BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#61 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

I thought the zoning was for one at 15 and one at 24? I suppose they could down zone the 24 but that would be too bad.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#62 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:00 AM

Nope, 17 and 24.

Originally it was 19-storeys. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to go back to 19.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#63 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,335 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

Hard to tell, but the camera on the blimp looks pretty high. Hope it is 24!

#64 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

Guessing by the position of the blimp they are taking views from the location of the shorter of the two towers, whatever height it may ultimately be. The 24-storey tower will be at the northwest corner of the site opposite The Hudson's northeast corner.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#65 smartstart

smartstart
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:31 AM

The blimp was almost double the height of the Mews at one point.   The old parkade seems like a great place to launch from.    

#66 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,662 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:44 AM

...the 24-storey tower will be at the north west corner of the site opposite The Hudson's north east corner.

I thought the shorter tower was going in this location, directly across the street (more-or-less) from Hudson Walk. Isn't the 24-storey tower proposed for the NE corner?

#67 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:48 AM

Legato has 88 at 17-storeys, so 141 isn't so bad. I've put in a request for more info to see if we're talking about the 24 or 17-storey tower.

Nicely done Mike! I look forward to the update. 

• Mike K. likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#68 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:51 AM

I thought the shorter tower was going in this location, directly across the street (more-or-less) from Hudson Walk. Isn't the 24-storey tower proposed for the NE corner?

I'm pretty sure the big tower will be along the carriageway and the shorter of the two along Blanshard, more or less where the blimp was taking photos.

Know it all.

#69 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

^ Yes you are correct from the ancient drawings that were done on this.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#70 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,662 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 08:39 AM

Regardless get it built!

• 2F2R likes this

#71 aastra

aastra
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

Upon further review I see that Townline's 999 Seymour has 134 units (22 stories).

A 22-storey tower with 134 design-forward homes located In the centre of downtown Vancouver.

Pic...

Edited by aastra, 10 June 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#72 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:57 AM

The roof is off the Red Hot Video building. Some fencing is up. Total demolition happening?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#73 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,662 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:20 AM

The roof is off the Red Hot Video building. Some fencing is up. Total demolition happening?

That sure would be nice.  :)

#74 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hopefully council didn't approve the one story restaurant there.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#75 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:44 PM

Hopefully council didn't approve the one story restaurant there.

To remind folks:

http://www.timescolo...-panel-1.916689

Of note is they have not touched the front or rear facade (no pix of rear, but I looked).   This might just be a renovation to avoid whatever they need from the city to make the changes they wanted.  

pl3.jpg

pl2.jpg

pl1.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#76 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:33 PM

Nice photos VHF...could be a tad straighter, but I'm wondering if you have been up to the petting zoo lately jumping into the pile of sawdust.

• Nparker and lanforod like this

#77 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:27 AM

The towers are coming. 350 units are approved, although there is no definitive timeline for Hudson Place 1 and 2. Over at Hudson Walk, however, a 14-storey rental tower will be starting construction next year.

Hudson-District.jpg

Hundreds of homes and Victoria's tallest building planned for Hudson District

By Mike Kozakowski, Citified.ca.

http://victoria.citi...udson-district/

Richmond-based Townline is making swift work of it's land holdings in north downtown's Hudson District where multiple residential towers are queued for construction, including Victoria's future tallest building.

The company recently completed Hudson Mews, a 12-storey, 120 unit rental highrise with ground floor commercial space mid-way up the 700-block of Fisgard Street to the east of the 152 unit The Hudson (former Hudson's Bay Company department store and home of the Victoria Public Market). And spanning the 700-blocks of Caledonia and Herald streets is Hudson Walk, phase one, a 16-storey, 178 unit rental tower with ground floor commercial space currently under construction. Occupancy is expected by next fall.

Next year Townline plans to start construction on phase two of Hudson Walk, a 14-storey tower comprised of 110 rental units sharing interior design and layout similarities with phase one. Ground floor commercial spaces will have frontage onto Caledonia and Blanshard streets. Completion is expected in 2017. [Read more]

• Nparker, Mr Cook Street, lanforod and 1 other like this

Know it all.

#78 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

And spanning the 700-blocks of Caledonia and Fisgard streets is Hudson Walk, phase one,

Do you mean Herald and Caledonia?

#79 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,453 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

Oops, I'll update that here too :)

Know it all.

#80 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,662 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:23 PM

The towers are coming. 350 units are approved, although there is no definitive timeline for Hudson Place 1 and 2...

Any word if Townline hopes to move ahead with these projects when HW2 is complete (or nearing completion)?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users