UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#401 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:07 PM

No idea on the host.

I think it’ll be some sort of a partnership. Maybe with a First Nation or nations?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#402 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,748 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:15 PM

So in other words my tax dollars will be involved whether I like it or not.

• scotto203 likes this

#403 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 53,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 03:16 PM

Well where did you read about the announcement?

#404 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 04:39 PM

I was invited to attend the announcement.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#405 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 05:39 PM

I looked at a home above the current development ~15 years ago.  Am kicking myself that I didn't buy it.  Great neighborhood and stunning water / city views. Most know about the Royal Bay Beach and Esquimalt Lagoon, but it's close to Albert Head Lagoon as well.  Nice area.

That area needs a hub for groceries, restaurants etc.  Should be interesting to hear what is planned.

• Mike K. likes this

#406 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 06:33 PM

I looked at a home above the current development ~15 years ago.  Am kicking myself that I didn't buy it.  Great neighborhood and stunning water / city views. Most know about the Royal Bay Beach and Esquimalt Lagoon, but it's close to Albert Head Lagoon as well.  Nice area.

That area needs a hub for groceries, restaurants etc.  Should be interesting to hear what is planned.

On that note, and I am purely speculating wildly here, wonder if it could be some entity such as Save On (owned by one J. Pattison who certainly has the deep pockets) perhaps building a "flagship" store in a fast growing and under-served metro area + maybe related SOF manufacturing/distribution centre to service the west shore and/or lower island?

Edited by AllseeingEye, 21 January 2022 - 06:34 PM.

#407 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 06:37 PM

Quality Foods is coming to Royal Bay, so maybe that’s not far off, ASE.
  • AllseeingEye likes this

Know it all.

#408 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 06:38 PM

I was invited to attend the announcement.

Did someone slip a note under your door?

#409 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 06:40 PM

The individual’s role is to extend the invites. I don’t know who the client is.

Know it all.

#410 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:06 PM

Quality Foods is coming to Royal Bay, so maybe that’s not far off, ASE.

The other thought that occurred since we know the RBCM is putting a facility out that way, in addition to the fact various government entities are in no rush to return their staff to various d/t offices I wonder if one of them may take this once in a lifetime opportunity perhaps to not renew an existing lease in the city in favor of relocating to the west shore?

Thinking not necessarily of a Crown Corp but rather one of the Broader Public Sector outfits? BCF is dug in @ the Atrium but has been there for a decade now perhaps the lease is up for renewal? And of course they are not exactly flush with cash and possibly are looking for a lower cost alternative?  BC Transit just completed major renos to the Garbally Rd offices in 2020 so I'd be surprised if its them.

BCF and the LTSA are examples of BPS orgs though AFAIK Land Titles remain committed to the Atrium but perhaps there are also lease considerations there; when my team moved into the Atrium in 2010 I can tell you the cost for LTSA, then about a $25 million p/a org, for that one floor + the public office on the main atrium level was significant and that was over a decade ago; other BPS agencies are listed below; note that the RBCM is among them.

Given the pressure for employers to be flexible for employees from a commuting standpoint, to facilitate "green" initiatives i.e. shorter commutes and less time spent in cars, given this wholly unexpected opportunity due to the pandemic, and above all given this government has a large number of high profile ministers including the Premier, representing Victoria area ridings, perhaps it is one of them?

https://www2.gov.bc....r-public-sector

#411 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,748 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:09 PM

BCF and the LTSA are examples of BPS orgs though AFAIK

Acronyms aren't always our friends.  ;)

• Matt R. and lanforod like this

#412 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:16 PM

Acronyms aren't always our friends.  ;)

Really? A bright web and online savvy guy like you? I'm shocked, shocked.I tell you....:) Ok just for NParker.......

BCF - BC Ferries

LTSA - Land Title & Survey Authority

BPS - Broader Public Sector (as distinct from core BCG Ministries or Crown Corps)

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

#413 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:20 PM

BCF co-owns the Atrium so I’m not sure if they’d be ready for a move elsewhere, but who knows.

What if it’s the announcement of a port?

Know it all.

#414 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,603 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:45 PM

BCF co-owns the Atrium so I’m not sure if they’d be ready for a move elsewhere, but who knows.

What if it’s the announcement of a port?

That certainly works too; what are examples of "BC" companies that generally play in that marine space? Seaspan? United Engineering (Pt Hope Shipyards? Should be interesting.....

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#415 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:47 PM

I was alluding to the new Royal Bay commuter ferry when I suggested BCF and BCT.
  • AllseeingEye likes this

#416 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 07:55 PM

Seaspan did just acquire a large parcel on Veterans at Sooke Road that is peculiar for a seafaring company.

Imagine if it’s a major port, which will include a cruise ship berth?

Know it all.

#417 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 53,027 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 08:05 PM

God help us.  

I'll be happy if just some of this $1.2B "investment" isn't my tax dollars.

A private airport would be great.  Is Butler's Field closed now?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 21 January 2022 - 08:08 PM.

#418 tiger11

tiger11
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 09:43 PM

R...... & S........ my guess

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#419 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 21 January 2022 - 11:14 PM

*el***** and *ea****?
  • Matt R. and tiger11 like this

Know it all.

#420 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,147 posts

Posted 22 January 2022 - 06:13 AM

^^^ Where did you get that picture of the airstrip sign? I couldn’t find it on the web.

That would look good on the side of the garagemahal.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users