Photo

Stage restaurant and wine bar | Victoria | 1307 Gladstone Ave.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 osmich

osmich
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:47 AM

George and Linda from the wildly successful Paprika Bistro on Estevan have opened up a new place in Fernwood called Stage.

Has anyone been yet?

Looks pretty cool.

#2 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hmmm.
I'll have to check it out.

#3 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

I stil have not been here, anyone else?

#4 duvaroo

duvaroo
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

I keep meaning to go, but it hasnt' happened yet. But a friend of mine was there a few weeks ago and raved about it.

#5 pseudotsuga

pseudotsuga
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

Went a few months back. Very nice.

#6 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 10:13 AM

I went a couple of weeks back. Small portions, and I have to say each one was perfect. My mother and I each ordered two, and shared. If you are a food lover, this is something you will have to try.

#7 ALL_2_EASY

ALL_2_EASY
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:49 AM

They are not small portions, they are called tapa's. Small plates for sharing, it is the theme there along with a wine bar. It was pretty good I have been there twice now.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

#8 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:56 PM

This place is excellent. The food, the atmosphere, the service is great. I can't wait to go back.

#9 Sara

Sara
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Wow!!! I am at a loss for words. Went to Stages tonight and I was amazed with the GREAT service and amazing food. We sat up at the bar where the bartender was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Not once did my glass go empty, constant check backs to see how our food was. Now this is what service should be. Highly recommend Stage and will be going back soon!!!

#10 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:16 PM

I went here again a couple of days ago and it blew my mind.
I went with 3 others and we ordered 9 dishes and a couple of deserts. Each dish was flawless in its presentation and flavours. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere is very cool, but relaxed.

That'll be 4 times now that I have been and I officially stamp Stage as my favourite restaurant. Period.

#11 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:16 PM

Even in the usual sluggish month of January, Stage is just hopping. Check out their new menu here - http://stagewinebar.com/index.php
From the barside, Steve has created his own version of cola for a killer cuba libre.
Coming soon: you can play Stage at home when chef George Szasz starts selling his duck and chicken confit, sausage and preserved lemons to go.
Bless you, Stage.

#12 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

Even in the usual sluggish month of January, Stage is just hopping.

Credit where credit is due: Stage is fantastic and merits its reputation; however, I am happy to report that the Fernwood Inn and also Lucy's are packing them in during what you correctly ascribe to be generally a lean month. The Inn had a group of 30 book their back room last night - which was a Monday, no less!

Fernwood Square, as described recently in a local publication, has quietly become a significant draw for foodies.

#13 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

I don't mind small portions if the prices match, what's are the prices like here?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

I don't mind small portions if the prices match, what's are the prices like here?

Their website says: All plates are priced at a point between $2 and $12.

#15 loopyca

loopyca

NomNom

• 15 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:52 PM

We adore Stage... its our new favourite in Victoria for sure. With Brasserie a close-second. Anyone have any other recommendations along these same lines?!

#16 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

I like Stage, but I feel its in the wrong location. Although Fernwood has cleaned itself up in recent years, its still an area in transition. Great food, wine and service thou.

#17 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

^ Its packed every night, with lines out the door. Seems like the location is OK, for now at least.

#18 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

From the Aura or Vista 18 thread:

Stage is clearly an example of quality over quantity.

Matt.

I agree, the quality of the experience is remembered long after you've forgotten the volume of food in your belly.

#19 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

Stage is offering industry nights Sundays and Mondays with 15 percent off their charcuterie, cheese and wines.

#20 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Interesting! Which industry?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users