Legato
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 960 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Legato is an 88-unit, 17-storey condo tower with ground floor commercial space at 960 Yates Street in downtown... (view full profile)
Learn more about Legato on Citified.ca      Official website: legatovictoria.com
Photo

[Downtown] Legato | Condos; commercial | 17-storeys | Complete - built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#641 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:46 PM

As for Mike K and that other bonehead talking about how I had to lower my rates because of Yellow's pricing scheme - I did not!! :)

Huh?

I don’t even know what to make of your posts, for the most part, let alone remember advising you on what to charge your tenants.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#642 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

No one is whining about capitalism (at least I certainly am not) I just doubt you would be knee-slapping about how much you are charging if your customers (tenants) were there in person. Like if you bought a car and the salesmen started hooting and hollering and high fiving over how much money they got out of you

Of course I would not be knee-slapping about rental rates if my tenant was in front of me. There would be no benefit to that at all... I am discussing this on the forum because a great deal of the value added to this page is because there are investors like myself who are inspired by the new upcoming buildings in and around the core. The reason that a lot of these buildings are being erected is because of investors who are passionate about our city and want to be a part of its ongoing creation. 

Investors will read my posts and understand that they can actually get a greater return on their dollar. Much better then what Realstar is getting. If they are inspired by this then they may choose to purchase another unit. This will in return allow for an additional rental to enter the market, which will further alleviate the housing shortage.

Edited by Promontory Kingpin, 14 June 2018 - 03:07 PM.

• RFS likes this

#643 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

As for Mike K and that other bonehead talking about how I had to lower my rates because of Yellow's pricing scheme - I did not!! :)

Someone just keeps getting more charming.... 🤔
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#644 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

@ PK

For the cheapest suite on Yello (495 sqft 2nd floor) : 1380 (rent) + 175 (parking) + 25 (bike locker) + 30 (storage) = 1610. Add 80-120 for a 545 sqft mid-high floor suite. It only comes cheap on Yello if you skimp on amenities that comes with the price tag on most rentals. Not uncommon to see cheaper and larger downtown condos posted on classifieds.

In retrospect, current Legato rent asking prices aren't that outrageous if it's really a superior build with better amenities. But in a small city like Victoria a fancy pants downtown condo is not exactly the marker of high class as it is in Vancouver.

Edited by Casual Kev, 14 June 2018 - 05:28 PM.

• sdwright.vic and Promontory Kingpin like this

#645 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,729 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Someone just keeps getting more charming....

Perhaps in some cultures being called the "other bonehead" is high praise?  :blink: 

And I apologize for adding to this thread's off-track tangent.

• sdwright.vic likes this

#646 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

Realstar is one of the most sophisticated, well capitalized and diversified development firms on this continent.

If someone on the Internet thinks they wildly under-priced their units at Yello while already operating hundreds of units in this region and being familiar with the pricing trends to a degree few of us are able to appreciate, all the power to him.
  • sdwright.vic and Casual Kev like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#647 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,729 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

Since there seem to be quite a number of residents living at the Legato now, perhaps this thread should be re-titled as "Compete"?

Legato.JPG

#648 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 04:40 PM

Compete, hey?

;)

Thanks for the heads-up. Done.

Know it all.

#649 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

ok.. i posted this under Era by mistake - first looking under Completed Buildings.. which this one is!  Anyways, LEGATO update:

Good news - both commercial units have "leased" signs in the window today.

• Mike K. likes this

#650 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 09:04 PM

$2.2m for penthouse at legato
https://www.point2ho...T/63633104.html
  • newbie_01 likes this

#651 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:15 AM

ok.. i posted this under Era by mistake - first looking under Completed Buildings.. which this one is! Anyways, LEGATO update:

Good news - both commercial units have "leased" signs in the window today.

The leased spaces will most likely be office or medical. A source has told me that Bin 4 inquired about the space, however were told that they were not interest in any type of food services in that space.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#652 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:59 AM

Maybe Bin 4 should consider Black and White if that space is still available. Not quite as central, but still a great location and further removed from some of the social behaviour problems that impact that area. Plus the potential for a larger patio if I recall from the rendering. Then again, how many condos dwellers want to be living above a burger joint with all the cooking odours?

#653 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

I think Bin 4's current location will actually become more desirable in the months and years to come. First of all, Legato will have a building full of hungry residents filling up soon. Second, 989 Johnson will eventually come on stream with even more mouths to feed. As for the sketchy social behaviour, I find that the busier the streets are with regular people of good will, the less attractive it becomes for the sketchy types.

• zoomer and Brantastic like this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#654 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Don't forget the nearby Jukebox building, which I would imagine should be opening before 989!

• Hotel Mike likes this

#655 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

The issue Bin 4 has with the location is that it A) has a brutal layout with the bar right in the hallway to the main seated area and B) is generally just too small for the amount of business they do.

The area is not an issue for them, but I can understand why they would be looking for an upgraded space nearby.

• Nparker, Hotel Mike and jonny like this

#656 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,529 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

They are smart to seek out an alternative space with the pending redevelopment of that entire block. It won’t happen overnight but it’s also hanging over all retailers there.

Know it all.

#657 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:51 AM

Should probably post this here instead of the 1515 thread...

Looks like they've got the window wrap up now confirming that The Agency will be moving into both spaces at Legato.

The Agency is a luxury real estate company known for its presence on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles. Cowichan Realtor Brian Danyliw very recently (summer time) acquired the Canadian rights to The Agency and has been aggressively expanding across Vancouver Island and the rest of BC/Alberta.

• Mike K. likes this

#658 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,989 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 09:28 AM

Not sure if the view here is about to get partially Keranged by a 32-storey tower.

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

$3,100,000

PH1802 960 Yates St

This dreamy south-west-facing corner Penthouse sits high above the cityscape on the 18th floor, boasting around 270° of stunning panoramic ocean and mountain views. This two-bedroom plus den residence was recently fully transformed by Aryze Developments with vision and designed by Pamela Billinghurst. Custom renovations included brilliant modern cabinets, high-end Miele kitchen appliances, a separate bar with built-in coffee machine and wine fridge, Vola fixtures, Toto Neorest toilets, beautiful imported Italian tile in all bathrooms with heated floors, glue-down hardwood with sound insulation and much more. You will be wowed by the spectacular 1010 sq.ft. wrap-around deck where you can enjoy the majestic sunsets over the stunning city views. Not to be missed are three secured underground parking spaces, a large storage unit and numerous amenities. Located in the downtown core, surrounded by convenient shopping and restaurants and just a stroll away from world-class attractions.

923965_2.jpg

"south west facing".

screenshot-www.google.com-2023.02.25-12_30_34.png

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 February 2023 - 09:31 AM.

#659 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,729 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 09:30 AM

Not sure if the view here is about to get partially Keranged by a 32-storey tower...

Keranged?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#660 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,989 posts

Posted 25 February 2023 - 09:33 AM

Keranged?

Named after the onomatopoeic word that derives from the sound made when playing a power chord on a distorted electric guitar, Kerrang! was initially devoted to the new wave of British heavy metal and the rise of hard rock acts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerrang!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users