APPROVED
Roundhouse Marketplace
Use: commercial
Address: Esquimalt Road at Sitkum Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 1
Roundhouse Marketplace is the first phase of Bayview Place's Roundhouse neighbourhood. Comprised of commercial... (view full profile)
Learn more about Roundhouse Marketplace on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Roundhouse at Bayview Place | Condos; rentals; hotel; commercial | 2008 plan approved | 2020 plan proposed

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
1037 replies to this topic

#321 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:18 PM

I wonder why the TC has not reported on this approval.  Either they are ignoring it, or they are planning a big spread.

Either way it seems odd that they have not said a peep about it yet.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#322 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

Parking is already becoming a bit of an issue at the Bayview side of things.  A ton of cars parked in the gravel parking lot that will be taken over by the third building, plus the street parking is starting to fill up too at night.  My feeling is when the third building is built a lot of these cars will move down to the road.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#323 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Parking is already becoming a bit of an issue at the Bayview side of things.  A ton of cars parked in the gravel parking lot that will be taken over by the third building, plus the street parking is starting to fill up too at night.  My feeling is when the third building is built a lot of these cars will move down to the road.

Whats happening there this afternoon ? Lots of cars and guest up by Promontary

#324 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

and now the Band have just arrived !

#325 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

We're also in the process of cleaning the Promontory parkade so residents with stalls on the two lowest levels have to park elsewhere tonight.

Edited by Gary H, 14 June 2015 - 04:11 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#326 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:12 AM

Whats happening there this afternoon ? Lots of cars and guest up by Promontary

Victoria Conservatory of Music "thank you" to crescendo level sponsors.  I was at this event because my wife is a musician with the conservatory.

Very interesting maneuvers required to park in that lot to the side.

#327 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

Any word/movement on this site? Summer 2016 isn't far away...

#328 RoadRunner

RoadRunner
  • 122 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

I saw an excavator parked at Roundhouse tonight.

Edited by RoadRunner, 23 September 2015 - 08:47 PM.

#329 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

I saw a dump truck parked there this evening

#330 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

Anything new going on regarding the Roundhouse? 2016 isn't likely going to happen?  Anyone "in the know" have any updates or activity to share?

#331 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 13 February 2016 - 06:38 PM

Anything new going on regarding the Roundhouse? 2016 isn't likely going to happen?  Anyone "in the know" have any updates or activity to share?

I think it's still on radar for Bayview

#332 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

I'm assuming they haven't found enough tenants to make it a go. Perhaps when the Encore building gets underway and another few hundred people are guaranteed nearby, interest will grow?

#333 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

I think the round house is a diamond in the rough, a developers golden opportunity, it is so sad to see such a magnificent and historic building  boarded up and decaying over the last half century ... I believe there are only a few brick round houses left in all of North Amaerica. I can only dream of the Bay View proposal all built out and the round house beeing the centre piece ...

• Nparker, thundergun, Dr. Barillas and 1 other like this

#334 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:46 AM

The 2 buildings at Encore will be the priority for the next few years. they are almost sold out.

Don't expect Roundhouse to be done until about  2020 that is the talk in the air now.

Ignore the 2016 sign

#335 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

The 2 buildings at Encore will be the priority for the next few years. they are almost sold out.

Don't expect Roundhouse to be done until about  2020 that is the talk in the air now.

Ignore the 2016 sign

Don't know if you can call the five story building that's part of the encore as "second building." :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#336 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

Looks like 2 buildings to me.

#337 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:53 PM

I think the round house is a diamond in the rough, a developers golden opportunity, it is so sad to see such a magnificent and historic building  boarded up and decaying over the last half century ... I believe there are only a few brick round houses left in all of North Amaerica. I can only dream of the Bay View proposal all built out and the round house beeing the centre piece ...

Its the only intact roundhouse with support buildings and original yard west of Ontario apparently.

• 2F2R likes this

#338 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 687 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:37 PM

Agree, I was in TO a couple of months ago and stayed at a hotel where the roundhouse was right below me all redone ... looked very impressive.

#339 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

That round house is a pub and a brewery.Right at the base of the CN Tower

At one time up until the era of the CN tower being built there were 2 round houses here. this one and another about 2 blocks away to the west

Edited by HB, 23 February 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#340 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:09 PM

That round house is a pub and a brewery.Right at the base of the CN Toweribi-roundhouse-rehabilitation-park-on-01.jpg

That is kind of like what will happen here, except no engines will be in our roundhouse.

Edited by Mike K., 22 February 2016 - 07:10 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users