1451 replies to this topic

#1261 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 08:45 AM

Are men never homeless?

We have a winner!

Also straight people and white/other than indigenous people must rarely be homeless, they did not make the list either.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 December 2021 - 08:45 AM.

#1262 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:45 AM

What about settlers?

I see that the group that put together that horrendous document considers youth to be between the ages of 13-24.

When I was growing up, one was considered an adult long before the age of 24.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1263 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 December 2021 - 09:58 AM

I see that the group that put together that horrendous document considers youth to be between the ages of 13-24.

Well we are living longer now, Sparky :D

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1264 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 10:31 AM

In an era when university appears to be daycare for adults I wouldn’t be surprised if most moms and dads with 20-somethings think they’re parents to teenagers still.
  • A Girl is No one likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1265 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 10:41 AM

Maybe those parents should have done less helicoptering and offered fewer participation trophies. You reap what you sow.

#1266 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 11:06 AM

This report provides a literature review on the major pathways
into homelessness relevant to three major groups: Indigenous peoples, seniors, and
youth. These three groups were identified as being disproportionately represented,
growing, and in critical need, respectively. As much as possible, this report uses
data from a Canadian and British Columbia context.

• Brayvehart likes this

#1267 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 11:09 AM

^ that's fine, but the report already drew attention to some other groups, without explanation, before it narrowed the scope.  Why?

And of course I take exception to the race part, and not surprisingly it was all blamed on settlers and residential schools (no mention that maybe the reserves are poor places to live?), but why would the report not focus on the biggest section and the highest disproportionate amount - men?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 December 2021 - 11:11 AM.

#1268 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 11:24 AM

^
Because for hundreds of years the perception has been that white men held all the perceived power and resources.

Activists with agendas conveniently believe the above as irrefutable truth and this becomes pretext to justify their "acceptable" narrative and behavior today to discriminate against, explicitly or implicitly, white men.

So if you are a white man, even though in 2021 you literally had nothing to do with the past problems, because you are the wrong skin colour and wrong gender, it's ok not to help you. It's ok to blame you. It's ok to discriminate against you. It's literally systemic acceptable retaliatory discrimination.

Try being a gay white man. Hate from all sides when it suits agendas.

But I digress

Edited by kitty surprise, 21 December 2021 - 11:29 AM.

• Mike K., Nparker, A Girl is No one and 3 others like this

#1269 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,040 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:27 PM

Are your unvaccinated chakras aligned enough to afford a room for $1200 a month? It does look like a nice place.769A8D7C-9FEA-4E02-910D-E8419CD1DA1B.jpeg

#1270 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 09:36 PM

Matt R : Is that unvaccinated and with smallpox okay?

• Matt R. likes this

#1271 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:15 PM

Put this text in with yoru retal application and you will be golden!

I am the great divine violet flame director. I know from my own lifetime experience what it feels like to be separate from divine light because of human choices and preconditioning of self dimension engaging’s. You can learn from me and receive the divine violet flame transmutation purist neutral positive sacred life force energy of all of creation created forth for use. When we can not for self, this means the violet sacred fire of Christos cosmos nature kingdom the hearts of all pure life energy releases and is an agent and acts swift physical tangible intervention. To be self sustained and divine good stronger and more loving when you feel you cannot through moral divine applications the heavenly and ascended Host use. You actually can by self life force energy effort purified bonded naturally willed into your worlds and manifestations needing to have better lives and timings good positive the sacred fire ray. Also the Ascended masters, the archangels and legions of angels, positive Christos ET’s, cosmos light beings will back you up when called upon, as a team or individually, try it! It is so, feels so and accept do onward with them for the well being of all in divine service and self soul spirit.

#1272 Tom Braybrook

Tom Braybrook

tom braybrook

• 1,578 posts

Posted 02 January 2022 - 10:33 PM

Put this text in with yoru retal application and you will be golden!

I am the great divine violet flame director. I know from my own lifetime experience what it feels like to be separate from divine light because of human choices and preconditioning of self dimension engaging’s. You can learn from me and receive the divine violet flame transmutation purist neutral positive sacred life force energy of all of creation created forth for use. When we can not for self, this means the violet sacred fire of Christos cosmos nature kingdom the hearts of all pure life energy releases and is an agent and acts swift physical tangible intervention. To be self sustained and divine good stronger and more loving when you feel you cannot through moral divine applications the heavenly and ascended Host use. You actually can by self life force energy effort purified bonded naturally willed into your worlds and manifestations needing to have better lives and timings good positive the sacred fire ray. Also the Ascended masters, the archangels and legions of angels, positive Christos ET’s, cosmos light beings will back you up when called upon, as a team or individually, try it! It is so, feels so and accept do onward with them for the well being of all in divine service and self soul spirit.

I forgot to tell you this  -  mention that you are the embodiment  an Interdimensional Cosmic Avatar.

Edited by tommy, 02 January 2022 - 10:33 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#1273 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 01:09 PM

...why would the report not focus on the biggest section and the highest disproportionate amount...

It's almost as if these initiatives have always been about political nonsense and never been about helping people. It's almost as if it's been the same shtick over and over again, decade after decade, but just refashioned occasionally to fit the current milieu.

• Nparker likes this

#1274 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:43 PM

BC capped rental rate increases in 2022 at 1.5%, but if you happen to be renting Crown Land, your rent will have risen alongside the government’s own property assessment increases.

The problem is the province's rent cap does not apply to Crown land rent; Crown lands refer to land owned by the federal or provincial governments. So this year when their property soared 180 per cent in assessed value, it instantly triggered a 180 per cent rent hike.

In real dollars, that means the couple's rent has gone from $9,590 in 2021 to $26,932 in 2022.

"We're a tenant of the government ... and it's scary," said Savage. "Compared to the 1.5 per cent increase allowed for the rest of the population of B.C., this is absurd [and] unacceptable."

Making matters worse, said Craig, is that a number of residents have been without a valid lease for two or three years because the renewals are stuck in a government backlog.

"So the problem is that if somebody can't afford to pay a 100 per cent rent increase, they can't even sell the property because they don't have the lease, right? So they're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. And government is saying it might take another year or two for them to get these particular leases," he said.

- https://www.cbc.ca/n...eases-1.6319222

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1275 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:47 PM

I don’t understand. Why does the article not tell us what property type these people live in?

#1276 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:49 PM

I’m not sure. Homesteading, where they lease the land, and build a structure on that land?

I don’t know why they left it so vague.

Know it all.

#1277 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,031 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:52 PM

Also, presumably when they entered the agreement they knew perfectly well how the lease rate is calculated.

#1278 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:55 PM

No worries. Some of these properties will now end up in the hands of friends, who will file petitions to have values reduced, and have those petitions approved.

When’s the spec tax coming for the Gulf Islands and Parksville-Qualicum?
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#1279 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,750 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 02:36 PM

...When’s the spec tax coming for the Gulf Islands and Parksville-Qualicum?

Only if/when no MLA's have vacation properties in these areas.

• Matt R. and Barrrister like this

#1280 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 02:32 PM

As someone currently going through the circus that is the rental market right now, I don't know how any leader in the region expects to fill labor vacancies if people can't physically move here. Getting landlords and property managers to see my applications has been harder than getting job interviews, non-ironically. 

The plan must be to shove as many international students as possible in basement suites then having them work under the table. 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)