Photo

General Heritage Discussion

• Please log in to reply
683 replies to this topic

#681 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,920 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:54 PM

...I agree that even for her supporters, Lisa jumped the shark on this one.

Do you think for even a moment her supporters will care?

#682 Moderation

Moderation
  • Suspended User
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:58 PM

The mayor said. in her article    SFH in Victoria – has racist, exclusionary roots.  I agree with this statement.  A tree has many roots  and I am not saying that this is the only reason for SFH creation or the reason to change zoning regulations.

There were historically racist exclusionary elements in housing including SFH in BC and Victoria as is clearly indicated above. That is the point that I want to acknowledge. 

I will say it again that in my opinion mayors overall statement was a step too far.

#683 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 69,457 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 11:04 PM

If we want to dig deep enough, we’ll also have to scrap ever using the E&N Railway again, because train routes built in BC used Chinese labour in an expendable, and arguably racist way. Racism connected Canada, in other words.

Anyways, we've all made our points. The mayor is in the wrong and why she feels she has to double down is anyone’s guess.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#684 Nparker

Nparker
  • 31,920 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 06:24 AM

...The mayor is in the wrong and why she feels she has to double down is anyone’s guess.

Because Her Worseship is incapable of ever admitting she is wrong. Doubling down has been her modus operandi from day one.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users