BUILT
Paradise Falls, phase 1
Uses: subdivision, townhome
Address: Bombardier Crescent
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The first phase of Paradise Falls, released in 2014, consists of 13 townhomes, six smallFootprint homes™ and... (view full profile)
Learn more about Paradise Falls, phase 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Westhills | 5,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#121 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:48 PM

That has to be the finest Aquatic Centre on the Island.

That's what we thought too. It seems in the last year or so that Westhills has really raised their game. Their house designs seem more well thought out (they certainly look better) and their interiors seem far more sophisticated than what they offered in the entry level homes they have done in the past. 

This new Lakepoint area seems the ideal compliment to the overall development and the YMCA et al is a great first step. We will be interested in following its development. Hopefully if they are putting condominiums in there they will be better than the Langford rental look that others pass off a condominiums (ie Utopia)

#122 SamCB

SamCB
  • 665 posts
  • Locationvictoria

Posted 27 April 2016 - 04:56 AM

Have to agree - Westhills is emerging as the prime neighbourhood in the western communities. Amenity-rich area (two lakes, bowling, multiple kids parks, YMCA, schools, new shopping area) and the houses are getting nicer and nicer. It's too bad the lots are so packed in.

If I were considering buying in Langford I would be looking at the older houses near Glen Lake (Shoreview Dr for example). You get all the amenities of Westhills with a lot that's significantly cheaper and 3x bigger. But then again most people aren't buying Langford for a 1970s house - they want new.

#123 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

That's what we thought too. It seems in the last year or so that Westhills has really raised their game. Their house designs seem more well thought out (they certainly look better) and their interiors seem far more sophisticated than what they offered in the entry level homes they have done in the past. 

This new Lakepoint area seems the ideal compliment to the overall development and the YMCA et al is a great first step. We will be interested in following its development. Hopefully if they are putting condominiums in there they will be better than the Langford rental look that others pass off a condominiums (ie Utopia)

And once the new parkway is opened and the E&N is running right next door, transportation to and from the area will be much improved.

#124 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

Is this a new website?

http://livinglakepoint.com/

CllpVjiVEAAzJtP.jpg

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#125 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,789 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:54 PM

Is this a new website?

Who wants to bet the highrise suggested in the background never comes to pass? 

#126 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

Is this a new website?

CllpVjiVEAAzJtP.jpg

We registered with them a while ago and got an email from them last week saying that they were opening their phone lines at 6:00 am last Tuesday morning to start fielding calls. They only gave their Registrants access to the their new website via a Password so only the Registrants know what they are offering. Even now you cant get on it unless you are registered.

They seem to treat this VIP/Registrant thing fairly seriously. Great looking building tho!

#127 2F2R

2F2R
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

Who wants to bet the highrise suggested in the background never comes to pass?

What are the odds ...

#128 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:45 AM

We registered with them a while ago and got an email from them last week saying that they were opening their phone lines at 6:00 am last Tuesday morning to start fielding calls. They only gave their Registrants access to the their new website via a Password so only the Registrants know what they are offering. Even now you cant get on it unless you are registered.

They seem to treat this VIP/Registrant thing fairly seriously. Great looking building tho!

You get the gimmick though, right?

You fear that competition for the best suites will get too intense when they let "outsiders" see them, so you buy early.

Hey, might work out for both of you.

But be clear on why they do it. To put you in a certain emotional state.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#129 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,569 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

Does the Westshore elicit that much demand for condos?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#130 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

Is this a new website?

CllpVjiVEAAzJtP.jpg

I would like about 50 more low rise buildings like this to go up around the core.

#131 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Does the Westshore elicit that much demand for condos?

You gotta figure it must have some appeal.  

#132 insanelydeadlydisease

insanelydeadlydisease
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

The other condo in westhills sold out fairly quickly. By that I mean in a few months but that was during the flat market essentially. Should be interesting to see how this one goes. 

#133 Diego

Diego
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:23 AM

Anyone have updates on how sales are going for the new Lakepoint One condos? 

#134 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

Looks like the just started sales 6 days ago and with this weather can't see too many people flocking to scoop up pre-sales but I'll give them a call in the next few days to see.  Just prusing their website and they have some studio/one bedroom setups starting at $199,900 -> http://livinglakepoint.com/

I see they have a car charging station.......will be interest in all of these new buildings with one car charging station what happens when two residence get an electric car :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#135 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

They have a car wash station, a dog wash station... kayak and bike storage.

Almost sounds like they don't mind people having a life there.
  • jonny likes this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#136 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

They have a car wash station, a dog wash station... kayak and bike storage.

Almost sounds like they don't mind people having a life there.

I lived at the Bayview for three years and we had a car washing station in the parkade, just didn't seem that enjoyable washing a car underground.  

btw, am I the only one that can't stand these new website designs?  Soo much scrolling!

• sebberry likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#137 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

I'd prefer underground washing, or at least covered. Washing in the sun dries it faster leaving watersports. If you're waxing or applying other sealants you want the paint to be fairly cool.

Washing a dog is another story.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#138 Diego

Diego
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

A designated kayak storage?? It seems to draw a westshore crowd away from buying a house you'd have to offer a few more amenities than we normally see in the Vic area.

They've definitely done a good job of marketing - not sure about that VIP registration though

#139 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

I lived at the Bayview for three years and we had a car washing station in the parkade, just didn't seem that enjoyable washing a car underground.  

btw, am I the only one that can't stand these new website designs?  Soo much scrolling!

What would you rather have?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#140 LJ

LJ
  • 12,747 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:50 PM

Nothing is for sale yet. You can fill out an expression of interest form but it will be a couple of weeks until a disclosure statement is out.

I expect there will be multiple expressions of interest in every unit.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users