BUILT
Mayfair Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 3147 Douglas Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 3
Mayfair Shopping Centre in the City of Victoria was expanded by 100,000 square feet in 2018 as part of a high-... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mayfair Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Victoria] Mayfair Shopping Centre | Built in 1963 | Expansion completed in 2018

• Please log in to reply
658 replies to this topic

#261 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:45 PM

Okay y'all chill

Jackerbie only said it "Looks like a Browns" not that it was. It could just as well be an Original Joe's or a Cactus Club with that front.

Cactus club is a possibility as they originally were supposed to go in at UPTOWN, but Brown's went in at Uptown instead.  Browns' Social house at Uptown seems to be doing really well. Every time I drive by it's Packed. But since Cactus Club had it's eye on opening up in that area it is very possible.

#262 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:18 AM

Original Joe's is having trouble in Victoria. The one over by University Heights closed it's doors several months ago. But I think the one out in Langford is still going.

The one at University Heights (Tuscany Village) is still open. Was there two weeks ago.

Unfortunately, Cara bought them.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#263 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:19 AM

And those would be better how??? :huh:

Don't think I said that now!
  • Nparker likes this

#264 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:23 AM

Cactus Club is a possibility as they originally were supposed to go in at UPTOWN...

I'd say that seems like a distinct possibility. I suppose I'd just rather see something new and different at Mayfair rather than just another mid-range chain restaurant.

Edited by Nparker, 10 February 2018 - 10:04 AM.

• Star Dust likes this

#265 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:35 AM

Joe's is still open at Tuscany.  And ya, Cara bought them in 2016, but big deal.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 10 February 2018 - 09:36 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#266 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

^Don't think anyone implied it was a big deal?..

...well except Cara who paid $96 million for Joe's. But no one here said it was a big deal.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 10 February 2018 - 10:24 AM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#267 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:18 AM

Unfortunately, Cara bought them.

Well, there was some type of implied negative here.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#268 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

^Cara has a tendacy to boil in bag all it food. Swiss Chalet and Montana pretty much suck every time I go there.

But thats my expetience and opinion.
Not a "big deal". I also am of the opinion the Keg is going to be destroyed.

Edited by sdwright.vic, 10 February 2018 - 10:24 AM.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#269 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

^Cara has a tendacy to boil in bag all it food. Swiss Chalet and Montana pretty much suck every time I go there.

But thats my expetience and opinion.
Not a "big deal". I also am of the opinion the Keg is going to be destroyed.

Similar to the YUM corporation that bought out PIZZA HUT years ago. They completely Destroyed it.

Pizza Hut used to actually be a really good chain of full service Dine In Restaurants, and the pan pizza they made was wicked as far as I'm concerned.

I used to frequent the location at Cedar Hill & Shelbourne, as well as the one down town on Lower Yates by the Whale Wall.

#270 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:48 AM

Similar to the YUM corporation that bought out PIZZA HUT years ago. They completely Destroyed it.

Pizza Hut used to actually be a really good chain of full service Dine In Restaurants, and the pan pizza they made was wicked as far as I'm concerned.

I used to frequent the location at Cedar Hill & Shelbourne, as well as the one down town on Lower Yates by the Whale Wall.

Ah yes, me too!  Agree.

#271 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:56 AM

Yum! also destroyed Taco Bell and KFC.
  • Star Dust likes this

#272 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 11:21 AM

Yum! also destroyed Taco Bell and KFC.

I know, I went through the KFC drive-through on Douglas last weekend and got a Big Crunch Chicken sandwich....For $7 dollars I got this luke warm half shriveled up chicken patty between an partially stale un-toasted bun with a tiny bit of Mayo and some shredded lettuce. Oh and I asked for it to be a Spicy one (which means all they do is squirt some hot sauce on top of it) LOL.   Last time I will ever get one of those. Total waste of money.

As far as Fried Chicken Take-Out goes..........Lee's up in Duncan makes wicked chicken. They Pressure Cook it instead of dropping into a fryer. Makes a world of difference.  The down side, is I have to drive to Duncan to get it LOL. 

Edited by Star Dust, 10 February 2018 - 11:22 AM.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#273 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

^Did you check out their health inspection report while you were driving?

• Matt R. and sdwright.vic like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#274 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

100% agree. Fond childhood memories of the pan pizza, the breadsticks and the really good salad bar. The restaurants used to be sparkling clean too, and when I was in elementary school one of my favourite things was getting the personal pizza reward for finishing books in the Scholastic Club reading list! :)

Nowadays PH is gross, the dough is almost always undercooked and greasy and they barely put any toppings on. Sad!

• Nparker likes this
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#275 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

The personal pan was great!  And they used to have cheap beer too, but they changed that some time in the 90's.  They also had all-you-can-eat night, where a server would bring slices out.

What thread are we in?

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 12 February 2018 - 04:27 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#276 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

The personal pan was great!  And they used to have cheap beer too, but they changed that some time in the 90's.  They also had all-you-can-eat night, where a server would bring slices out.

What thread are we in?

The Johnson Street Bridge thread?  :confused:

• Cats4Hire likes this

#277 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:45 PM

What thread are we in?

Don't forget the SALAD BAR....that was a big thing at Pizza Hut for a while.  Not sure who did it first Mr. Mikes or Pizza Hut

Edited by Star Dust, 12 February 2018 - 04:46 PM.

#278 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

May, 1963.  24 hour bowling.

27867196_1809629569056707_59079313382378

#279 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

40 lanes and 400 parking stalls!  

#280 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

100% agree. Fond childhood memories of the pan pizza, the breadsticks and the really good salad bar. The restaurants used to be sparkling clean too, and when I was in elementary school one of my favourite things was getting the personal pizza reward for finishing books in the Scholastic Club reading list! :)

Nowadays PH is gross, the dough is almost always undercooked and greasy and they barely put any toppings on. Sad!

One time Pizza Hut Screwed up and released hundreds and hundreds of the Scratch & Win Adverts in the mail.  Every single one gave away a free medium pizza. I lived in this apartment building and most people just threw them in the JUNK MAIL Pile, so I grabbed like 20 of them and got 20 FREE Medium Pizzas.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users