Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

Il Posto is pretty damn good Pizza too.

#82 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:57 AM

I agree with everything except the Joint and Prima Strada.

#83 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

I haven't tried a lot of the places mentioned above yet, but I mostly stick to Ali Baba. I like the menu options, it's not greasy at all, lots of cheese and meat, and I've had great customer service that's kept me loyal (ie, after ordering once, the guy called me back and told me about better deals I could get for the same price).

Overall though, ordering a pizza in this city is so bloody expensive I try to limit myself to once or twice a year.

#84 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Anyone else tried the new storefront for Oregano's in the Shelbourne Plaza?

We grabbed two slices and it was pretty darn tasty for already cooked, ready to go pizza. Any ideas on what to order made-to-order for a good idea of their taste and quality?

#85 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

The one in Fairfield is the best NA style in Vic imo.

#86 larrobb

larrobb
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

the sign at Shelbourne Plaza says Oreganos opens at 7:30am....do they do breakfast? no mention of anything besides the usual pizza fare in their take away pamphlet.

#87 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

I noticed a new pizza place at the corner of fort and davie last night. They took over the space of a previous pizza joint, Little Italy 2 for 1 pizza.
Pizza On Fort - Fresh House Made Pizza & Pasta in Victoria BC Canada

#88 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Papa Murphies Take N Bake is pretty good also. Not sure about Cedar X as I always go out to Langford after a Costco trip. The Chicago style stuffed is fantastic.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#89 weirdie

weirdie
  • 497 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:27 PM

I can't say enough about Cosmos Pizza- Serving Victoria, British Columbia Canada since 1996. The pizza is always great and their delivery is super fast. They always say 40 minutes and it usually arrives 15-20 minutes later. You would think that pumping out pizzas that fast would lessen the quality but it definitely doesn't.

#90 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,401 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

+1 for Cosmos. Consistently good and always fast. :thumbsup:

#91 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

The friendly pizza guy in the Tillicum Mall has good product, next to the A&W.

#92 jaylow

jaylow
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

I usually order from cosmos, as it is 5 minute walk from my apartment, but thought i would try a new place withpizza on fort. I would say it is no better, no worse than cosmos. Prices might be slightly better, but then i have to drive there or get delivery.

#93 drt

drt
  • 128 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Has anyone ordered from Pizza Zone lately? They've switch to Beer and More to your Door for delivery, which charges $5 minimum on an order. Just a large, three topping pizza came to $35 last time I ordered. Seemed way too expensive to me.

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

Has anyone ordered from Pizza Zone lately? They've switch to Beer and More to your Door for delivery, which charges $5 minimum on an order. Just a large, three topping pizza came to $35 last time I ordered. Seemed way too expensive to me.

Beer + pizza delivery in one seems ok. They are also connected with the Turning Heads Head Shop, so they can bring a bong too.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#95 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:18 PM

Jon Pulker’s pizza trailer is now open on salt spring island in the food court area on Rainbow Road. He’s been around the block a few times but is passionate about wood fired pizza - he was opening chef at Prima Strada way back when and has plenty of experience in Victoria and points east.

He still makes the best Neapolitan style I’ve ever had.

Website is coming but they seem to be pretty active on FB while they work out the kinks.

https://www.truelovepizza.com/

Matt.
  • rjag, todd and JohnsonStBridge like this

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:27 PM

In a climate crisis?
  • Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#97 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:58 PM

Don’t worry, it’s all arbutus.

Matt.
  • Mike K. likes this

#98 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 07:21 AM

Definitely worth a day trip. Pulker is a master of his craft. How do the little islanders feel about visitors from the big island these days?

#99 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 06:37 PM

I’m ok with it. Some of them don’t like them ever so that’s not gonna change.

The complainers seem to be ok with going to Duncan or nanaimo or Victoria to shop, of course.

He’s probably still selling out every day. He said he did 6 dozen dough balls yesterday and all gone by just past six pm. He’ll be pushing more like 100 a day pretty soon.

He’s really good at making pizza.

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 20 March 2021 - 06:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users