Photo

The CPR Steamship Terminal on Belleville Street

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#121 jonny

jonny
  • 8,630 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

This downtown-to-downtown ferry is going to take somewhere around 3-3.5 hours. All told, that's easily time competitive with taking BCF. If the ferry is comfortable and you can grab a decent meal, I think it could work. 

#122 tedward

tedward
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

... I have opted for the PCL mostly due to the luggage handling situation.

True enough. I would not want to take luggage on Translink so perhaps there is a place for the PCL which also drops offat more locations than the new ferry service will (for a higher cost).

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#123 LJ

LJ
  • 8,587 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

True enough. I would not want to take luggage on Translink so perhaps there is a place for the PCL which also drops offat more locations than the new ferry service will (for a higher cost).

Yeah I'm with nparker on this, we left on Sunday for a river cruise and there is no way I would use Translink to get me to the airport.

In Prague right now, long trip but what a beautiful city.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#124 todd

todd
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

Yeah I'm with nparker on this, we left on Sunday for a river cruise and there is no way I would use Translink to get me to the airport.

In Prague right now, long trip but what a beautiful city.

I hope you and nparker have a excellent time on your river cruise together, it's good to relax

• gumgum likes this

#125 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 45,363 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:08 PM

Mike, you must not have tried Helijet, which beats Harbour Air hands down. It's quieter, smoother, funkier, and doesn't have that stink of the fuel the float planes.

You're right, I've never tried Helijet. The price has always been much higher and getting to and from their helipad would require a cab ride in both directions. I can walk to Harbour Air, Helijet is just a bit too far for my liking.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#126 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:16 PM

Mike, you must not have tried Helijet, which beats Harbour Air hands down. It's quieter, smoother, funkier, and doesn't have that stink of the fuel the float planes use.

I think the opposite.  I prefer HA to Helijet.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#127 todd

todd
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

21586208806_a4f652c8a0_o.pnghttp://princeofwhale...victoria-tours/

#128 Old Esquimalt

Old Esquimalt
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:06 PM

Perhaps something like the old overnight CPR boats would be best.  You board after dinner, go to bed and wake up in the morning at your destination.  Of course the CPR had other sources of revenue to balance shortfalls in any one area of their complete package of services. 

Hovercraft landing near Ogden Point is probably the best option for speed, weather immunity and cost.

#129 attica

attica
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:10 AM

Perhaps something like the old overnight CPR boats would be best.  You board after dinner, go to bed and wake up in the morning at your destination.  Of course the CPR had other sources of revenue to balance shortfalls in any one area of their complete package of services. 

Hovercraft landing near Ogden Point is probably the best option for speed, weather immunity and cost.

I have no idea how practical/impractical a hovercraft would be.... but it would be awesome either way just to say "taking the hovercraft to Vancouver for the weekend"

#130 tedward

tedward
  • 1,773 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

SAILING NOTICE: 9:00 AM DEPARTURE DELAYED - THE HOVERCRAFT IS FULL OF EELS.

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#131 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 4,448 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:15 PM

540 tons & can fly 400mph... problem solved :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.