Photo

Stage restaurant and wine bar | Victoria | 1307 Gladstone Ave.

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 julienne

julienne
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

Stage is for sale.
http://www.usedvicto...aurant_14275681

#22 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

The ad reads:

$399000 - One in a Million Wine Bar/ Restaurant
Consistant one million annual sales in quaint theatre district & destination historic neighborhood. Award winning (Enroute magazine, Vancouver Magazine, Playhouse Wine Festival) 3 1/2 year old 'turn key' operation with open & modern concept & high percentage of return customers. Fully licensed, healthy cash flow of $175,000. + fair lease.
Owners changing careers after 30 years in hospitality.

$1-million in annual revenues is quite impressive.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#23 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

The fantasy part of mind is thinking about buying it.....

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Closing permanently in June.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#25 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

#26 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

^Meanwhile, Wharfside keeps going on year after year. There is no God.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#27 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

Stage was bought by a man named Jason Gaunt, and while it won't be the same 'Stage' as before it'll be continuing on in some regard. Many of the staff have already left or are looking for other work.

I worked with Jason at the Marriott some years ago and he was more recently a manager at the Blue Crab. He's a good guy, and knows the business.

Matt.

#28 arfenarf

arfenarf
  • 322 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:48 AM

<crushed>

<brightens>

<hopeful>

#29 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

How are things over there? Anyone go lately?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#30 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:35 PM

My wife went a couple of months ago and said it was amazing.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#31 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Has the place sold yet? If not it's been on the market for a very, very long time.

I have the distinct impression that the lack of parking is negatively impacting their business. Overzealous neighbours calling in non-residential vehicles is a major hurdle for a business to deal with, but too many vehicles taking up all residential parking is a understandable problem for residents.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#32 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Has the place sold yet? If not it's been on the market for a very, very long time.

If my understanding is correct, the latest sale has also fallen through.

I have the distinct impression that the lack of parking is negatively impacting their business. Overzealous neighbours calling in non-residential vehicles is a major hurdle for a business to deal with, but too many vehicles taking up all residential parking is a understandable problem for residents.

Residential parking on Gladstone makes zero sense for 2/3 to 3/4 of the block because on one side you have CRD Housing and on other you have strata-titled townhouses - both of which have ample off-street parking. I believe in the original plan for Fernwood Square back in the 90s, residential parking was meant to be a temporary measure, to be removed once businesses began moving into the Square. This makes total sense, as the lack of street parking has essentially choked the potential for further economic growth in the area.

Incredibly, the NIMBYs that are blocking this live in the last few houses on Gladstone, towards Stanley - and their position is that they preferred Fernwood Squre as it was before businesses moved into the area - i.e., with junkies passed out in doorways with spikes in the arm.

#33 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:29 PM

It's harder to find parking here than downtown.

#34 ZGsta

ZGsta
  • 573 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Got in there the other night. They just launched a new menu last month. Everything we tried was really great, there was a duck confit that blew my mind.

Beers at the Inn afterwards, loving Fernwood Village these days.

#35 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Gentrification complete.

#36 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Got in there the other night. They just launched a new menu last month. Everything we tried was really great, there was a duck confit that blew my mind.

Gentrification complete.

Thanks for the kind words! :) Gumgum, gentrification almost complete: it will be once we get that pesky parking issue sorted.

#37 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

The gentrification of this wonderful area has been ongoing since before my dad was a boy.

It is absolutely delightful there.

The only way that the parking will improve is if a meteorite hurls it's way to earth right behind the "Belfry".

#38 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

The gentrification of this wonderful area has been ongoing since before my dad was a boy.

It is absolutely delightful there.

The only way that the parking will improve is if a meteorite hurls it's way to earth right behind the "Belfry".

Ridding the superfluous Residential Only parking in front of the townhouse complexes on Gladstone Avenue that already have ample off-street parking will be an immense help.

#39 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

So who owns Stages now?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#40 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

A month ago, after Fernwood received a write-up in the NY Times http://www.nytimes.c..._SURFACING.html that highlighted Stage, this little piece was done by CTV (the owner and chef are spotlighted):

29Cs8TlJZZA

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users