Photo

Predictions for 2015

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

I was hoping to have some funny reply, but I got nothing.

We come into the world with nothing...and we leave with nothing, not even a card...unless you are going to hell in a handbasket and then it would be a cart.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#42 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

The homeless lady that now demands a quarters, demands two quarters. 

Edited by Mixed365, 23 December 2014 - 11:51 PM.

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#43 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Only wild one I can think of offhand for 2015:

-Canadian Dollar touches 1.30 USDCAD

Yes please.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#44 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

Yes please.

NO! I am going to Hawaii in the fall. Need the dollar as close to par as possible at that time.

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

The only direction the fed rate can go is up. And when it does you'll be wishing you were vacationing in Coombs ;)

My prediction is Isitt runs for MLA and wins, leaving us alone from his wacky economic theories. As much as I respect him for sticking to his guns and being a genuinely nice person, I'm not a fan of his love affair with all things Soviet.
  • Mixed365 likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#46 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,747 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

My prediction is Isitt runs for MLA and wins, leaving us alone from his wacky economic theories...

Who do you predict will set aside their seat so that Ben can run provincially?

#47 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

My prediction is Isitt runs for MLA and wins, leaving us alone from his wacky economic theories. 

Under what party? The Greens and NDP are trying to broaden their support and I don't know how they feel about his policies despite his popularity here.

#48 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

"Odd Job" is resurrected to become a Jimmy Pattison clone.....and we will all work for him. :)

#49 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:25 PM

Who do you predict will set aside their seat so that Ben can run provincially?

With the support he has just in the City of Victoria something tells me he'd do well provincially.

Under what party? The Greens and NDP are trying to broaden their support and I don't know how they feel about his policies despite his popularity here.

He's chummy with the NDP folk, isn't he? The young NDP I mean, not the older generations.

Know it all.

#50 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

Oil will dip below $40

#51 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Oil will dip below $40

If that happens Alberta will be hanging out the "Gone Fishin" sign. The graph is certainly headed that way.

#52 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:16 PM

If that happens Alberta will be hanging out the "Gone Fishin" sign. The graph is certainly headed that way.

They will have to sell their boats, so no goin' fishin' anymore.  :badpc:

#53 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:13 PM

I am always amazed at how fast dire predictions for Alberta come when oil slides down, we have seen it before, we all know it will go back up again.

Most of the loss is attributed to speculators anyhow, and the financial wizards are suggesting this is a good time to re-invest in oil. The Bakken oil fields in North Dakota need oil at $65 minimum to meet their costs so I would expect the slow down to occur there, reducing output and increasing the price.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#54 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

I am always amazed at how fast dire predictions for Alberta come when oil slides down, we have seen it before, we all know it will go back up again.

Most of the loss is attributed to speculators anyhow, and the financial wizards are suggesting this is a good time to re-invest in oil. The Bakken oil fields in North Dakota need oil at $65 minimum to meet their costs so I would expect the slow down to occur there, reducing output and increasing the price.

The loss is due to OPEC cranking production, not speculators.

#55 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

pherthyl, on 24 Dec 2014 - 8:17 PM, said:

The loss is due to OPEC cranking production, not speculators.

OPEC has not increased production they just refused to lower production. Their reasoning is that it would benefit Iran and Russia the most if they decreased production and they hate both those countries.

From Fortune Magazine....

For most of the 21st century, Saudi Arabia has been willing to be the swing producer for the globe, helping to support oil prices. However, much of the rhetoric coming out of Riyadh indicates that the nation is not inclined to cut production or call for an early meeting, said Tom Kloza, chief oil analyst for GasBuddy.com.

“The Saudis are the Michael Jordan’s of OPEC and they don’t appear ready to take one for the team right now and cut unilaterally,” he said.

All of these factors will add up to a “very sloppy oil market,” said Kloza. “Speculation drives prices higher and is now probably driving prices lower.”

#56 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Oh right, US production was up and OPEC didn't cut to compensate. Either way a supply demand imbalance not speculators.
  • dasmo likes this

#57 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

I guess you don't remember the late 80s very well.  Also no one is re-investing in oil, its a wait and see pattern.  It will only go back up when OPEC wants it to

Nothing to do with speculators either, but since its already been answered correctly by others I won't bother repeating it

#58 LJ

LJ
  • 12,741 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

Also no one is re-investing in oil,

I am, as are others.

http://www.iii.co.uk...oil-stocks-2009

http://www.theglobea...rticle21821454/

Edited by LJ, 28 December 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#59 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

This is 8 point and is a bit too small.

This is10 point and is bigger than 8 point.

This is 12 point and is not  as small as 10 point.

This is 14 point and is good for the average viewer.

This is 18 point BOLD and sorta grabs your attention.

This is bigger than 8 point     :)

• Nparker likes this

#60 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

Good for you, I'll buy it when its below 40

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users