Photo

Endangered buildings list

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#381 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 10,226 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

Not much remains of the Plaza Hotel following a devastating, albeit suspicious fire, and even less will be there soon.

This week city council will consider granting a heritage alteration permit to the building’s owners which would allow them to demolish any remaining infrastructure.

https://www.vicnews....-victoria-fire/

Edited by Rob Randall, 10 June 2019 - 11:46 AM.

"[Randall's] aesthetic poll was more accurate than his political acumen"

-Tom Hawthorne, Toronto Globe and Mail

#382 Nparker

Nparker
  • 23,680 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

This week city council will consider granting a heritage alteration permit to the building’s owners which would allow them to demolish any remaining infrastructure

OMG seriously? Please tell me that the property owner at least doesn't have to pay for this ridiculous bit of bureaucracy.

Did the fire get a permit for the heritage it altered?

#383 Midnightly

Midnightly
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 07:24 PM

i wouldn't call it a heritage building anymore.. more like heritage rubble pile..  i can understand needing a permit to clear out the rubble (it could cause some lanes to be blocked,needing to bring in heavy equipment, effect air quality stirring up all the dust....) i'd rather see it gone (after the full investigation has been done ofcourse) then remain a burned out pile for months on end...  and what happens to the lot after it's gone.. no need to rush that..

#384 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 50,577 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

In the Plaza thread it explains what is being retrieved and retained.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users