Tim Hortons in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#221 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,280 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:18 AM

those columns don’t look sufficiently river rock enough. dull those sharp rock edges a bit.

#222 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

Apparently, Beyond Meat burgers don't go that well with Tim Hortons coffee, as the chain says it's dropping the alternative protein products at thousands of Canadian locations, just three months after introducing them.

The vegetable-based Beyond Burgers are being taken off menus nationally, while Beyond Meat breakfast sandwiches will be removed from all locations except in B.C. and Ontario, where a “positive reaction” means customers can continue to enjoy them, the company says.

https://www.cp24.com...d-b-c-1.4599387

#223 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:17 PM

Tim Hortons cancels Beyond Meat on National Cheeseburger day. Some irony there.

• Mike K. likes this

#224 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:12 PM

Westhills-Tim-Hortons-rising-alongside-Westshore's-first-provincial-government-office.jpg

A Tim Hortons coffee shop is under construction in Langford's Westshills community along Langford Parkway at Langford Lake Road. The café will open adjacent to the Westshore's first government office space coming soon to the Lakepoint One building visible in the background.

Westhills Tim Hortons rising alongside Westshore's first provincial government office

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#225 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 11:37 AM

Is this new Tims a standalone building? Seems a bit odd with this part of Westhills being the higher density part of the development that it wouldn't just take a commercial space in one of the upcoming towers. I guess they were limited with what they could fit onto that back corner of the Lakepoint development.

#226 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:02 PM

Yes, it’s standalone.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#227 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

They're not building a drive-thru in what is supposed to be "a model community based on the founding principles of sustainability, affordability, design excellence and quality construction," are they??

(quote from http://westhillsbc.c...bout-westhills/)

#228 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:05 PM

It better have a drive-thru!

Know it all.

#229 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

One wonders if 'rising' is really the right word for a 1 storey fast food restaurant.
  • shoeflack likes this

#230 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:47 PM

Next time it’ll be mushroomed!

Know it all.

#231 kenmuir

kenmuir
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

^ kept in the dark and fed loads of manure?

#232 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 09:16 AM

A pick-up smashed through a Tim Hortons restaurant in Sooke earlier this morning. Nobody was injured. The restaurant looks badly damaged.

There's a photo on VV's Facebook page.

Know it all.

#233 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,280 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 11:02 AM

Some T’Sou-ke Nation businesses are out of commission Wednesday morning after a truck was driven right through their doors.

Sooke RCMP says it appears the vehicle was intentionally driven into the building at 3:40 a.m., striking the Petro-Canada and Tim Hortons in the 6000-block of Sooke Road.

One man is in custody after the incident.

https://www.vicnews....e-petro-canada/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 December 2020 - 11:02 AM.

#234 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:18 PM

Release:

Attempted Theft of ATM
Sooke

2020-12-09 12:04 PST

File # 2020-5560

Attempted theft of ATM from Tim Hortons.

Shortly before 4:00 am this morning the Sooke RCMP responded to a report of a vehicle that had driven through the front door of Tim Hortons and Petro Canada, located at 6080 Sooke Road.

Sooke RCMP Frontline members attended immediately and found a truck that had crashed through the front of the building and was unoccupied inside.

It is believed that the suspects were trying to gain access to the ATM machine located inside the business.

With the help of the RCMP Police Dog Services and Westshore RCMP members, a male suspect was located and arrested a short distance away hiding in the bushes.

Police believe that there is still one male suspect outstanding and are requesting anyone with information related to the person or persons responsible for the break and enter, to please call the Sooke RCMP at 250-642-5241 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#235 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

Have never been able to get aboard the Timmy's Booster Train: their coffee is uniformly awful, superseded in its awfulness only by their food offerings. The one thing they do reasonably well IMO - oddly enough given its mass produced on an industrial scale - is their chili which I actually like and will order any and every time I have no other option but to patronize the place.

But that coffee......I have never felt a burning desire to consume a quart of engine locomotive diesel fuel, but were I suddenly overcome by the need, I would imagine it tastes very much like TH's coffee.

#236 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 06:57 PM

Agree with everything here. Just don't get the hype. Will only ever go there as an absolute last resort.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#237 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:03 PM

Ya....I don't particularly like TH coffee.

I think all TH have drive thrus, but I see Starbucks catching up by replacing the walk in ones.  

#238 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:09 PM

I’m the opposite. I don’t mind TH, it’s easy drinking.

When I order Starbucks, it’s a short cup of coffee, in a tall cup, with the rest hot water and some cream. I find SB way, way too strong and bitter.

My favourite mass-coffee coffee is McDonald’s. It’s a-ok.
  • Matt R. and FogPub like this

Know it all.

#239 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:11 PM

I agree with you on Starbucks, I actually like the coffee from MacDonald's.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#240 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:19 PM

Yes, McDonalds has the best fast food style coffee. And far more reasonable prices.
  • Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users