VibrantVictoria

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#201 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 22 January 2020 - 08:52 AM

I am sure you are all getting sick of my return to VV.

Om a serious note, it is good to be back on VV

Still owe me a beer ;):cheers:

#202 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 22 January 2020 - 09:06 AM

Still owe me a beer ;):cheers:

Right, how about over this weekend?   

• Rob Randall likes this

#203 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 04 March 2020 - 02:30 PM

As of today I have been a member of the this forum for 12 years............   Not sure how I feel about that

• Mike K., Nparker, lanforod and 1 other like this

#204 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Well I was going to type something smart-ass about you having nothing better to do, getting out of the house more often etc.,....then I noticed I have also been a member for twelve years this May. Apparently I also need to get out of the house more often....in the meantime here's to you, old-timer.... :cheers:

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#205 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 04 March 2020 - 06:51 PM

Thought I would point out that both you guys have a very equal number of posts...so yeah, pot calling the kettle black...while I go check when I joined...8 years ago, so I am safe being so snarky.... :)

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#206 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,536 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:43 AM

Crazy, isn't it? The forum was first launched circa 2003, I think, but it didn't become VV until 2006. So 14 years ago this spring! Even Citified is turning five in June  :banana:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#207 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 05 March 2020 - 09:56 AM

Well I was going to type something smart-ass about you having nothing better to do, getting out of the house more often etc.,....then I noticed I have also been a member for twelve years this May. Apparently I also need to get out of the house more often....in the meantime here's to you, old-timer.... :cheers:

I hear you, shocking how much time and posts I have been on this forum.   This is the internet, few things last this long

#208 Danma

Danma
  • 889 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

Dear god, I've been here for eight years myself! Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

#209 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:20 PM

^ That’s good. I had to look at my own profile to see I’ve been at this for 11 years. Jesus!

If I’d have known I was going to live this long....I would have taken better care of myself.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
  • Mike K., Bernard, sebberry and 2 others like this

#210 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,536 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:22 PM

Yikes, lol.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#211 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,508 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 March 2020 - 05:25 PM

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.

:redface:

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#212 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 07:45 PM

I have been a member since 2006, and have found it very interesting and informative forum. Thanks Mike.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#213 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

I hear you, shocking how much time and posts I have been on this forum.   This is the internet, few things last this long

True, being a die-hardvHabs fan since age 5 and remembering to this day the first time I saw them on TV - in color - in a game against Boston in 1965, I naturally gravitated to one of the largest Montreal Canadiens fan forum message boards in the 90's and posted there often.

Over time it went through many upgrades and ownership changes. As the web matured however and new ways of mass communicating like texting and messaging emerged, many old-style message boards like that one ultimately died.

That Habs board went from thousands of members worldwide with a few thousand actively posting daily, to a few thousand members and hundreds posting, to hundreds of members and perhaps a few dozen active members posting by the end. Most of those old fan message boards with well known sporting brands like Fan Forum and Scout, are long gone.

One of the longest lived and most influential NHL-Habs boards went through multiple iterations, is now known as Forum Ice, and last I checked out of 32 teams in the league only Montreal, Toronto and of all teams, Carolina, have active posters now in 2020. 

Amazing really that VV continues to survive and even thrive.

#214 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 05 March 2020 - 10:28 PM

I hear you, some good forums that evolved out of listservs died. Forums like this have a much better sense of community than all the newer social media.
  • Matt R. likes this

#215 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 16 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

Given the spread of threads infected with COVID-19 I think for the time being VV should be renamed PV - Pandemic Victoria or VP - Vibrant Pandemic?

Edited by Bernard, 16 March 2020 - 08:32 AM.

• Nparker, Cats4Hire and Victoria Watcher like this

#216 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:28 AM

I think for the time being VV should be renamed PV - Pandemic Victoria

Or Panic Victoria.

• Bernard likes this

#217 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,730 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:43 AM

Perhaps the moderators could attach a Mr. Yuk face to each of the threads as they become infected as a warning for the rest of us to steer clear.

Mr. Yuk.png

• Bernard and AllseeingEye like this

#218 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,601 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:54 AM

Given the spread of threads infected with COVID-19 I think for the time being VV should be renamed PV - Pandemic Victoria or VP - Vibrant Pandemic?

Vibrant Virus??

• Bernard likes this

#219 m3m

m3m
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:12 AM

Covibrant-19

• Nparker, Bernard and Victoria Watcher like this

#220 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 10:37 AM

This thread was infected by you, showing that even people who appear asymptomatic can spread it...

• Bernard, Cats4Hire and Victoria Watcher like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users