Photo

Victoria tourism issues and discussion

• Please log in to reply
3326 replies to this topic

#3321 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:02 PM

Dude, I keep telling people downtown Victoria is like France and also Dubai!

#3322 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 73,484 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:06 PM

There’s your parking lot design team right there.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3323 Matt R.

Matt R.
  • 5,249 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:08 PM

The tourist info/milestones building really is like a miniaturized Burj Khalifa.
  • aastra and Sparky like this

#3324 aastra

aastra
  • 18,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:10 PM

Dude, I keep telling people downtown Victoria is like France and also Dubai!

No doubt, but with a bit of Thessaloniki and Antananarivo mixed in. Unfortunately, the whole "Prague of the Pacific" thing has been dialed down a bit in recent years. But as we all know, less Prague = more Savannah, so it's all good.

FYI: you don't need to "dude" me. Unlike some other forumers on this board who shall rename unidentified, I tend to listen respectfully.

#3325 aastra

aastra
  • 18,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 04:51 PM

Youtube channel Alina Mcleod

Description: Victoria is the capital city of British Columbia and definitely one of the most beautiful and relaxing cities in Canada! It is the perfect place to start a Vancouver Island roadtrip and absolutely deserves a stay of a minimum of 2 days.

Imagine that. At least two days.

funny-because-it's-true comment:

I was in Victoria for a conference back in 2004.  Very nice place, although I didn't have the time to see very much.  But I remember I had a flight connection from Vancouver and it was the shortest flight I have done in my life.  It's like you've barely taken off and you start landing.

#3326 aastra

aastra
  • 18,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 05:00 PM

Youtube channel Aly Smalls

...on Vancouver Island, although I know some people also call it Victoria Island. It's posh, it's elegant, it's also known as little olde England...

--

We're going to explore the city for a few days...

--

It's the perfect balance of a refined, urban city with access to the rugged outdoors within minutes.

...it kind of reminds me of San Francisco, and you're about to see why.

--

Victoria... has the second highest number of restaurants per capita in North America... (aastra says: or does it?)

#3327 aastra

aastra
  • 18,186 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 05:02 PM

Market Square seems to be getting a lot of good press in recent travel vids. Not sure if that would be organic or not, but it seems like it is. I don't mean they're raving on an on about it. But they're often showing it as one of those neat things you can discover as you're walking around.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users