Free WiFi for patients and visitors is coming to the following hospitals on September 6th:
- Victoria General Hospital
- Royal Jubilee Hospital (Victoria)
- Saanich Peninsula Hospital (Victoria)
- Lady Minto / Gulf Islands Hospital (Saltspring Island)
- Cowichan District Hospital (Duncan)
- West Coast General Hospital (Port Alberni)
My sister was in Cowichan hospital in Duncan with her terminal illness and the only thing that allowed her some satisfaction was being able pass the time watching videos and movies on her iPhone. We paid a lot for that access but it was worth it to us because it helped her get through some very unpleasant medical experiences. For my periodical day-long outpatient visits to RJH, I've just been loading up articles to read on my chromebook, conveniently using the Pocket app, but having some internet access during the stays will be a bit better.