Photo

[Vic West - Victoria] Bayview One condo | 35m | 11-storeys | Built - completed in Mar 2009

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#301 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

Maybe it's a statue of Britannia?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#302 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Yeah, you're probably right.

#303 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:53 AM

Britannia appears with a three-pronged pitch-fork-like implement in most statues.

This is Athena:

The height and angle of the staff is not the same, but all else appears to match....

#304 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:58 AM

Britannia.... damn, they all have the same head-gear.

#305 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

Here's an exclusive rendering showing the latest designs for the entire Bayview and Roundhouse projects by Bayview Properties.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#306 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:12 AM

Is that railway tracks and a street?

Is there any firm plans for the Roundhouse buildings and the other old buildings?

#307 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:20 AM

I'm assuming those are just very rough blocky massings and don't reflect at all on the architecture we'll see? And yeah, what's with the rail-ROAD?
"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#308 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:38 AM

Pretty sharp rendering.

Built out, this will pretty-much double the size of Songhees.

#309 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

I'm assuming those are just very rough blocky massings and don't reflect at all on the architecture we'll see? And yeah, what's with the rail-ROAD?

It doesn't need streets front and back, or back and front as it were. Even if those buildings added 2000 more residents, and every single resident went out all alone in a car all within an 8-hour window, it'd only mean 8 car movements per minute.

Plus you know that those units will all be owned by Alberta and US non-resident homeowners that'll just use them for 2 weeks a year, yada, yada, yada...

#310 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

The Roundhouse models appear to be rough massing models, but the Bayview towers look too detailed to be simple massings.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#311 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:48 AM

So the plan is to keep the temporary sales building? Hmmm...

#312 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Perhaps it's still temporary. It looks out of place (it's a not a model, it's a photo), and part of the five-storey building is sitting on the sale centre's parking lot.

Know it all.

#313 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,560 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:23 AM

The official heights of Bayview's 21- and 17-storey towers are 68m and 56m, respectively.

Know it all.

#314 Linear Thinker

Linear Thinker
  • 522 posts
  • LocationWork from home, Live in Fairfield

Posted 14 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

Me thinks thats the Rail Trail, not a "road".

#315 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:06 AM

Massive Bayview Residences project for sale in "billion-dollar" deal

http://www.timescolo...1895/story.html

Properties have attracted potential investors, Alberta developer says

By Carla Wilson, Times Colonist
January 22, 2010 6:41 AM

[...]

#316 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,014 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Two months ago I said that the $63M bridge project was nothing more than a taxpayer funded bailout of Bayview and Dockside.

Now with the bridge funding on hiatus we see both Dockside and Bayview in the news.

Coincidence?

#317 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

Two months ago I said that the $63M bridge project was nothing more than a taxpayer funded bailout of Bayview and Dockside.

Now with the bridge funding on hiatus we see both Dockside and Bayview in the news.

Coincidence?

;)

#318 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

So how would that have worked?

#319 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 04:47 PM

Oh please.

#320 Guest_Marcat_*

Guest_Marcat_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

Coincidence?

Even I think thats a lil far fetched and I am a big supporter of ripping out that bridge and replacing it.

On another note, I've been telling people for a couple years now it was only a matter of time before Ken did this, and lo and behold what is happening. Ken has done this with several developments in Calgary over the years and has amassed a interesting reputation in some circles as a result of some of his dealings. I recall earlier press clippings in the height of the boom stating that Ken and his wife were Victoria based, he is now I see again Calgary based. At one time you would often see him rolling about in one of his vehicles throughout town, alas no more.

I really hope we see someone with deep pockets pick this up and really utilize the land to a better situated development less of a fatscraper and more dynamic architecturally engaging buildings

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users