Lyra Residences, phase one
Use: condo
Address: 4027 Rainbow Street
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 8
Condo units: (2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Lyra Residences, phase one, is an eight-storey, 39 two-bedroom unit condominium in Saanich's Rainbow Hill comm... (view full profile)
Learn more about Lyra Residences, phase one on Citified.ca
Photo

[North Quadra - Saanich] Lyra Residences on Christmas Hill | Condos | 8- & 8-storeys | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

Ah yes I looked more closely at the bus service in the area, it’s not good. Probably will end up with a 10 year old box near mt tolmie for $100k less and no GST. It’s not like I’m going to live there. :)

Matt.

Be careful about that. I said that twice. Once was about the paint colours chosen for a friends suite. The second was an investment condo I bought.

Ended up living in both places, the first one twice!

• Matt R. likes this

#182 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:36 PM

https://campinginacan.ca/how-it-works/

What started as hobby of restoring these vintage beauties accidentally morphed in
to a business at the slow realization that I can’t go camping in all four at the
same time. So we might as well share them with the world so others get to
live the Airstream experience as well.

My son and I are working together to take them apart, restore them and build
them back up to today’s safety codes, all while taking great care to not have
them lose their vintage originality.

Hence the  birth of our tagline:  With our Vintage Camping in a Can Trailers, vintage doesn’t mean old. It means character, charm and originality from a by-gone era, but fully restored from the axles up to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible.

I hope you come to see us soon and share in the adventure of being
one with nature in one of our vintage beauties.

cropped-IMG_20170806_121752-2.jpg

apparently you do not haul them though.  they deliver them to your campsite.  or "event".  or something.

wow he really shines these things up.  good for him.

LARGE SCALE LAWN AND GARDEN GAME RENTALS

Did you know that along with renting Airstreams Camping in a can also provides large scale, made in Canada (by me) games for your events.

I personally made most of the games myself so don’t worry that if you misplace a single domino, scrabble tile or jenga block that you would lose your entire deposit, I can make replacement game pieces for a nominal fee.

Please note…. Full payment including the deposit is required immediately to confirm and hold the reservation. Deposit is returned with 3 days of return of the games.

There is lots of availability as I have multiples of most items.

Short notice rentals are  welcome.

DELUXE GAMES (pick one)
Lawn Scrabble with 5″ by 5″ all weather tiles
Giant Jenga
Beer Pong
Corn hole
Hillbilly/Ladder Golf

REGULAR GAMES (pick three)
Badminton
4 ft. by 4 ft. Snakes and Ladders
4ft. by 4ft. Fox and the Hound
Lawn Dominos
Croquet
Lawn Darts (the safe kind)
Ring Toss
Bocce
Giant Checkers
Washer Toss
Gunny sack races
Jumbo Yahtzee

Packages can include corresponding signage upon request
All of our games are all weather safe

https://campinginaca...n-game-rentals/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 February 2020 - 12:47 PM.

#183 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:39 PM

sheesh. it's a 12-minute walk to saanich rd. - same as walking from the johnson street bridge to the ministry of health. or the legislature doors to the irish times pub. it's not like it's in the middle of nowhere. it's 18 minutes walk to quadra centre.]

It’s even less. There’s a pathway to mckenzie, so you don’t have to walk down rainbow hill lane. Walk through the Garry oaks and it spits you out right at the bus stop in front of the Vatican.

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 09 February 2020 - 12:39 PM.

#184 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 04:30 PM

I betcha he can get you the deadly old-school lawn darts if you don't ask questions.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#185 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 05:10 PM

Be careful about that. I said that twice. Once was about the paint colours chosen for a friends suite. The second was an investment condo I bought.

Ended up living in both places, the first one twice!

... Yes indeed, this is one of the reasons I really liked what we saw at the Lyra!

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 09 February 2020 - 05:11 PM.

#186 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 06:42 PM

DELUXE GAMES (pick one)
Lawn Scrabble with 5″ by 5″ all weather tiles
Giant Jenga
Beer Pong
Corn hole
Hillbilly/Ladder Golf

There's that Corn hole stuff again, we called it a bean bag toss, corn hole was something entirely different.

Folks I know don't want to be known as the "corn hole" champion.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#187 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:36 AM

I bought a unit in phase I (already re-sold) and one in phase II (completing soon and will be re-selling). I've learned a lot in the last 10 years and the one thing I learned here is the micro-location is super important and I completed missed that on the purchase.

I also view these as exceptional value...to add to Matt's comments you also get a natural gas BBQ outlet (less than 5 buildings in Victoria offer this feature), air exchange unit, it is obviously concrete. I see 100s of condos every year and this really towards "high-end" for Victoria at "low-end" per square foot prices.

BUT, at the end of the day Travino (wood-framed) and further out of town sells for more per square foot. The fact that amenities are walk-able from the Travino is the difference maker, imo. Even the Otto two blocks away, wood-framed and on Mckenzie, sells for substantially more per foot but it is that much closer to Quadra village and the floorplans are smaller which helps.

With the stress test in the last 2 years the market is all about affordability/ability rather than value.

In conclusion, Lyra is an exceptional project but it suffers from micro-location and floors plan being too big; therefore, eroding affordability/ability of purchasers. 

Interestingly the townhomes on the site do just fine....often selling north of $1.2 million.

Edited by MarkoJ, 10 February 2020 - 09:56 AM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#188 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:08 AM

Wouldn't the location of these being close to the highway be a factor? How is the highway noise when you open a window or step on the balcony?

#189 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 10:52 AM

Christmas Hill is a very, very desirable location but for the condos it has been a bit of a tough go. The buildings are far enough away to not be impacted much. And especially if you’re not facing the road.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#190 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:58 AM

The highway sounds are basically white noise. We spent about 90 minutes there on Saturday. It wouldn’t bother me, having lived on busy streets most of my adult life.

I think I prefer the dead quiet of our place on salt spring, where all we ever hear is the school bus, the occasional chain saw in season and planes overhead. Oh, and the frogs.

The Lyra checks a lot of boxes for us, location isn’t really one of them. We did look at the Otto as well, better location but the building isn’t near as nice IMO.

Matt.

#191 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,297 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 02:38 PM

Penthouse re-sale:

Perched on Christmas Hill, the Lyra penthouse is surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. Its impeccable concrete and steel construction (2020) offers panoramic views of the Olympic Mountains, the Sooke Hills, downtown Victoria and Mount Newton. The spacious interior is unsurpassed, and a 362 sq-ft wrap-around balcony invites you to your own private outdoor eyrie, carpeted below with Garry Oaks. With 11' vaulted ceilings flooded with natural light from floor-to-ceiling windows, this penthouse seamlessly combines urban convenience with spectacular views and proximity to the Galloping Goose and Lochside Trails. Both bedrooms offer superb comfort, and the primary suite, featuring two closets, boasts a spa-like 4-piece ensuite with a rainshower. Both bathrooms have heated tile floors. With top-tier finishings and a gourmet kitchen, Lyra Residences invites you to a life of luxury where nature's beauty envelops every room. Secure parking further ensures that each day is effortlessly enjoyable.

$1,299,900

https://www.realtor....ich-high-quadra

#192 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 16 December 2023 - 04:59 PM

We toured this one, little out of the price range (ha) but a really nice space!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users