BUILT
Paradise Falls, phase 1
Uses: subdivision, townhome
Address: Bombardier Crescent
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The first phase of Paradise Falls, released in 2014, consists of 13 townhomes, six smallFootprint homes™ and... (view full profile)
Learn more about Paradise Falls, phase 1 on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Westhills | 5,000 homes | U/C

• Please log in to reply
261 replies to this topic

#141 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

How many units are in that building, and how tall is it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#142 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:02 PM

44 units over 4 floors, but they start on level 3.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#143 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Thank you. What are the first and second floors comprised of? Retail on the ground, offices on the second?

And I assume it's a woodframe building?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#144 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

No retail, all office space. Lakepoint wants to take over the majority of the office space itself.

#145 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:30 PM

Got it. Thanks!

Know it all.

#146 Diego

Diego
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:58 AM

Anybody have any updates on how sales are coming along?

#147 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:45 PM

Anybody have any updates on how sales are coming along?

If you are talking about Lakepoint, there are no sales yet.

#148 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

Lakepoint had more than 200 expressions of interest on the condo's, about 70% of the condo's are now sold. 

• 2F2R likes this

#149 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 09:39 PM

I have been following Westhills for a while now and am more and more impressed. They have really improved their product and their overall "feel". I thought at first it was going to be like Kettle Creek or maybe the Happy Valley corridor look and feel but they seem much more sophisticated now in the last year or so. I wonder what has changed with them?

#150 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:44 PM

Perhaps the head of real-estate at Bear Mountain coming over to Westhills made the difference?

Know it all.

#151 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 October 2016 - 01:14 PM

I have been following Westhills for a while now and am more and more impressed. They have really improved their product and their overall "feel". I thought at first it was going to be like Kettle Creek or maybe the Happy Valley corridor look and feel but they seem much more sophisticated now in the last year or so. I wonder what has changed with them?

Competition such as Royal Bay has probably forced them to step up their game.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#152 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:31 AM

Perhaps the head of real-estate at Bear Mountain coming over to Westhills made the difference?

I think that you are probably right. Despite the many failings of Bear Mountain, sales and particularly the marketing was never one of them. Bear Mountain was always first class when it came to selling their image. If Marko is right as well (which I think he is ) then Westhills were very wise in hiring the former sales and marketing guy for Bear Mountain to upgrade their product and their image and fend off others. I think Westhills is now transcending its West Shore image and becoming a major real estate player on Vancouver Island.

#153 victoriassecret

victoriassecret
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:09 PM

Looks like they've started selling higher end homes : http://westhillsbc.c...ve-class-homes/ . Pretty low on the details in terms of lot sizes. Prices top out at ~900k for a 3500 sq ft house which to me seems steep.

#154 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 10:06 PM

My dog pees in what will soon be the back yards of those executive class houses or whatever name they have. Small lots. They do overlook protected forest land but are also right next to West Shore Parkway which I feel like is going to be a loud road, and that trail I basically have to myself now which runs behind their houses I strongly suspect will get really busy. Seems a bit excessive for pricing.

#155 rambaldi

rambaldi
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Looking 15-20 years out, who would be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all the retaining walls popping up in those new Westshore developments like this one separating backyards in Westhills

westhills.jpg

or this one?

GlenHeights-April-19-2012.jpg

#156 LJ

LJ
  • 12,746 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

They will only need maintenance if an earthquake dislodges them. If they are well built, and most I have seen are, they will last for a long long time.

#157 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,510 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Whoever's property they're on, I would assume. 

lines.JPG

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#158 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:25 PM

I thought the owner who’s dirt is being held by the wall is responsible? But as LJ mentioned these walls aren't going anywhere.  I think anything over 6' has to be professionally engineered.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#159 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Last time I went to Bear Mountain one of those massive boulders got loose and went for a run down a couple of streets below.  Amazing there was no property damage.  I'm not convinced they're totally Kosher and I wouldn't want to live below one of these "walls".

#160 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

Oh man, have you guys seen the massive wall at that subdivision near Shawnigan Lake? Good god...

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users