Photo

Mt. Washington Alpine Resort

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#141 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 04:26 AM

New York-based Extell Development is, according to this recent WSJ article, in the midst of trying to build a $2 billion full-service ski and snowboard resort near Park City, Utah. It would be the first new resort in the United States in about four decades. These things are, clearly, difficult to get approved, and the fundamentals are, arguably, not all that great. In the early 1990s, the US had about 546 ski and snowboard resorts across the country. As of the 2018-2019 season that number had dropped to 476, according to the WSJ. People are skiing less than they used it, it would seem.

#142 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:14 AM

is it just me or does the “marketing manager” do a great job here of making a trip to the mountain seem absolutely dismal this year?

https://www.timescol...gton-1.24245032

pit toilets
lots of outdoor lineups
use your car as your dressing room
no tents or any cover whatsoever during bad weather
a lot of areas closed off

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 November 2020 - 09:19 AM.

#143 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 225 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:24 AM

I’d guess a lot of Marketing Managers have been turned into Covid Compliance Managers and Customer Expectation Managers.

I bet the resort owners are glad just to be able to sell lift tickets. With very little to do this winter season, they could have a good year even with the restrictions.
  • Matt R. likes this

#144 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 21,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:25 AM

yes that’s probably true.

make it seem too fun and you’ll be shut down (butchart gardens).
  • Nparker likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users