• Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#3882 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,688 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:19 AM

Haha!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3883 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

Something seems to be going into Blanchard Court where the furniture store used to be. Was at the Timmies there over the weekend and the place was being gutted.

if it's the place i think it is.. (in the same complex as the timmys) it's going to be a trampoline park, they set up a facebook group months ago https://www.facebook...GetAirVictoria/

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#3884 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:14 AM

^Yep that's the place. Underwhelmed.
  • Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3885 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

Despite the Get Air Victoria trampoline place indicating they are coming to 2608 Blanshard Street on their Facebook page, the property manager for the strip mall wrote VV to say they were not moving there nor anywhere on that property.

I'm waiting to hear back from them so that they can clarify, as clearly there's misinformation out there (either from the tenant or the landlord).

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3886 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

File_007 (8).jpeg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3887 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,918 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:33 AM

Re: American Apparel

Perhaps they were trying to allow in clothing from one of Trump's banned countries.

#3888 Mr.B

Mr.B
  • 139 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:07 AM

Perhaps they were trying to allow in clothing from one of Trump's banned countries.

American Apparel's product was all actually made in the US.  The company has gone bankrupt.  Gildan (a Canadian company) has purchased the companies intellectual property and equipment... its 200 stores (110 in the US) are still for sale though.  24 years selling basically t-shirts... not bad at all.

#3889 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,918 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

American Apparel's product was all actually made in the US.  The company has gone bankrupt...

So much for bring jobs back to the USA.

#3890 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:29 AM

I like the concept of clothes made in the USA. In fact, most of the clothes I buy are made in the US or Canada. But I never really liked American Apparel. I bought a few basics there when I was younger and skinny, and even then I felt out of place because I was never "hip." But the last time I went there (maybe a year ago), there was nothing that would fit me. I was (okay, still a bit am) overweight, but I could still find clothes that fit in most stores. I walked into American Apparel and felt like a whale swimming in a tank of minnows.

I don't think this should be taken as a sign that making clothes in the USA is bad for business. I think it's a sign that making gold spandex tights and pants with see-through crotches is bad for business.

• Matt R. likes this

#3891 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:35 AM

Now they have tight black spamdex pants with see through legs and other areas that new fad seems to be taking off

#3892 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Toronto-based Canada Goose, which began in 1957 out of a small warehouse under the name Metro Sportswear Ltd., made its public debut on the Toronto and New York stock markets with an offering of 20 million shares.

The shares, trading under the symbol GOOS, had an IPO price of $17 but rocketed at the open to $23.86 on the Toronto Stock Exchange and US$18 on the New York Stock Exchange.

As of 1:30 p.m. ET, the shares (TSX:GOOS) were $21.83 in Toronto and US$16.38 in New York.

Of the 20 million subordinate-voting shares offered in the IPO, 12.85 million shares came from existing shareholders who will hold 79 to 81 per cent of the company after the sale, depending on whether underwriters exercise an over-allotment option.

The company recently opened two retail stores in Toronto and New York and its products can be found in 36 countries.

Reiss said Canada Goose plans on opening 15 to 20 more stores worldwide in the next three years, as part of an expansion plan that will see it grow in countries like China.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.vsY6UioX.dpuf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3893 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

So much for bring jobs back to the USA.

Exactly, it failed because North American businesses face hardships when competing with less costlier jurisdictions.

Know it all.

#3894 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,918 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Exactly, it failed because North American businesses face hardships when competing with less costlier jurisdictions.

So how is Mr. Trump going to make this work?

#3895 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:29 PM

American Apparel failed because the head dude was a flake and their clothing was overly sexualized and did not appeal to customers. 

• FirstTimeHomeCrier likes this

#3896 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,688 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

So the folks responsible for leasing the strip mall that the trampoline park said they were moving in to have definitively stated that there is "zero chance" of Get Air Victoria moving into their premises.

How odd, that Get Air Victoria cites them as their future location, and even as early as the 13th of this month(!) stated:

"Hi Clay, we don't have an official opening date, but once we do, we'll make sure to update our Facebook page! It takes quite a while to build a trampoline park, so thanks for being patient with us! -MD"

...when asked about their opening date. So bizarre.

Know it all.

#3897 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:40 PM

^ So did you ask them what was going in?
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#3898 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:49 PM

There are tons of Get Air parks throughout North America and they seem to go into two kinds of buildings: large warehouse/showrooms like Jordan's or multiple adjacent strip mall storefronts gutted and rebuilt into a large space with minimal pillars. I think it's a franchise.

#3899 Jason-L

Jason-L
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:57 PM

American Apparel failed because the head dude was a flake and their clothing was overly sexualized and did not appeal to customers. 

The Guardian has a pretty good article about the failure...

"It wasn't having oral sex with an employee in front of a female journalist that now threatens to undo Dov Charney, founder of American Apparel. Nor was it simulating oral sex with another female member of staff whom he had ordered to pretend to masturbate in front of him. The 41-year-old's professional and personal reputation isn't even on the line because at least three female employees have filed sexual harassment lawsuits against him (all the cases were settled before reaching trial); nor because he walks through his factory in his underpants and conducts meetings wearing just a thong – or a sock. The sock is not, one should add, worn on his foot.

Instead, the fashion empire of this maverick Canadian entrepreneur – who apparently relishes his reputation as a pervert and a libertine – has gone from being the coolest company on the block when it arrived in Britain in 2004 to the brink of bankruptcy because its auditor, Deloitte & Touche, resigned last month after discovering "material weaknesses" in the financial controls of the clothing company dating back to last year."

#3900 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:04 PM

What a freak.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users