BUILT
Hudson Place One
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 777 Herald Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 25
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Hudson Place One is a 25-storey, 176-suite mixed-use condominium tower with ground floor commercial space at d... (view full profile)
Learn more about Hudson Place One on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Hudson Place One | Condos; commercial | 25-storeys | Built - Completed in 2020

• Please log in to reply
1676 replies to this topic

#921 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

I can confirm the above is on point.

that schedule is very aggressive, but hey if they can do it all the power to them.  Every project I am involved in is months behind schedule and at least one I know of is now a year behind

#922 LJ

LJ
  • 12,742 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

Arbutus - pretty to look at, very messy to own.

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#923 Veblen

Veblen
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

Yeah, I figured 2020 was more reasonable. 
On another note, an article about HP1 from the Daily Hive in Vancouver came out yesterday which says that the trees featured on the exterior all the way up the building will be arbutus trees, which I hadn't heard before. I can't seem to find anything else on the trees anywhere else online, and I'm not sure I trust the accuracy of the article, especially since it says HP1 will be 26 storeys instead of 25 and refers to the area as the "Hudson Bay District", but I think it would be pretty neat if they were arbutus trees. It would be something uniquely Victorian.
Link: http://dailyhive.com...on-bay-district

Some sort of “wind-resistant” arbutus trees/shrubs, according to the sales team. They will be in pots connected to an irrigation system.

#924 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:50 AM

Hudson Bay District haha funny, never heard of that district before, hilarious they think they have the right to name a section of town.  Afterwards don't forget to stop by the TJV District, my house is at #1 TJV Drive (my driveway)

• Brantastic likes this

#925 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:56 AM

tracking ~~~

#926 grantpalin

grantpalin
  • 804 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:09 PM

On the southwest side of the pit (next to the carriageway), it looks like the second parking level is being assembled.

#927 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 July 2018 - 12:31 PM

I am really excited about this building, but I REALLY hope it doesn't stay as our tallest for years and years.

• Nparker, jonny and grantpalin like this

#928 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:54 AM

I am really excited about this building, but I REALLY hope it doesn't stay as our tallest for years and years.

For example, I want something more competitive with this 'ONE Water Street' project in Kelowna.  Both towers are taller than Hudson Place One and the taller one is the tallest building between Calgary and Vancouver at 36 storeys.  Construction is already underway.

Attached Images

• one%201.jpg

• jonny, grantpalin and Jackerbie like this

#929 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 07:59 AM

^ Tallest for now, at least! Westcorp received approval for a 131 m tall tower in February. It will be in downtown Kelowna.

10712751_web1_170823-KCN-new-hotel-desig

• RFS likes this

#930 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

^ Tallest for now, at least! Westcorp received approval for a 131 m tall tower in February. It will be in downtown Kelowna.

Very nice.  This one has been shared here before and also looks fantastic.  27 and 37 storeys at Prospera Place

Attached Images

• development%204.png

#931 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

Stop posting these pictures please. It's depressing.

131 meters is 55% taller than HP1 will be. 

• AllseeingEye, sdwright.vic and Jackerbie like this

#932 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:15 AM

^ Foggy sunset rendering is giving me Blade Runner vibes!

It's amazing how quickly Kelowna has embraced height, even if only in the former industrial areas. I remember a 26 storey rental tower being shouted down for being too massive when I lived in Kelowna just six years ago!

• Mike K. and jonny like this

#933 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

Stop posting these pictures please. It's depressing.

131 meters is 55% taller than HP1 will be. 

Agreed.  Also looks like the top will light up at night.  Very cool

#934 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:19 AM

^ Kelowna City Council probably doesn't hate the rich or people with dreams of owning their own home. 

Don't get me wrong, Victoria has come a long way. Buildings like HP1, Promontory, Encore and 1515 Douglas seemed like impossibilities 10 years ago. I just have this feeling that we're another Isitt on City Council away from taking gargantuan steps backwards. 

Edited by jonny, 04 July 2018 - 08:23 AM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#935 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:56 AM

65 units sold so far.

• jonny likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#936 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 01:55 PM

Sometimes I wonder why WestBank abandoned Victoria after the Falls... I know that there weee issues there and at Shutters, but surely they could make a go of it here...?

#937 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:07 PM

They tried to build an office tower prior to the economic collapse.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#938 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 04 July 2018 - 02:21 PM

Sometimes I wonder why WestBank abandoned Victoria after the Falls... I know that there weee issues there and at Shutters, but surely they could make a go of it here...?

FWIW, the tower in Kelowna is being built by Edmonton's Westcorp, not Vancouver's Westbank Corp  :)

#939 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:59 PM

Could Westbank have felt repudiated when their proposal for the corner of Belleville and Douglas was turned down. Maybe they felt Victoria didn't get their vibe.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#940 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:03 PM

Kelowna is starting to look weird with these recent high-rises coming up with low density around them. Given real estate there has been pretty expensive for a while now, they should try raising the floor (literally) in the vicinity. It is interesting they're less allergic to height than the folks over here, maybe it's because their mountains are taller...

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (2)