit...arbour-landing/

Know it all.

#1218 TheCesspit

TheCesspit
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:34 PM

Shots for the 2101 Promontory penthouse listing I suspect.

There was a drone there on Wednesday in the pit on Tyee. I didn't stop to see it fly and see what it was up to.

#1219 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 20 September 2019 - 10:01 AM

The next phase of Dockside Green goes to Advisory Design Panel next week. 359-369 Tyee Road (basically the area that has been pre-dug). Three towers ranging in height from 13- to 16-stories.

This along with 202 Harbour Road having gone to ADP last month hopefully means we'll start to see some heavy activity again in this part of town in the next couple of years.

• Mike K., songheesguy and Brantastic like this

#1220 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:32 AM

Don't forget Merridale.

There was a group of three men walking the site and disturbing the deer yesterday.

This year (and this morning) there has been an much larger increase in noisy hull grinding and pressure washing. It won't be long after the new units are built that the residents start complaining about the noise.

I'm still pro shipyard even with the noise. I'm expecting the new buildings to be a great sound buffer for Promontory/Bayview while echoing it back across to downtown.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)