Photo

[Vic West - Victoria] Bayview One condo | 35m | 11-storeys | Built - completed in Mar 2009

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#1 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 09:50 PM

Songhees Hilltop will have, 3 towers, 10 - 13-storeys; first phase a 10-storey condo tower.

Does anyone have a rendering or a photo of the model for this?

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

No, no renderings have been release yet. Word on the street is Bayview went through several architects even after finalizing previous designs.

It's strange that so little info has actually made it into the public realm at this time.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:14 AM

I noticed yesterday that the Bayview publicity vehicle is buzzing around town. I didn't recognize the manufacturer but the rear of the vehicle had "Electric Car" written on the back.

It looks sort of like a small version of a VW bug and is on Bayview's adverts for their upcoming project.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

^Interesting considering Reflections in Langford has the Reflections Hummer!
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

Crane is almost complete!

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:24 PM

Here's an old model/rendering from at least a year ago:

#7 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:45 AM

The second crane is now going up.

The design has changed quite a bit. It is now even bulkier :?

That video for Bear Mountain's Soaking Peaks and Highlander shows the first phase of Songhees Hilltop to scale. And it absolutley dwarfs everything around it.

Know it all.

#8 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:24 PM

What video?

#9 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:39 PM

http://www.soaringpeaks.com/

weird how they have that but no Shutters or Dockside??

It has a whole new look!

#10 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

They left out just about every highrise in the city of Victoria. Can that be an accident? The only one they included is the Fannin building. No Laurel Point condos, no Harbour Towers, no Orchard House or Robert House or anything along the park, no Y-lot towers, no Executive House or Chateau Victoria...

If the Songhees building is going to be that wide then just hand Victoria the title for "fatscraper capital of the world". Why worry about the Capitol 6 project now? We've got Harbour Towers II coming!

Anyway, that rendering isn't accurate in any other aspect, so how do we know it's accurate with regards to the Songhees hilltop?

#11 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:57 PM

No Dallas Road highrises, no CIBC, no Sussex, or anything else downtown...

But they did include a couple of non-existent large buildings at Ogden Point, curiously enough:

#12 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:58 PM

I have seen the model down at the display site and this truly is the Mother of all fatscrapers. I mean PM was going off on the impact of Shutters you won't even notice it in comparison to this monster.

It has a whole new look!

#13 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:01 PM

The mayor and council lamented (in an old TC article) about how their hands were tied re: the hilltop projects. The zoning was in place, blah blah blah.

If you didn't want to see a massive building then your hands were definitely NOT tied. All you had to do was encourage the developer to build something slim by giving him a few more stories in height. If you enter any negotation with a developer with the mindset that you have to try to get a concession from him or chop him down to size or something along those lines then you've already blown it.

Work WITH the developer!!!! Work TOGETHER to get the best result!!!

This adversarial nonsense has screwed Victorians time and time again.

#14 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:43 PM

Damn, I'd like to get my hands on that 3D model of the city.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:16 PM

There is an awful lot of phoney green-space in those slides...
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#16 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:50 AM

It looks like downtown has suffered an algae bloom.

Know it all.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

Here's an image of the massing as approved back in 04. Phase one will redefine the term fatscraper, unfortunately.

Know it all.

#18 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:05 PM

I sure wish we could see a good rendering of this one. If Pam thinks the design is out of date then what on earth could that mean? Part of me suspects she might be right, but then part of me remembers she also hated Shutters, which is probably the most modern design in Victoria.

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:31 PM

Am I the only who sees the irony in a heritage advocate and faux heritage architectural style champion complaining that a building design is "decades out of date?"

That quote is a keeper.

Know it all.

#20 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

Ya, that is funny.

That building she always champions for it's density down on Government at Humboldt is decades out of date, don't you think?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users