Photo

Victoria Real-Estate Board statistics

• Please log in to reply
2697 replies to this topic

#2241 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:45 AM

Problem is people lie, I've seen it first hand. Really shitty people can write amazing letters about their "young family." 

As the seller even if you don't need the money, your kids don't need the money, no one in your family needs the money my suggestion is sell it for absolute top dollar and then donate the additional funds to people in need. I find it interesting when people write letters pitching their young family on the purchase of a $1.5 million dollar home. Appealing to emotion when you need food on the table, sure, but $1.5 million homes....common. 

I didn't ever say I was going to try to sell it to a family for less money. My house will certainly be bought by a developer consolidating property.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#2242 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:56 AM

Oh man, get ready to negotiate!

Those guys play the long game if they have to.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2243 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 08:58 AM

Great suggestion… that way the realtor still gets absolute maximum commission, even if the sellers prime motivation isnt money.

Lol.

#2244 punk cannonballer

punk cannonballer
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 09:19 AM

I'm one lot in from Foul Bay on the Victoria side, closer to Oak Bay Ave. I would think that given the 10-15 year horizon we have it's almost certain that the block get absorbed by apartment development. 

#2245 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:06 PM

Great suggestion… that way the realtor still gets absolute maximum commission, even if the sellers prime motivation isnt money.

As an agent I could care less about the final purchase price. The certainty of the deal is far more important. Whether the sale price is $1 million or $1,050,000 is almost irrelevant given how large the real estate commissions are. I've honestly never thought about the fact one offer is x amount higher than the other one and how is relates to my commission. In the last 30 days I've had deals from $200,000 to $2,150,000. It's more of a matter of pump out as much as you can and see where the chips fall.

Secondly, I have 1000 transactions I've been involved in my 12 years in real estate, and I've honestly only seen a seller take an INFERIOR offer ONCE (sold to tenants that had been there for 7 years for 20k less than highest/best offer). 

The reason I say inferior in caps is yes MANY times I've seen the seller take LESS than the highest offer, but they always took the best offer in their mind. I'll give you just one example out of many.

Seller has already bought a place a needs to sell asap. They receive an unconditional offer of $1,000,000 and a 7 business day conditional offer of $1,050,000. They take the unconditional offer because they want certainty. Listing agents calls back successful buyers’ agent and says "congrats, my sellers absolutely loved your clients' letter and even thought we had a substantially higher offer we took yours, my clients are so excited that it is going to a young family." That young family tells all their family/friends/co-workers how they got the house for less than the highest offer, but they don't know that their offer was the BEST to the sellers. 

I've also worked with so so many buyers over the years to verify that money talks. I remember spring of 2017 an original owner home comes up in Broadmead. Sellers had lived there for 30 years and raised their family. My clients were a young family of four, we put in a letter and offer $980,000 unconditional with the exact dates the sellers want. Property sells to an out-of-town investor for $985,000 and is on craigslist up for rent shortly after completion. All things were equal (unconditional, dates, etc.) and when all things are equal people always go for money. 

In my opinion, it kind of makes sense. The seller has to buy something on the other end and no one is giving a deal or they have kids who have been priced out of the market and need assistance, etc. 

Edited by MarkoJ, 25 January 2022 - 03:15 PM.

• Mike K. and davidN like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2246 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 25 January 2022 - 04:01 PM

Everyone is a capitalist in the end.

#2247 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 January 2022 - 09:38 AM

Even with another 30ish sales today will be well below last year. 

download.png

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#2248 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 February 2022 - 07:46 AM

download.png

#2249 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 01 February 2022 - 11:58 AM

A bit more than half the listing of last year. Should be interesting.

#2250 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 01 February 2022 - 02:32 PM

Victoria’s $1.41 million record average house price delivers pivotal market shift in January as condos outsell SFDs

https://victoria.cit...s-outsell-sfds/

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2251 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 February 2022 - 10:02 AM

download.png

• Nparker likes this

#2252 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 12:06 PM

You might say that we are a bit short on inventory.

• Nparker likes this

#2253 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 February 2022 - 08:39 AM

download.png

#2254 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:58 AM

download.png

#2255 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 09:11 AM

How’s the mood out there, Marko?

Know it all.

#2256 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 09:29 AM

Holy **** 832 active listings! Has inventory ever been this low, relative to the number of units in the region?

#2257 Barrrister

Barrrister
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 11:00 AM

Three mile point has three SFH listings while Rockland has four. Dont look at the asking prices.

• Nparker likes this

#2258 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 11:02 AM

What's Three Mile Point?

Know it all.

#2259 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 11:12 AM

3/10 of the way to 10 Mile obviously.
  • Nparker and Matt R. like this

#2260 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,539 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 11:31 AM

Or it's the Songhees First Nations reserve.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users