Twitter | X Corp Inc.

• Please log in to reply
1859 replies to this topic

#1441 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:01 PM

I don’t believe it’s intentional. I will reserve agreement with you until after I have time to research the meaning of Strawman to see if it includes intention. If it does I take it all back 😁

#1442 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:08 PM

I’m just assuming comprehension and logic are prerequisites in constructive dialogue. Maybe I’m wrong.

One UX thing I dislike about the new X branding is everytime I click a link to a tweet and the webpage opens in safari (I don’t have the app), my brain instinctively wants to click the “X” logo in the top left corner of the page to close it after I’m done reading the tweet. It’s kinda weird having a logo & placement so closely match the “close this thing” icon.

#1443 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 22 September 2023 - 12:14 PM

The strawman is a logical fallacy. So it’s a classification of an illogical argument. But it’s an interesting notion about intent. I’m going to look into that idea later.

#1444 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 06:48 AM

The information war escalates! https://x.com/elonmu...QrcObpkhVXe97Jg

#1445 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 11:07 AM

Bruh. I was literally put into a Facebook timeout for sharing that exact video during the pandemic.

Glad to see it’s getting widely viewed now.

#1446 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 11:33 AM

Bruh. I was literally put into a Facebook timeout for sharing that exact video during the pandemic.

Glad to see it’s getting widely viewed now.

Haha. Facebook jail should have a special badge.

#1447 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:09 PM

Haha. Facebook jail should have a special badge.

It’s to the point where if a post has the “Fact Checked” warning I’m almost more likely to believe whatever it’s saying. All credibility is gone with these big tech wrongthink censors..
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#1448 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 12:32 PM

It’s to the point where if a post has the “Fact Checked” warning I’m almost more likely to believe whatever it’s saying. All credibility is gone with these big tech wrongthink censors..

Looks 'adjusted' though..  Dates are all over the place..  They could've done a better job making the dates change accordingly...

#1449 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 01:06 PM

Ya…. I tried explaining to you what 95% effective meant (1 out of 50,000 vs 2 out of 50,000) and you just argued back. The dates don’t matter. They lied without technically lying. That’s the point. “The science changed” is just Bonhoeffer’s principle at play. Let’s just face down what happened, apologize, throw a few useful idiots under the bus, vow to never do it again, and then move on.

Edited by dasmo, 26 September 2023 - 01:07 PM.

#1450 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 01:09 PM

Ya…. I tried explaining to you what 95% effective meant (1 out of 50,000 vs 2 out of 50,000) and you just argued back. The dates don’t matter. They lied without technically lying. That’s the point. “The science changed” is just Bonhoeffer’s principle at play. Let’s just face down what happened, apologize, through a few useful idiots under the bus, vow to never do it again, and then move on.

That has nothing to do with this.  I don't really care, and have never cared what the number is...  Just see that deaths went up substantially and now they are dropping.  I'd rather not get into it Dasmo..  no point.  Just aht little video the numbers look doctored up a bit.   Leave it at that.  You posted something I commented..  

#1451 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 02:50 PM

Oh now the numbers look doctored to you 😄
  • dasmo likes this

#1452 Ismo07

Ismo07
  • 5,697 posts

Posted 26 September 2023 - 02:59 PM

Oh now the numbers look doctored to you

Haha look at those and the dates.. find the corresponding articles.. Let's see... :)  Maybe they are all accurate headlines.  Ah I see, they are talking about after 6 and 9 months..  Didn't we actually know that?  I thought these were about at the beginning against the variants that meant something.

Edited by Ismo07, 26 September 2023 - 03:07 PM.

#1453 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 56,798 posts

Posted 28 September 2023 - 02:36 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.09.28-06_35_48.png

#1454 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 02 October 2023 - 05:38 PM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.10.02-21_37_43.png

#1455 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 02:25 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.10.08-06_23_16.png

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.10.08-06_26_00.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 October 2023 - 02:26 AM.

#1456 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 26 October 2023 - 07:08 PM

screenshot-twitter.com-2023.10.26-23_08_18.png

#1457 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 16,533 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 07:21 AM

A tail of two timelines

“Twitter takeover: 1 year later, X struggles with misinformation, advertising and usage decline.”
https://x.com/ctvnew...QrcObpkhVXe97Jg

