BUILT
Dockside Green, tower 1
Use: condo
Address: 369 Tyee Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 13
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse, 1BR + den, 2BR + den)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Dockside Green, tower 1 is a 12-storey condominium tower situated along the 300-block of Tyee Road within the ... (view full profile)
Learn more about Dockside Green, tower 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Dockside Green | Condos; offices; commercial

Condo Commercial Office

• Please log in to reply
1697 replies to this topic

#1401 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:21 PM

Have been eye'ing this one as a potential home as we love the neighbourhood and intrigued by the public realm. We registered and received an info package - the floorplans looks good but one oddity jumped out - no A/C. Is that normal? Haven't encountered a building without A/C before!

Does anyone know what the masterplan will look like once fully built out? Google isn't turning up much substance.

Did it mention heat pump anywhere? That is essentially AC.

#1402 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:33 PM

My marketing material shows that A/C is only available on the penthouse levels.  

All other units will have Energy Recovery Ventilators.

#1403 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 01:05 PM

Have been eye'ing this one as a potential home as we love the neighbourhood and intrigued by the public realm. We registered and received an info package - the floorplans looks good but one oddity jumped out - no A/C. Is that normal? Haven't encountered a building without A/C before!

Does anyone know what the masterplan will look like once fully built out? Google isn't turning up much substance. 

In the project images, you can see the masterplan build-out: https://victoria.cit...-green-tower-1/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1404 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:26 PM

Not that many buildings in Victoria have A/C, it certainly isn't common.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1405 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 April 2021 - 06:52 PM

How accommodating is the developer to custom requests?  Can they at least run 208v to the deck so you can install a ductless split later?  Or just install one for you?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1406 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 07:37 PM

In most of Canada condo towers typically have either central or window AC. But in Vancouver and specially Victoria it's not the norm at all. We treat hot summer days like snow here - they don't exist until they happen.

Edited by Casual Kev, 12 April 2021 - 07:38 PM.

#1407 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:19 PM

It also depends on your exposure to direct sunlight, and the ratio of windows to walls. My southwest unit had direct sunlight from 8AM to 9PM, and I needed AC on days of 20C and above, so from May to late September, on most days. When it was 25C or higher AC was on all day to keep a comfortable temperature in the mid-aft and into the evening.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1408 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 09:09 PM

It also depends on your exposure to direct sunlight, and the ratio of windows to walls. My southwest unit had direct sunlight from 8AM to 9PM, and I needed AC on days of 20C and above, so from May to late September, on most days. When it was 25C or higher AC was on all day to keep a comfortable temperature in the mid-aft and into the evening.

I used to live in a West-facing studio with high ceilings, carpet and a window that covered most of the exterior-facing wall. From May to September I had to blast two window fans overnight to make the unit as cool as possible, then close the blinders before going to work. Usually returned from work at 6 and it would be 25-26C inside. An A/C would've been real nice... 

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#1409 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:54 AM

Not that many buildings in Victoria have A/C, it certainly isn't common.

No, it's not common, for sure.

I suspect the passive air system Bosa will include at Dockside will make living areas very comfortable. This is shaping up to be a high quality, very up-market offering that will have discerning buyers and Bosa, most definitely, knows a thing or two about building condos.  :cop:

Know it all.

#1410 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 07:20 AM

The website is now live!

I'm hearing they have generated -a lot- of buyer interest.

Know it all.

#1411 yellow_baron

yellow_baron
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:25 AM

Thanks so much guys - good to know that it's relatively uncommon. We'll set up an appointment with the sales centre and discuss the potential for customizing or if that isn't possible, I'm curious about their ERV system. 

#1412 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,924 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 08:39 AM

Thanks so much guys - good to know that it's relatively uncommon. We'll set up an appointment with the sales centre and discuss the potential for customizing or if that isn't possible, I'm curious about their ERV system. 

remember the oven is always 220v.   so if you need to hook up an air conditioner worse case scenario is you have a really thick power cord running across the floor between your kitchen and the window for 2-3 months.

best-floor-cord-covers.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 April 2021 - 08:41 AM.

#1413 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:11 AM

Have floorplans been released? I tried clicking a link for one on their updated website, nothing coming up though.

#1414 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:27 AM

Yes, they have, but (for the time-being) you'll need to make an appointment at the presentation centre to view them. They're very practical, with a concentration on larger suites.

Know it all.

#1415 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:30 AM

I had a high-end floor AC unit, and for a condo layout it worked flawlessly. Quiet, easy to maintain, and come fall down to storage it went.

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#1416 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:34 AM

I had a high-end floor AC unit, and for a condo layout it worked flawlessly. Quiet, easy to maintain, and come fall down to storage it went.

I've never found those to be great due to the amount of warm air they suck into the space they're trying to cool.  My only success is finding the biggest window unit I can setting it up in the patio door, blocked off above.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1417 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

I've never found those to be great due to the amount of warm air they suck into the space they're trying to cool.  My only success is finding the biggest window unit I can setting it up in the patio door, blocked off above.

Suck warm air "in?" I lived in arguably the most heat-prone environment (unimpeded [no shadows ever], top floor with heat from the roof, windows all around, southwest exposure) and my AC unit was amazing. You'd walk in from the streets which by the end of the day were 30+ C with retained heat, and the temp at home was a pleasant 18C.

• Matt R. and yellow_baron like this

Know it all.

#1418 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:02 AM

Now, mind you, you can't just turn it on at 5PM on a hot day and expect to have a cool home by 5:15. The AC needs to be on all day to gradually lower the temp and maintain it at the desired temperature.

Know it all.

#1419 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:04 AM

Suck warm air "in?"

All the air they exhaust out the hose has to come into the room from somewhere.  

#1420 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 10:50 AM

Oh, I think that would come from the air flow in the hallways, which was nice and cool(er).

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users