UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Tideline Lane at Royal Bay
Use: subdivision
Address: 360-374 Tideline Lane
Municipality: Colwood
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Tideline Line at Royal Bay is a collection of eight single-family-homes at the oceanside Royal Bay community i... (view full profile)
Learn more about Tideline Lane at Royal Bay on Citified.ca      Official website: https://royalbayhomesbysouthislandhometeam.com
Photo

[Colwood] Royal Bay & Beachlands | Subdivision

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#461 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 12:02 PM

It’s pretty nice for urban sprawl.

Maybe it’s not so much urban sprawl, since there’s nothing urban about it, but suburban infill? Doesn’t that sound better?

Urban sprawl is so negative, when that land is neither urban, nor sprawl. It’s just infill, but on a bigger scale, and in a suburb. The urbanites love infill. Just like urbanites love traffic calming and cul-de-sac dead-end streets that the suburbs also love.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#462 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,831 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 12:07 PM

That image appears to be from a VW screenshot posted on October 14, 2022. Perhaps Victoria Watcher can elaborate on the date/source of the image.

It's cutting-edge proprietary surveillance technology, and I'm afraid that's as much as I'm allowed to say on here.

But if you need more information, just jot down your request on the back of a postage stamp, on a pin head, or a business card and leave it on your porch or car windshield, I'll get the message within 12 hours.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 March 2023 - 12:13 PM.

• Nparker likes this

#463 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 01:15 PM

Whoa!! I did not know Apple Maps existed. Way better than Google.
  • sebberry likes this

#464 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 22 March 2023 - 01:20 PM

Try it some time in your CarPlay, or use it for your navigation on your phone. The one thing it doesn’t do so well is traffic volumes. Google is far better and judging travel times in traffic.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#465 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 March 2023 - 01:26 PM

Try it some time in your CarPlay, or use it for your navigation on your phone. The one thing it doesn’t do so well is traffic volumes. Google is far better and judging travel times in traffic.

I use waze with CarPlay - it's terrible for traffic volumes, but great for reporting... er.. hazards.  

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#466 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 07:02 PM

New homes are now for sale at Royal Bay, along the northwestern edge of the site: https://royalbayhome...ndhometeam.com/
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#467 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 08:02 PM

New homes are now for sale at Royal Bay, along the northwestern edge of the site: https://royalbayhome...ndhometeam.com/

Nothing in the link above is for sale.

#468 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 23 April 2023 - 08:45 PM

Looks like 3 left on Trumpeter, Sparky.
  • Sparky likes this

#469 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 05:29 AM

^ Got it, thanks lanforod. 

#470 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 06:09 PM

These are proving real homes where one can raise a family. We need move projects like these in more places over the island.

#471 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:25 AM

We do. That said, at the price point those new Trumpeter homes are selling for... I dunno. I'd really have a hard time choosing one of those over a 30-40 year old home on a lot 50% bigger in an established neighborhood in Saanich for the same price.

That said, the reason Royal Bay can sell for these prices is because there are not near enough of these SFH going up. Not near.

Edited by lanforod, 25 April 2023 - 07:26 AM.

• sebberry likes this

#472 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:46 AM

You can thank the ALR and the urban containment boundary for that 😎
  • sebberry, Matt R. and lanforod like this

Know it all.

#473 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 April 2023 - 08:49 AM

I think we are lacking policies that would develop other parts of the island. There are a lot of government jobs that could be moved to other communities on the island especially if supporting infrastructure was built.

• Nparker likes this

#474 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,289 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 10 May 2023 - 06:43 AM

It sounds like the idea of a ferry to Victoria from Colwood came and went with the former Colwood mayor, maybe.

Royal Beach is getting started this year.

Royal-Beach-Q&A-with-Georgia-Desjardins-on-the-project's-future-homes,-parks,-a-ferry-to-Victoria,-and-more.jpg

Georgia Desjardins, Senior Asset Manager at Seacliff Properties, discusses the Royal Beach development in Colwood. The 134-acre, 2,850-home project is nearing its first phase of construction along the Salish Sea waterfront.

Royal Beach Q&A with Georgia Desjardins on the project's future homes, parks, a ferry to Victoria, and more

https://victoria.cit...ferry-victoria/

Know it all.

#475 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,831 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 03:16 AM

Commercial hub at Royal Bay to open with grocery, liquor store

Mayor Doug Kobayashi will cut the ribbon at The Commons on Thursday morning and officially open the doors of Quality Foods grocery store and Cascadia Liquor

https://www.timescol...r-store-7040750

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 May 2023 - 03:16 AM.

#476 Lorenzo

Lorenzo
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Shore

Posted 24 May 2023 - 05:19 AM

It sounds like the idea of a ferry to Victoria from Colwood came and went with the former Colwood mayor, maybe.

Royal Beach is getting started this year.

From what I'm hearing among my Colwood friends, that is one of the things that cost him his job.

• Mike K. likes this

#477 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,831 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 05:26 AM

It was one heck of a stupid plan.
  • max.bravo likes this

#478 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:05 PM

Compared to the bus it’s slower, more turbulent, less reliable in poor weather, can only take you between two fixed locations, way more expensive, facing a maritime staffing shortage, and has an inflexible schedule. Shocker that nobody wanted it.

#479 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 09:27 PM

But it was to have come with a parking lot gondola.

Know it all.

#480 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 May 2023 - 09:00 AM

But it was to have come with a parking lot gondola.

should've just planned a gondola all the way instead. more likely to get used

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users