BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#901 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

I'm certain you'll find that many developers are open to working with a serious buyer. They are in the business of selling homes, and if a solid deal can't be made due to a point-in-time issue brought forward by the buyer, they most certainly would want to work it out with you in lieu of seeing you walk.

• Promontory Kingpin likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#902 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

I’d say a developer would be foolish to decline your offer. And his banker would likely agree.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#903 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

He might wonder why though. A plausible explanation would make him most comfortable.
  • Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#904 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

A major concrete pour is continuing at this hour.

This is some serious stuff, the likes we’ve never seen in Victoria before, I bet. I also had no idea cranes had lighting to illuminate the ground below the pulley thing.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#905 Arnold

Arnold
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:05 PM

IMG_3207.JPG

#906 m3m

m3m
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

Some new renderings of the common spaces I hadn't seen before. 

Attached Images

• hp1.jpg
  • hp2.jpg
  • hp3.jpg
  • hp4.jpg
  • hp5.jpg

• Nparker, jonny, grantpalin and 1 other like this

#907 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

I'm digging the amenity floor. Will they be accessible at all times for residents or are they for booking?

#908 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

Walked up Caledonia the other day past the new rental towers and the whole block smells like puke and urine.

• Matt R. likes this

#909 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

I found a copy of the original plan when this was Radius:

136557244.jpg

#910 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,759 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

The Radius was a pretty cool concept.

• zoomer likes this

#911 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

I know this is likely the wrong Hudson thread, but does anyone have an update to the brewpub that is going in across from the arena (in Hudson II I think)? It's been a while since they announced it so I'd expect an opening sometime this year but haven't heard anything lately. 

#912 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

Stilled mirred in municipal issues, according to one of the owners. That’s all I’ve been told.

Know it all.

#913 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

Dropped by the construction site today, and the foundation sure is deep - could fit a 6-storey building in that hole. If someone decides to nuke Victoria, the Hudson One might just be the place to run to...

• jonny likes this

#914 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,759 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

...If someone decides to nuke Victoria, the Hudson One might just be the place to run to...

As Victoria's tallest building I expect Hudson Place to be ground zero of that nuclear strike.  ;) 

(I realize that CFB Esquimalt is a much more likely target; I'm just being a bit silly)

#915 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

How long do we think before they get to the ground level? Citified lists the building as having a 2019 completion date. That seems ambitious, unless that hasn't been updated.

#916 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

How long do we think before they get to the ground level? Citified lists the building as having a 2019 completion date. That seems ambitious, unless that hasn't been updated.

That seems really ambitious. They were still blasting on the Blanshard St side last week. I don't think we'll get grade until 2019.

#917 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,759 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

How long do we think before they get to the ground level...

Considering that the footings aren't even in place yet, my guess is a minimum of 6-9 months to get to grade.

#918 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

I think it’s actually been pushed back to early-mid 2020, but the completion date was 2019 earlier in the blasting stage.

Townline’s crews can push through what must be three floors every two weeks. Typically the union shops will push through one a week. At 25-floors we should see the tower top out by spring of next year but I will confirm.
  • jonny likes this

Know it all.

#919 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

I can confirm the above is on point.
  • Kapten Kapsell likes this

Know it all.

#920 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, I figured 2020 was more reasonable. 

On another note, an article about HP1 from the Daily Hive in Vancouver came out yesterday which says that the trees featured on the exterior all the way up the building will be arbutus trees, which I hadn't heard before. I can't seem to find anything else on the trees anywhere else online, and I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of the article, especially since it says HP1 will be 26 storeys instead of 25 and refers to the area as the "Hudson Bay District", but I think it would be pretty neat if they were arbutus trees. It would be something uniquely Victorian.

Link: http://dailyhive.com...on-bay-district

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)