BUILT
Mayfair Shopping Centre
Use: commercial
Address: 3147 Douglas Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 3
Mayfair Shopping Centre in the City of Victoria was expanded by 100,000 square feet in 2018 as part of a high-... (view full profile)
Learn more about Mayfair Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Victoria] Mayfair Shopping Centre | Built in 1963 | Expansion completed in 2018

• Please log in to reply
656 replies to this topic

#621 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:58 PM

There's a BP application in for that new restaurant space on Douglas Street, but it's for a presentation centre. Womp womp.

Could it be for this project?

I hope so. The folder description says "Tresah Presentation Centre," which means nothing to me.

#622 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:08 PM

Another super exciting retailer coming to Mayfair soon: Lenscrafters.

I thought it was just Richmond, but the apparent influx of eyeglass stores seems to be hitting Victoria, too.

#623 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 04:34 PM

...I thought it was just Richmond, but the apparent influx of eyeglass stores seems to be hitting Victoria, too.

Maybe people are having difficulty seeing the locations of the newly opened gyms.

• Jackerbie likes this

#624 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:12 PM

clearly (pun intended) a highly profitable business.

#625 aastra

aastra
  • 20,570 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:48 PM

^Very clever, but also a rather obscure reference to Dr. Clearly, my ophthalmologist.

#626 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 15 October 2020 - 06:56 PM

^Very clever, but also a rather obscure reference to Dr. Clearly, my ophthalmologist.

I see what you did there.

#627 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,003 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 07:58 AM

Mayfair shopping centre is about to be sold

https://www.timescol...sold-1.24323557

No terms of the Mayfair deal have been made public.

Ivanhoe Cambridge, the real estate wing of Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), has had the Victoria mall as well as Lower Mainland shopping centres Tsawwassen Mills and Guildford Centre on the market in recent years.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 May 2021 - 07:59 AM.

• todd likes this

#628 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:25 AM

Mayfair has been acquired (or will be when the deal closes) by Weihong Liu, a businesswoman from Vancouver with ties to China, who recently acquired partial ownership rights to Nanaimo’s Woodgrove Centre.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#629 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 09:27 AM

She also owns Arbutus Ridge golf course.

#630 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 27 May 2021 - 08:53 PM

Makes sense as Woodgrove was also an Ivanhoe Cambridge property

#631 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 03:43 AM

The new owner of Mayfair shopping centre and the commercial lot to the south where Bed Bath and Beyond is located is embarking on a long-term development plan for its holdings that includes new housing.

Neighbourhood open houses are set for Monday and Tuesday to share ideas and goals prior to a detailed plan being drawn up.

The goal is for owner Central Walk to submit a rezoning application and application to change the official community plan in early spring.

https://www.timescol...housing-4697492

• Nparker likes this

#632 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:24 AM

Surface parking in the north end of the COV is going to be non-existent in 10 years or so, just as it is downtown currently - (with the exception of the Inner Harbour, which of all places is where surface parking shouldn't be).

As much as it changes the "tone" of any given area (loss of wide open spaces and lengthy view corridors), surface parking is the first thing to go when available properties start to get scarce, and very expensive ... and developers start to get an itch to "develop".

• Mike K. and Nparker like this

#633 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 82,943 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 06:39 AM

This just further reinforces how integral Tresah has been to the change in direction for that part of the city.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#634 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:14 AM

anybody know what remagined means?

https://www.timescol...housing-4697492

#635 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,221 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 10:16 AM

I imagine they meant reimagined.

• DavidSchell likes this

#636 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 02:46 PM

I would imagine that "reimagine" means something similar to what's been done in Vancouver at places like Metrotown and Brentwood mall.

It's packaging a large shopping mall along with a massive residential complex, with residences either above, or beside the actual shopping mall.

Seems folks (at least in Vancouver) love the concept ... albeit that in Vancouver the SkyTrain runs almost straight through the Brentwood developments residential living rooms.

#637 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:09 PM

^ I think the reality is that urban malls have been dying for the past decade. Many have tried to mix in office use to utilize the space with limited success so residential seems to be the logical next step. 

#638 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,003 posts

Posted 27 April 2022 - 04:30 AM

The first midway of the year opens Thursday at Mayfair mall, with rides booked onto the site for the first time in the shopping centre’s 59-year history.

Spring Fair at Mayfair opens at 3 p.m. Thursday in the parking lot near the junction of Blanshard and Finlayson streets, and will include rides, games, and food.

Amusement park favourites such as the Sizzler, the Zipper and bumper cars are among the dozen rides and activities being offered through the four-day run.

The fair is open until 10 p.m. Thursday through Saturday, and until 6 p.m. on Sunday. There is no admission fee to enter the site, but ride coupons are $1.25 apiece, with each ride requiring between three and six coupons.

https://www.timescol...hursday-5304005

#639 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:01 PM

Asian grocer H Mart to lease recently vacated Toys R Us space at Victoria's Mayfair Shopping Centre

• Nparker likes this
Know it all.

#640 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 12:16 PM

So we get our Asian grocery store but it is not T & T.

Best wishes to them.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users