Ice cream?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:55 PM

I was thinking today, why doesn't every coffee shop in town serve ice cream in the summer? It can't be too hard to have a little hard ice cream freezer, even somewhat mobile, you could throw it out on the patio maybe. I declare, every coffee shop ought to sell ice cream for the three days it'll be nice this summer.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:52 PM

Now do I have any takers?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 yodsaker

yodsaker
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

I'm sure there's a by-law somewhere requiring inspections or godknowswhat.:cool:

#4 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:47 PM

Now do I have any takers?

I'm just sipping on my frappuccino while cuddling my air conditioner.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#5 aastra

aastra
  • 20,763 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

I don't know, the way this summer is playing out you might buy a couple of tubs of ice cream and never open the second one.

#6 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

For what it is worth....my favorite desert is 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with 2 ounces of Kahlua poured over it.

You can order it at most bars and restaurants.

Delightful.

#7 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,047 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

Affogato is also easily executed at most any restaurant, and while likely not on the menu should be a no brainer. Excellent in the heat.

Matt.

#8 Jared

Jared
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

In Ontario a lot of coffee shops seem to have soft ice cream machines. They use them to make milkshakes in the winter.

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Went downtown to the Beacon Drive in and had a nice soft ice cream (chocolate dipped) tonight. mmmmmmmm

It was also interesting that it was 20C at the Beacon, 19C at Saxe Point Park and 28C back at the house, two hours later. Air Conditioning - ON!!
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 July 2010 - 08:46 PM

Air Conditioning - ON!!

My little portable A/C in the bedroom isn't doing a very good job tonight :(

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#11 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

For what it is worth....my favorite desert is 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream with 2 ounces of Kahlua poured over it.

You can order it at most bars and restaurants.

Delightful.

True North Gelato offers several different varieties of boozy ice cream sundae-type treats, starting at the unbelievably low low price of $16. :rolleyes:

#12 Phil McAvity

Phil McAvity
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

True North Gelato offers several different varieties of boozy ice cream sundae-type treats, starting at the unbelievably low low price of $16. :rolleyes:

Kahlua and ice cream does sound good but I was also thinking that Sparky is prolly living as little larger than me to afford such luxuries.
In chains by Keynes

#13 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

New ice cream place in Quadra Street Village has been open for a few weeks.

#14 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

You know what, I went for my once a summer chocolate malt at the Soda Shoppe that used to be owned by Rogers Chocolate. I guess the malt was okay though expensive. But even though there were about six staff working and few customers in the store, the place was a pig sty. There were crumbs and crap lying all over the place, and the lovely tile floor obviously hadn't been washed in at least several days. I won't be back.

#15 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,149 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

Kahlua and ice cream does sound good but I was also thinking that Sparky is prolly living as little larger than me to afford such luxuries.

Holy crap Phil you are correct. When I first read your post, I thought that it just couldn't be that expensive. So I called the Keg (I thought that would be a good middle of the road comparison) They charge $9.18 for 1 oz of Kahlua but they give you the ice cream for free. I need to start paying attention.

In comparison they charge $6.95 for cheesecake and $5.95 for Creme Brulee.

That's it.....it's time to load up the old flask and just order the ice cream.

#16 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

My little portable A/C in the bedroom isn't doing a very good job tonight :(

If you are able to do it in your building you should try one of the wall mounted Mitsubushi slimline AC machines. They do a great job of cooling an area.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#17 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

If you are able to do it in your building you should try one of the wall mounted Mitsubushi slimline AC machines. They do a great job of cooling an area.

I'd love to put a ductless mini split system in, but there's nowhere to mount the condensing unit outside.

#18 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

I'd love to put a ductless mini split system in, but there's nowhere to mount the evaporator outside.

Is there a way to add cream and salt to the system so you could cool your house while making tasty ice cream?
"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#19 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Is there a way to add cream and salt to the system so you could cool your house while making tasty ice cream?

No.

#20 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:35 PM

I used to be able to find Lime Sherbet made by Island Farms, but now I can't find it in the stores. Anybody seen some? 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users