IEOA Christmas Truck Convoy in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

The 2013 Island Equipment Owners Association Christmas Truck Convoy happens this Saturday, December 7th.

And thanks to the generosity of the Yates Street Taphouse, Vibrant Victoria has THREE $25 gift-cards for the Taphouse to give away this week.

The convoy passes right in front of the Taphouse at about 6:55pm.

We will choose three random posters from this thread, and they will each win a $25 Yates Taphouse Gift Certificate to use on Saturday, December 7th at the viewing party. The gift certificates will be presented to winners at the door.

Good luck!

(Yates Taphouse is a 19+ venue.  no minors)

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 jklymak

jklymak
  • 3,514 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

^ Next Saturday Dec 7th, right?

#3 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would believe so.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

^ Next Saturday Dec 7th, right?

Ya, next Saturday.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Ya, next Saturday.

The attack on Pearl Harbour.

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

My dump truck is dressed up as a Japanese warplane.

#7 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

My dump truck is dressed up as a Japanese warplane.

Will you be handing out ZERO oranges?

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

3 for 3. Not bad so far.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

(名) 掩撃    

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#10 concorde

concorde
  • Banned
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Since the Truck Convoy is about raising money for those less fortunate by supporting the Food Bank, I suggest the gift certificates be auctioned off to the highest bidders and the money donated thru the IEOA

• Nparker likes this

#11 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

We watched the truck parade from the Switch Bridge on the Galloping Goose this year, an interesting different angle to see the parade from 

http://youtu.be/kta5k_TQGmk

• Mike K. and tedward like this

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

TOMORROW NIGHT! ✪ PLEASE help us collect some food! And enjoy some apple cider for just $1.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6th - the lighted truck parade comes by Shatterbox Coffee Bar at about 6:35pm... 950 Yates St. (right across the street from London Drugs)

Shatterbox Coffee Bar will be serving 8 & 12 ounce spiced organic apple cider for just $1, when you arrive with a food donation to the Mustard Seed Food Bank. They will also be open for the entire afternoon and evening up to the parade serving their regular menu...

• Nparker likes this

#13 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Looking forward to this parade..

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

We watched the truck parade from the Switch Bridge on the Galloping Goose this year, an interesting different angle to see the parade from 

Nice :)  I don't know how I missed that video last year.  Looking forward to the parade tomorrow. 

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#15 pherthyl

pherthyl
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

The kid enjoyed it.  Long delay for the trucks to make it to Oak bay, heard somewhere one of them took a line down?  Not sure if that's accurate but the parade was all broken up.  

#16 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

The kid enjoyed it.  Long delay for the trucks to make it to Oak bay, heard somewhere one of them took a line down?  Not sure if that's accurate but the parade was all broken up.  

If that happened it must've been between Clover Point where we were volunteering for the Mustard Seed food collection, and Oak Bay. Clover Point is the first major "hub" after they leave Ogden Point and all was fine to that point.

#17 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Yeh, it took a while to get to Oak Bay Junction.  Seemed like they had to get everything back together.

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#18 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 December 2014 - 11:12 PM

Here is a Flickr album with some of the truck photos I took tonight:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk65pxnd

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

It was very late arriving downtown but it was all together...

#20 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 06:53 AM

Here is a Flickr album with some of the truck photos I took tonight:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk65pxnd

Nice camera work. I also enjoyed your other albums. Your kitchen reno pics brings back memories.

• sebberry likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users