• Please log in to reply
1044 replies to this topic

#1041 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,554 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:57 AM

Amazing! Thanks for that.

We just had a very late birth in the ‘hood. A fawn has shown up and looks about a quarter of the size of this year’s offspring.

As much as I hate them messing around on my lawn I love the little critters. I can sympathize with those who are not in favour of a cull.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1042 todd

todd
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:36 PM

That's it I'm going to the butcher shop for some venison steaks.

#1043 todd

todd
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

Amazing! Thanks for that.

We just had a very late birth in the ‘hood. A fawn has shown up and looks about a quarter of the size of this year’s offspring.

As much as I hate them messing around on my lawn I love the little critters. I can sympathize with those who are not in favour of a cull.

Yeah my uncle had a pet rat thought it cute.

#1044 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:36 AM

The dogs’ owners were able to corral the four dogs after several minutes, but by then the damage to the deer had been done. The video shows the deer lying in a sand trap in obvious pain.

As for the pack mentality, Pauwels says many dog owners don’t understand their pet’s instinctive drive to hunt.

“It gets magnified when they’re in a pack and a chase gets going and the animal runs away. They become like a wolf pack and dogs can act completely out of character and people just simply won’t believe it’s their dog that’s doing that. And when we can prove it by photographs they’re astonished.”

If the dogs’ owners are charged, fines can range anywhere from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, depending on their cooperation.

https://vancouverisl...ourse-1.4628397

that seems like an odd way to set fines.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 October 2019 - 05:39 AM.

#1045 todd

todd
  • 6,403 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:03 AM

That’s not my dog it’s a wolf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users