The Victoria emergency (fire/ambulance) services thread

• Please log in to reply
2442 replies to this topic

#2441 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 70,134 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:51 AM

Haha! Last night I called a cab, and for the first time ever an automated message asked me to state my location. I did so, then the message thanked me for my call and hung up.

15 minutes later, no cab. I call the number again, this time a human answers. I say I'm waiting at X, and they said oh, hold on, well what's he doing at Y? 10 minutes later I get a call from an angry taxi driver asking me where I'm at, why I'm not on the sidewalk. He ended up somewhere else completely the second time. By that point I had already called another taxi company and they arrived a couple of mins later.

Figure it out, guys. It's 2022.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2442 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 12:14 PM

"I called a cab"

Who does that? It is 2022 -  use the apps. I have both Yellow Cab and Victoria Taxi on my phone. Has always worked for me. It tells you when a cab is on the way, you can track where the cab is coming from, how far away they are and the app will send you a message when they are about to arrive.

Edited by Redd42, 28 June 2022 - 12:15 PM.

#2443 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 70,134 posts

Posted 28 June 2022 - 06:44 PM

I’ll try to remember that the next time I enter the Twilight Zone and need their services.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users