BUILT
The Janion
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: Store Street at Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 7
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 2BR)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
The Janion development includes the full heritage restoration of the historic Janion Hotel, built in 1891, and... (view full profile)
Learn more about the Janion on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Janion Building redevelopment | 7-storeys | Built/renovated - completed in 2016

Condo Commercial

• Please log in to reply
2679 replies to this topic

#1681 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

I like the hallway carpet, looks classy!

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#1682 Janionian

Janionian
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

I'm also surprised by the lack of interior photos after walk-throughs.  Thank you to those who have done so.

These are photos from a couple of floors in the new building.   We've already seen how wide the heritage hallways is, which is impressive with it's skylight.  The new building hallways are still roomy and feature directional lighting over each unit number.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Oh wow! I wish there were more pics like these! I love seeing the interior. As an owner, it sucks not knowing how things are progressing. I wish I had a contact with one of the craft persons working on the building.

• Janion Fan likes this

#1683 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:52 AM

So happy to see those wide hallways! I was hoping to get a 90" sofa in but didn't think I'd manage but, now, it might just be possible! The deep baseboards are also a nice and generous touch. This whole project is an exercise in generosity, from a design and build angle, IMO. Yes, just call me Fanion!

Edited by Janion Fan, 04 November 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#1684 sugarsquirrel

sugarsquirrel
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:05 AM

GOPR0664.JPGI got to see my unit today! I'm a little disappointed with the window/wall/shelf placement (it looks like a mistake), but otherwise really pleased. Pics: http://imgur.com/gallery/1dhNw

Janionian, do you have a dishwasher? The drawers next to the stove look too small to fit one, so I'm really curious how that's being dealt with.

#1685 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:21 AM

I'll jump in and offer a reply.  The dishwashers are compact single-drawer style, so they will be in the bottom drawer to the right or left of the sink, similar to this:

Dishwasher.jpg

#1686 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:00 AM

Seberry, it looks like it's time for a "paper clip" lecture for the freshman Janion class.   :teacher:

Ok, I'll substitute today.  When you quote a post that contains an image, if you see a little black paper clip icon next to the filename like in the pic below - delete it.

Paperclip.png

Edited by Gary H, 04 November 2016 - 10:26 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#1687 sugarsquirrel

sugarsquirrel
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:34 AM

Did my walkthrough today; it is very small, but I think I'll be quite happy there!

http://imgur.com/a/EQO7Z

• JanionGuy, Janion Fan and Prom2 like this

#1688 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Did my walkthrough today; it is very small, but I think I'll be quite happy there!

Good job on the photos, thanks for showing us your sweet suite. 

#1689 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,780 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

Did my walk-through today; it is very small, but I think I'll be quite happy there!...

For a squirrel it will seem quite spacious.  ;)

• Daveyboy likes this

#1690 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the tour SugarSquirrel! Guess you can always tuck a couple of cutting boards in that space beside the hood vent :o)  I'm looking forward to getting creative with our space, certainly. Now all's I need to do is get in and see it.

Anyone out there got some more walk-through pics of the new building, north-facing, micro suites? 

#1691 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

Thanks squirrel!  This building is going to win all kinds of awards, and bring good things to Reliance.

• Janion Fan likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1692 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,780 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:15 PM

The size of these units makes me think of the Janion as a sort of landlocked cruise ship. Perhaps that was the inspiration.

#1693 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:30 PM

I like that board-room thing.  If nobody books it, use it for a Glass House reality series!

https://en.wikipedia...2012_TV_series)

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#1694 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

cant see how the cabins there will appreciate in value...i mean how high can 400sq ft sell for there has to be a top limit and im guessing its there now?

#1695 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:08 PM

cant see how the cabins there will appreciate in value...i mean how high can 400sq ft sell for there has to be a top limit and im guessing its there now?

Well, as 94% of us purchased our units three years ago, I'd say the likelihood of appreciation over our purchase price is quite high. What that appreciation is and whether or not there's anywhere to go from here is something that only the market can dictate and, until there's some turnover in these units, your guess is as good as any.

It'll be interesting to see what the City assesses them at for property tax purposes.

Edited by Janion Fan, 04 November 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#1696 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:13 PM

Well, as 94% of us purchased our units three years ago, I'd say the likelihood of appreciation over our purchase price is quite high. What that appreciation is and whether or not there's anywhere to go from here is something that only the market can dictate and, until there's some turnover in these units, your guess is as good as any.

It'll be interesting to see what the City assesses them at for property tax purposes.

I'm sure we we see at least a couple on the market at completion.  I see there are still UsedVic ads from people looking to buy them.

#1697 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

I would easily peg most units as having appreciated by 35-50% since purchase in 2013.

The units that sold for $110k (or whatever starting prices were) are likely going to fetch $175k with their transient zoning, since an investor looking to rent it as a full-time rental or as a vacation rental will see a nearly similar return on a 300 sq. ft. studio in a brand new, centrally located urban flat purchased for $175k as he would on a brand new centrally located, 450 sq ft Jr. 1BR urban flat purchased for $260k.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1698 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

TODAY

IMG_5315.JPG

• Nparker, JanionGuy and Janion Fan like this

#1699 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,780 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

That is some of the best "trompe l'oeil" I have ever seen. 

• Janion Fan likes this

#1700 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 November 2016 - 10:20 PM

I would easily peg most units as having appreciated by 35-50% since purchase in 2013.

+1 in my opinion.

• JanionGuy likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users