Photo

Let's hear your 2013 election PREDICTIONS

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 LJ

LJ
  • 12,733 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:40 AM

Weaver was on TV driving a small Honda the other day, so I doubt he's driving the Fiskar...

Well the Fiskar gets better milage than the Honda, so no reason for him to be photo op'd with the Honda, unless he was trying to look humble.
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#22 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:15 AM

I think it's very possible Weaver will win in OBGH. The NDP challenger has tried her hand at this riding twice, I believe. It's not as if it's a sitting NDP MLA like Carole James. As far as I know Jessica van der Veen has done little between elections to endear herself to the riding.

So I believe there will be environmentally-oriented left supporters who might vote NDP normally, who will vote Green this time. And surely some Ida Chong supporters feel she has done her time. I know the story about her claiming the full daily allowance at the legislature, offended me. I can't be alone. And those Libs won't vote NDP. Period.

And what about Adam Olsen in Saanich North and the Islands? The incumbent, Murray Coell was always likeable and popular. Will that support transfer to a relative unknown?
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#23 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

My father-in-law is a die hard NDP voter in OBGH and he is most definitely not voting NDP this time around. This was similar to seeing pigs with wings and discovering snowballs do exist in hell!!!

He likes Jessica but is absolutely pi$$ed at the stupidity (his words) that they are against the pipelines and all the resultant revenue/jobs. He is in his 80's and was a very active donor and held meetings/fundraisers at his home. I never thought in my wildest dreams that he would vote anything but orange. He's b!tching about the fact they'll never see another $ from him unless they wake up and get real!

For him and his NDP friends, pipes and ports mean good paying jobs and tax revenues and he is livid at the crap coming out of Dix's mouth! He's already saying that if they win that it will be a repeat of the 90's and Dix wont be around for a second election.

But hey who would have thought we would see 2 living Popes either?

He wont say who he will cast his vote for but he did say hell will have to freeze before he votes for the current cast of NDP (insert crude word here!) !!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this as it gave me a good chuckle!

#24 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

^ Not a surprise really. The NDP has come to the conclusion that their union backing is safe and that it is a better bet to chase the green vote. Your FIL may not vote NDP but there is no way he will vote Liberal so no harm done.

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

I think it's very possible Weaver will win in OBGH. The NDP challenger has tried her hand at this riding twice, I believe. It's not as if it's a sitting NDP MLA like Carole James. As far as I know Jessica van der Veen has done little between elections to endear herself to the riding.

Agreed.

I spoke with Weaver briefly while he was campaigning on OB Ave several days ago. He's a straight talker.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26 eseedhouse

eseedhouse
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

For Esquimalt Royal Roads my current prediction is that the NDP incumbent will win by a bigger margin than in 2009, the Greens and Libs are in a tight race for second with the Greens currently having a slight edge, and the Conservative a distant last.

#27 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

I guess my Father-in-law was right on the money!!! Go figure!

On another note, a lot of ugliness out there on the facebook pages. Pretty disgusting comments being made from a bunch of very sore losers.

My father-in-law is a die hard NDP voter in OBGH and he is most definitely not voting NDP this time around. This was similar to seeing pigs with wings and discovering snowballs do exist in hell!!!

He likes Jessica but is absolutely pi$$ed at the stupidity (his words) that they are against the pipelines and all the resultant revenue/jobs. He is in his 80's and was a very active donor and held meetings/fundraisers at his home. I never thought in my wildest dreams that he would vote anything but orange. He's b!tching about the fact they'll never see another $ from him unless they wake up and get real!

For him and his NDP friends, pipes and ports mean good paying jobs and tax revenues and he is livid at the crap coming out of Dix's mouth! He's already saying that if they win that it will be a repeat of the 90's and Dix wont be around for a second election.

But hey who would have thought we would see 2 living Popes either?

He wont say who he will cast his vote for but he did say hell will have to freeze before he votes for the current cast of NDP (insert crude word here!) !!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share this as it gave me a good chuckle!

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

Agreed, there are some very sore losers out there.

I noticed a great deal of Green and Liberal signs were defaced or outright removed a day or two before the election. Not nice.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

I noticed a great deal of Green and Liberal signs were defaced or outright removed a day or two before the election. Not nice.

It's too bad the three candidates in one, or in a few ridings, can't agree amongst themselves to skip signs. I mean, if all three North Saanich candidates made a pact, would that hurt or help any one of them in particular?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#30 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,482 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hey, both you and I celebrated post milestones yesterday. You crossed into 15,000 and I crossed into 12,000!

...forever alone :(

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users