#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

^ My phone shows it as digital.timescolonist.com

http://digital.times...per/viewer.aspx

Welcome to Times Colonist Digital!

Now you can read Times Colonist anytime, anywhere. Times Colonist Digital is available to you at home or at work, and is the same edition as the printed copy available at the newsstand.

Sections and supplements are laid out just as in the print edition, but complemented by a variety of digital tools which enhance the printed newspaper's look and feel.

Sections and supplements on my mobile that I see are not laid out the same, and I can't see any display ads like I would in the paper.

I think the true "digital edition" can't be seen without paying.

Anyway, as soon as Glacier's agreement with Postmedia ends (to still use their online tools and format for some set time beyond the ownership change), I assume TC online will look very different.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

My phone shows this link:

http://www.timescolo...ouch/index.html

But it is awful. It keeps bouncing back onto the previous page.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#23 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

^ Try to Google "Times Colonist" on your phone and the suggestions should provide a digital version.

#24 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

The TC has 20 articles in today's business section, not a single one is local. That's kind of sad.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#25 martini

martini
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

There was no coverage about Paul Summerville's Liberal campaign office being vandalized.
One would think with the level of damage involved. Full police investigation.

Chek and CFAX both covered it.

#26 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:04 PM

Walked there today and noted that and that many of the Gann signs had been thrown into the Mondrian site. So at least they are bipartisan vandals. Fairly sure that is a Federal felony if caught.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#27 David Bratzer

David Bratzer
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Walked there today and noted that and that many of the Gann signs had been thrown into the Mondrian site. So at least they are bipartisan vandals. Fairly sure that is a Federal felony if caught.

About a week ago, I noticed a lot of Gann signs disappeared from the boulevard on the Cook St hill (just south of Hillside Ave). I'm not supporting Gann in this election but it is very disappointing to see stuff like this happen.

#28 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

I have noticed a lot of smashed signs, which is too bad because campaigns spend a lot of money and volunteer hours getting the word out about their candidates. Regardless of your political thoughts, defacing another campaigns' messaging is childish and disrespectful.

#29 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Democracy is alive and well in Victoria :farmer:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#30 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

Mob rule?

#31 Candarius

Candarius
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

We had someone from the NDP call us to ask if they could count on our support. My wife said 'Sure'. They then asked if they could put a sign on our lawn and my wife said 'Sure'.

They then asked if we were still on Park and my wife said 'I have never lived there'.

They then asked if my wife was Carol and my wife said 'No, I have never been Carol'.

But at least they put the sign on our lawn and not someone they did not speak to! :-) After all, my wife has had the same phone number for nearly 15 years...

#32 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have noticed a lot of smashed signs, which is too bad because campaigns spend a lot of money and volunteer hours getting the word out about their candidates. Regardless of your political thoughts, defacing another campaigns' messaging is childish and disrespectful.

Someone lit mine (Conservative) on fire last election. There was never any danger, and I thought it was more creative than just chucking it.

#33 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

The Grey Cup that might have been

Times Colonist November 23, 2012 3:04 AM

We know, we know - the B.C. Lions are not playing in Sunday's Grey Cup, despite what the cover of today's TV Times might suggest.

Production deadlines meant TV Times had to be printed before last Sunday's Western final between the heavily favoured Lions and Calgary Stampeders. The game, it turns out, was won by the Stampeders who will play the Toronto Argonauts for the cup. The game will be shown on TSN, starting at 3: 30 p.m.

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz2D3Oq7mKp

Funny that they'd take a gamble like this, and not just go with a generic cover...

#34 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,148 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Read more: http://www.timescolo...l#ixzz2D3Oq7mKp

Funny that they'd take a gamble like this, and not just go with a generic cover...

This gives a whole new meaning to "yesterday's news not tomorrow..... but just plain wrong."

The person that signed off on this gamble should look for a job in the janitorial field.

#35 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

This gives a whole new meaning to "yesterday's news not tomorrow..... but just plain wrong."

The person that signed off on this gamble should look for a job in the janitorial field.

Or it was not a gamble, they had two copies, they placed the one that was the gamble, and someone forgot to pull it before the run. But that does not make sense, everyone has seen images of the pressmen pulling copies off the press as they print, they would have caught it.

#36 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

The TC paywall is back up, I think effective yesterday.

#37 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

The front page is a full page Black Friday ad for Rogers Cell phone

This is crap for a few reasons

1 I want to see some big news ( or in the least Local News) on the front page
2 Black Friday is a US thing not a Canadian thing
3 Advertising like this belongs on an insert

Guess the TC needs the money

What the hell is wrong with them
Are there others who feel similar about this

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Can you post a photo, HB? And if so, also post a photo of the TV Times with the Grey Cup wrong? Although it sounds like it might be worth coughing up the $1.75 or whatever, this sounds like a collectors item.

#39 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

Yes. Also, if Canadian retailers can't come up with a locally relevant tradition to inaugurate the holiday shopping season without ripping off the irrelevant US one (ie, irrelevant because it's not Thanksgiving here), well, that's just pathetic. They deserve all the cross-border shopping they get.

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yes. Also, if Canadian retailers can't come up with a locally relevant tradition to inaugurate the holiday shopping season without ripping off the irrelevant US one (ie, irrelevant because it's not Thanksgiving here), well, that's just pathetic. They deserve all the cross-border shopping they get.

No, I'm with them on this. Look, we get 90% of our news/media/culture from the US. That's not gonna change. Why reinvent the Canadian wheel, when we can synch with them and ride the wave?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users