Photo

[Fairfield] Essencia Verde condo (formerly Castana) | 4- & 3-storeys | Built - completed in 2010

• Please log in to reply
727 replies to this topic

#661 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:22 PM

gumgum - the development at Cook and Oscar at least looks like it is moving quickly and had tenants ahead of time - I would give this one a break.

As for the development whose developer's name can't be used in this forum, at least he does complete things. Slowly, very slowly, but there is completion. One thing I'd like to know though is why there is a big hole at the back of the property beside the existing food court.
"I know nothing"

#662 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

One thing I'd like to know though is why there is a big hole at the back of the property beside the existing food court.

Soil contamination from the dry cleaner - that's what I heard.

Nasty surprise (or "shouldn't have been a surprise," depending on your armchair quarterback quotient).

PS/ edit: agree that the Cook / Oscar project is proceeding at a good clip.
That said, I hope we didn't just jinx it... :-/
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#663 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

I can only think of Concorde who has been able to give us the odd tidbit.

I haven't made inquiries into this project in a very long time. I'll see what I can find out this week.

#664 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

gumgum - the development at Cook and Oscar at least looks like it is moving quickly and had tenants ahead of time - I would give this one a break.

I wasn't meaning to be hard on this project. I am keen about it actually. To me it is a positive step in the right direction. Even though it should have been at least four stories (but I understand why the developer chose not to go down that road). Its construction is just bad luck with the timing that's all.

Re: Contaminated soil. Another example of ***en's lack of preparedness. I'm getting sick of his blunders.

Thanks for the much needed future info, Concorde.

#665 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

The retail portion of this property is on the market for 5 million.

They are now trying to lease the units at the same time from $30 a square foot. I believe they were asking around $55 in the beginning.

#666 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:57 PM

It's been over 4 years since I started this thread btw.

#667 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

2006:

I bet Food Country will tranform itself into a Market On Yates.

You missed that prediction. Your prediction that our grandchildren would be around for the groundbreaking was pretty close.

My prediction that Oxford Foods would go upscale didn't pan out...
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#668 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:16 PM

2006:

You missed that prediction.

Man that was a dumb prediction.
Yours however would have made sense. I'm glad it didn't happen though.

#669 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:50 AM

35 of 41 residential units still available, and up to 10 commercial tenants to place...

Cook Street project prepares for market under receivership

Returns likely skimpy for creditors of high-profile condo-retail project

By Andrew A. Duffy, Times Colonist September 14, 2010 6:56 AM

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz0zWGP8p1q
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#670 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

^

Far be it for the print media to actually do some real digging for a change and find out what's happening.

Thank you, Duffy.

#671 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

Hard to believe there was a time when even the smallest condo developments were a cinch to make millions and millions in profits.

#672 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hard to believe there was a time when even the smallest condo developments were a cinch to make millions and millions in profits.

Exactly. This greedy developer really must have screwed up.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#673 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 11:04 AM

Cook Street commercial complex slapped with threat
By Roszan Holmen - Victoria News
Published: December 10, 2010 12:00 PM

[...]Beautify or face the consequences. Victoria city council delivered the message to the owners of a commercial complex at 230 Cook Street.[...]

#674 manuel

manuel
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

gumgum, village dolt, someone please tell me that there are actually going to be commercial tenants for Essencia Verde? Just hate walking past a completed building with nothing going on.

At this rate, the new building at Cook at Oscar will be occupied first. :(
"I know nothing"

#675 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

I know nothing. And I feel your pain.

#676 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

I know nothing. And I feel your pain.

+1. It's a freaking blight. At least the construction is over.

#677 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:03 AM

+1. It's a freaking blight. At least the construction is over.

And they tore down my favourite fish and chip shop to do it.

#678 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

The web site at http://www.essenciaverde.ca is back up and running. The price list is posted and it seems like the units are quite expensive on a per-square-foot basis, especially for a building that is not 100% concrete. For example, there is a third-floor 'penthouse' suite (1186 square feet) on the market for $739,000, a price that is significantly higher than similarly-sized third floor suites in the Chelsea (a concrete building that is also located in Fairfield).

#679 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 12:00 PM

The web site at http://www.essenciaverde.ca is back up and running. The price list is posted and it seems like the units are quite expensive on a per-square-foot basis, especially for a building that is not 100% concrete. For example, there is a third-floor 'penthouse' suite (1186 square feet) on the market for $739,000, a price that is significantly higher than similarly-sized third floor suites in the Chelsea (a concrete building that is also located in Fairfield).

Side note:

I hate websites that resize the window like that. Went to close it and closed another window by accident!

#680 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

62% res units sold as of November last year.
No word on Commercial units.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users