BUILT
Turnberry
Use: subdivision
Address: Champions Court at Bear Mountain Parkway
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Turnberry is a two phase, 51 home subdivision at the Bear Mountain development in the municipality of Langford... (view full profile)
Learn more about Turnberry on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford + Highlands] Bear Mountain | 4,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
2177 replies to this topic

#1921 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Speak for yourself. I had a great view until those fort walls went up. Also, don't get me started on the shading.

• Nparker likes this

#1922 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:13 PM

Photos from July 8th - Turnberry Lane

Attached Images

• Bear Mountain 16.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 15.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 13.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 12.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 14.JPG

Edited by MarkoJ, 08 July 2015 - 04:28 PM.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1923 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Photos from July 8th - Navigators Rise

Attached Images

• Bear Mountain 6.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 8.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 10.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 7.JPG

Edited by MarkoJ, 08 July 2015 - 04:23 PM.

• 2F2R and D.L. like this

#1924 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

Photo from July 8th - Echo Valley Drive

Attached Images

• Bear Mountain 2.JPG
  • Bear Mountain 3.JPG

Edited by MarkoJ, 08 July 2015 - 04:24 PM.

• 2F2R likes this

#1925 Out of towner

Out of towner
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

OK, new rumour out today, Bear Mountain has been sold, again. Dan Matthews, Ecoasis CEO, will neither confirm nor deny apparently. Some say to a pension fund, others to Asian Investment group.

Have to wait and see if this has any legs.

Harvey simons keeps telling anyone who will listen that he is brokering the Bear Mountain with a Chinese Group.

#1926 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

Photos from October 23rd: Turnberry Lane & Navigators Rise

Attached Images

• IMG_6781.JPG
  • IMG_6777.JPG
  • IMG_6775.JPG
  • IMG_6770.JPG
  • IMG_6787.JPG
  • IMG_6788.JPG
  • IMG_6790.JPG
  • IMG_6792.JPG

• 2F2R likes this

#1927 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,784 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

No side walks. Walk score = 0.0.

#1928 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

No side walks. Walk score = 0.0.

Sidewalk on one side I think.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1929 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

I don't think you live up there for walk score.  you live up there to show off/have a big house and be ok with the trade off that it will take you almost all day to get to and from work.

Obviously I'm generalizing here, but it's true that it's a terrible place for commuters.

• Mr Cook Street likes this

#1930 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Thanks Marko, those are great homes with a fantastic view!

Excuse me while I go buy my lottery tickets now...

Nagel, I'm guessing the sort of people who get to live up there aren't slogging it out in the 9-5 slums like the rest of us and more than likely get to avoid peak commute times ;)

• 2F2R likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1931 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:09 AM

Thanks Marko, those are great homes with a fantastic view!

Excuse me while I go buy my lottery tickets now...

Nagel, I'm guessing the sort of people who get to live up there aren't slogging it out in the 9-5 slums like the rest of us and more than likely get to avoid peak commute times ;)

At the top yes but there are some affordable homes all over the mountain.  I had a look in some of them for kicks.  Really nice houses.  We didn't seriously consider it a) because it's really bloody cold up there and b) it would take a long time to get anywhere, even if you just needed some milk or eggs.

#1932 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

There are two areas of Bear Mountain, one is below the actual signage (which is not part of the development but people still refer to it as Bear Mountain), and then there's Bear Mountain-Bear Mountain.

What sorts of prices were you seeing, nagel, and whereabouts were the homes you were checking out? I always get asked about BM and assume most everything up there is quite pricey.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1933 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:57 PM

There is going to be more development on the Mountain starting with an extension to the Bear Valley Parkway to service 28 homesites and 2 townhome sites surrounding holes 3,4,and 5, as well as a new subdivision in the Highlands area on the southeast side of holes 16 and 18 on the Valley course.

• 2F2R likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#1934 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

Len's brother's place has also gone under:

High profile Sooke development, Mariner's Village, project sinks into receivership

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1935 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 07:43 PM

That never seemed a good idea to me.

#1936 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,617 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

My sister and brother in law just recently moved out to BM and bought a unit in Finlayson Reach; to be honest I'm not too sure what to think. On the one hand the lifestyle is probably ideal for them (there lots of amenities locally and especially in that building itself and they have no kids), and while the unit itself is nice enough its not overly huge, just over 1000 s/f with a nice expansive view and, well - yeah - the traffic. Ugh. No thanks. And she has to drive right downtown for work. Nice development to visit but frankly I'm happier living on the Gorge.....

#1937 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

Len's brother's place has also gone under:

Len's brother?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#1938 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:27 PM

Len Barries brother Mike.

#1939 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

My sister and brother in law just recently moved out to BM and bought a unit in Finlayson Reach; to be honest I'm not too sure what to think. On the one hand the lifestyle is probably ideal for them (there lots of amenities locally and especially in that building itself and they have no kids), and while the unit itself is nice enough its not overly huge, just over 1000 s/f with a nice expansive view and, well - yeah - the traffic. Ugh. No thanks. And she has to drive right downtown for work. Nice development to visit but frankly I'm happier living on the Gorge.....

That's what makes the world go around- different things for different people. I personally would never live on the Gorge, or Esquimalt or Gordon head,  downtown, Vic West, Broadmead or Oak Bay. Me, I love Bear Mountain, Metchosin, Highlands and the Westshore in general. Much more vibrant for our tastes. No real need to go downtown now days as most amenities are out here so traffic is not an issue at all. Each to their own!!

#1940 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,617 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:19 PM

That's what makes the world go around- different things for different people. I personally would never live on the Gorge, or Esquimalt or Gordon head,  downtown, Vic West, Broadmead or Oak Bay. Me, I love Bear Mountain, Metchosin, Highlands and the Westshore in general. Much more vibrant for our tastes. No real need to go downtown now days as most amenities are out here so traffic is not an issue at all. Each to their own!!

Which is essentially what I said above. To wit - "the lifestyle is probably ideal for them" quote unquote. So your point was...what, exactly?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users