Photo

Rob Reid | Victoria | Mayor

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:39 AM

Just out of curiosity Spanky, do you have a personal gripe with Rob Reid? Or would you like to voice your support for Dean Fortin? Your criticisms so far have been about optics. But you are the only person I've heard interpret them this way - when you say "it makes him look," I am not seeing that.

I have nothing against Rob and have said that all along. I was simply pointing out that the on again off again campaigns were not doing his image any good.

I didn't hear Rob on CFAX yesterday or see any other interviews so to me that suggests that the media feels the same way.

#42 Ms. B. Havin

Ms. B. Havin
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

I have nothing against Rob and have said that all along. I was simply pointing out that the on again off again campaigns were not doing his image any good.

I didn't hear Rob on CFAX yesterday or see any other interviews so to me that suggests that the media feels the same way.

There ya go. You've just explained why fewer and fewer people take anything the media has to say seriously, and more and more people look for authentic news and ideas-exchange elsewhere (like here, for eg.).
When you buy a game, you buy the rules. Play happens in the space between the rules.

#43 OnCampus

OnCampus
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Don't jump the gun. There was a pretty long segment on A last night and a segment on CBC this morning at 7:15 am.

OC

#44 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:09 PM

I've been hearing a lot about Rob Reid and it sounds like the race is between Fortin and him. I know a lot about Fortin from his time as a councilor (and I know I don't care for him) but before I rally around Rob I'd like to know more about him, and I really haven't heard much. Do we know where he stands on the issues?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#45 Caramia

Caramia
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

One difference between his response to the homeless right to shelter themselves and Deans was that Dean wants to spend tax money getting an appeal lodged so that the homeless people in our parks will no longer be able to put up a tarp or tent. Rob Reid would rather focus that money on getting on with providing more shelters and safe spaces.

Other than that, my understanding is that both support the Mayor's Task Force in their "housing first" policy, and both support bylaws and policies that will not allow the "right to erect a shelter overnight" to become "the right to create a permanent camp."
Nowadays most people die of a sort of creeping common sense, and discover when it is too late that the only things one never regrets are one's mistakes.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), The Picture of Dorian Gray, 1891

#46 Louise

Louise
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 08:22 AM

I've been hearing a lot about Rob Reid and it sounds like the race is between Fortin and him. I know a lot about Fortin from his time as a councilor (and I know I don't care for him) but before I rally around Rob I'd like to know more about him, and I really haven't heard much. Do we know where he stands on the issues?

Here is a summary of Rob's platform. Complete details can be found at
http://www.runwithro...ts/Platform.pdf

If you need more information on any issue please feel free to email Rob at info@runwithrob.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users