- - - - -

NOOD (New Objects of Desire)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 victoriaguy

victoriaguy
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

I actually quite like this store. I'd never buy the furniture because it looks overpriced and it isn't my style.
I have bought other items from there, including vases, linens, towels and a serving tray.
The towels are very soft and have remained unfrayed and in good shape for much longer than anything I have ever purchased from the Bay.
For those on a budget, looking for furnishings for their first home/condo this is a great store.
As for Made in China labels, I find it interesting that people harp on a store like Nood when almost every other store has Made in China wares. I haven't seen a pair of running shoes not made there in over a decade.

Now, to throw the wrench in my argument: I won't shop at Wal-Mart.

Just my 2 cents!

#42 peanutflower

peanutflower
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:27 PM

Does anyone remember when there was an Ikea here? It used to be where Moxies Med Grill is now at the corner of Vancouver and Yates st. That was when it was still the original building that was, I believe, Plimley's car sales or something like that. It was a baby Ikea, but it was still great for all the little ikea things that make you spend $1000 instead of just the $200 that you had planned for your billy bookshelf. Ikea is masterful at that. And they have those great big bags that you absolutely must fill. It is really amazing how much stuff you can stuff into a 95 honda civic.

#43 t-mitch4

t-mitch4
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:56 PM

There are many rumours in the Cowichan Valley that Ikea will be building a store here.

#44 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

There have been Ikea rumours in Victoria ever since the downtown store closed all those years ago.

#45 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

25 years later and I am still using the dresser I bought there

#46 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

At first glance a store in Cowichan makes no sense, but seeing that it's right in between Nanaimo and Victoria, I suppose it would be wise to choose that area.

#47 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

People, the annual IKEA rumour thread is not due till November.
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#48 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:49 PM

I was thinking it was early. i am usually wearing my poppy by the time it hits the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users