#1458 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 07:23 AM

1 year since Elon Musk bought Twitter/ - Rebranded as . - Launched the beta of audio/video calling. - Improved the live streaming quality. - Launched Ad revenue share program for the creators. - Started paying the creators twice in a month. - Paid ~$20 million dollars to creators. - Creators have 10x since June. - Time spent on Communities increased by 300% - ~550 million monthly active users - ~500 million posts everyday - ~100 billion + impressions every day - 1.5 million sign ups everyday (up 4% from last year) - People are spending 14% more time on X - Ninety percent of the top 100 advertisers have returned to X - Video views 90% up as compared to last year. - Introduced recruitment / jobs feature for verified organizations. - Announced that full open source algorithm will go live soon. - Reached a new all-time high of user-seconds. - Improved ad experience - Increased group chat size to 200 people. - Launched Pro - Announced the retirement of Circles feature. - Lowered the eligibility threshold for ads revenue sharing from 15M to 5M - Rolling out vertical video ads for brands. - Rolled in pic-in-pic feature for videos on web. - Improved communities experience - Announced the removal of tweepcred system. - Added live streams on the top bar of the feed. - Improved live streaming & tested game streaming. - Launched the immersive video player. - Made the process of reporting a post easier. - Launched job cards under recruitment feature for verified business organizations. - Improved the UI by removing headings from the links - Announced the ability of group calling on - Renamed Blue to Premium - Announced the removal of block feature except for DMs. - Major upgrades to videos and media. - Announced that the company is close to break-even financially. - Secured money transmission license in multiple states for payments. - Introduced video downloads for verified users. - Testing not a bot program in New Zealand and the Philippines to fight bots - Added an ability to limit replies to verified users only - Launched expanded bios on the web - Made communities accessible in more countries - Added ID verification on web. - Added an ability to hide likes. - Added a tab for verified followers on user profiles. - Added an ability to accept dms from verified users only to prevent spam. - Introduced dm support for the ad customers. - Announced that will fund legal representation for users fired from their jobs for their activity. - Included posts from communities in for you feed. - Renamed notes feature to articles that will have no character limits. - Added highlights tab to the profiles. - Improved account analytics. - Linda Yaccarino joined as new CEO. - Elon Musk to continue working on product design & new technology. - Launched early version of encrypted dms. - Added an ability for community admins to spotlight their community in the profile. - Reduced child sexual abuse material by around 95% since the acquisition. - Introduced voice dms & tweets. - Introduced highlights tab on profiles. - 90% of the bot accounts are now deleted. - Introduced an ability to upload long videos. - Improved advertisement & brand safety. - Updated the auto-reply to their press email to "we will get back to you soon" - Introduced formatting for long form posts. - Extended the community notes availability to more countries. - Introduced individual reply to dms & custom emoji reactions. - Started recruiting. - Launched faster playback & mini player for videos. - Added an ability to allow dms from subs only. - Continued Ux/Ui improvements. - Added list search feature to web. - Reached 550 million+ total active users. - Released subscriptions for creators. - Open sourced the code for recommended tweets. - Removed legacy checkmarks. - Prioritized the verified accounts to fight spam & bots. - Added air play button for videos on iOS - Incorporated as X corp. - Added an ability to fast forward/rewind videos on . - Became the most downloaded & #1 news app in multiple countries. - Improved ad relevance. - All time low hate speech levels. - Removed child **rn. - Introduced rate limits to prevent data scraping. - Added fast forward/ backward feature to videos. - Launched subscriber only replies. - Launched spaces on web. - Added an ability to hide the blue checkmark. - Reduced scam accounts. - Most of top 100 advertisers have now returned to spending on ads. - Released new features in the shortest time period in X's history. - Improved engagements for advertisers. - Exposed truth via Twitter files. - Removed censorship. - Restored free speech. - Launched long form tweets. - Introduced Multiple organization affiliate badges. - Announced the discontinuity of Twitter circles feature. - Improved post analytics. - Community notes debunking propaganda & misstatements. - Introduced verified badges for organizations. - Tipping, Payments, ability to edit video clips within the app, new features for live streams, feature to gift X premium subscription, X video app for Smart TVs, Account status (ability to check if a user is shadow-banned and a reason for the same), Translation feature for videos, ability to rewind the live spaces, improved media tab on profiles, ability to sort posts and comments, semantic A.I. Search, ability to change price of subscriptions, global search for Jobs, similar posts, more x premium plans, live streaming via PS5/XBOX, Removal of Interaction counts from main timeline coming soon.

#1459 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 56,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 07:26 AM

From the article:

"We're still negative cash flow," he posted on the site on July 14, due to a about a "50% drop in advertising revenue plus heavy debt load."

"Need to reach positive cash flow before we have the luxury of anything else," he said.

But, much newer information:

X CEO Says the Platform Is on Track To Return a Profit in the New Year

https://www.socialme...-profit/695137/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 27 October 2023 - 07:26 AM.

#1460 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 85,768 posts

Posted 27 October 2023 - 07:27 AM

No more bots, either, as far as I can tell. Unlike Facebook, which is absolutely riddled with bot accounts.

X appears to have solved an unsolvable problem, in a couple of months.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users