BUILT
989 Johnson
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 989 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
989 Johnson is a 206-unit, two-tower 15- and 17-storey condominium complex with a six-storey podium. Ground fl... (view full profile)
Learn more about 989 Johnson on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 989 Johnson | Condos; commercial | 17 & 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

#961 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:49 PM

Situated at the corner of Johnson and Vancouver Streets, the commercial space is 5,332 square feet in size, but can be demised on a lease basis for smaller tenancies. The commercial space is in shell condition benefiting from high ceilings, floor-to-ceiling windows, beautiful patio areas, excellent frontage and signage opportunity. The premises are ideally suited for a variety of retail, office, restaurant, and commercial service businesses. Strata Lot 2 was designed with a restaurant in mind for the northeast corner, benefiting from a large patio area. 

$2,690,000

https://www.realtor....ctoria-downtown

861070_4.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 November 2020 - 07:50 PM.

• newbie_01 likes this

#962 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:00 PM

It would be a shame to see this carved up into smaller spaces. I hope some entrepreneurial restaurateur takes a chance on this location.

#963 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 04:39 PM

I really like how this building turned out. It's an attractive building.

But I did notice today some of the window seals are failing -- the rubber gaskets are falling out of their frames in several windows in both towers. Perhaps there is a window expert here who can explain if this is an easy warranty fix or if it's a major re-do.

• newbie_01 likes this

#964 RustyNail

RustyNail
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 08:47 PM

I really like how this building turned out. It's an attractive building.

But I did notice today some of the window seals are failing -- the rubber gaskets are falling out of their frames in several windows in both towers. Perhaps there is a window expert here who can explain if this is an easy warranty fix or if it's a major re-do.

Pics?

#965 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:34 AM

Sorry, my potato camera is not up to the task.

#966 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:58 AM

The project is down to 2BR units now, with starting prices at $639,900 with parking included. Four remaining floorplans range from 837 to 1,072 square feet.

• Kapten Kapsell likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#967 cathawk

cathawk
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 06:59 AM

FORGE has leased all the commercial spaces at 989. They said on their Instagram account they expect to open the gym in December. It will be awesome to see some additional life and vibrancy in the area!
  • Mike K. likes this

#968 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 07:12 AM

It's a bit of a disappointment that a restaurant is not going into the space that was more or less designated for it.

#969 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:05 AM

It would be cool if they put some exercise bikes or some benches and weights during the day. Would give it a Muscle Beach vibe and good advertising. Maybe a smoothie bar as well?

I assume this opens up the possibility Quadra and Yates corner being redeveloped with Starbucks, the former insurance location and Forge all being vacated, and perhaps soon the provincial office as well if we're lucky? There still is that one parking lot in behind too on View Street.

#970 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:25 AM

Oh yeah, because the one thing downtown Victoria needs is an easy supply of 20 lb indestructible projectiles for the army of miscreants roaming the streets.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#971 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:00 AM

20 lbs Mike? That’s all you got?! Forge is a real lifters gym, I’m sure the dumbbells start at 50 lbs. Would you really venture into that pit to steal dumbbells from those guys/gals/others? It could be the safest corner downtown. I’ll also settle for a juice bar though. I mean if you’re paying for that balcony you might as well use it for something.

#972 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:05 AM

Let’s stick to juice, please.

Know it all.

#973 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:38 AM

Why such strong opinions? Keep your chin up, a new gym won't pulldown the neighbourhood. Some people just like to rack up complaints. It's as if they want to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe try coming clean and stop being such a jerk?

This is getting repetitious. I think that's a wrap for me. I'll go curl up in the corner now.

• Rob Randall and Victoria Watcher like this

#974 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,336 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:40 AM

Why such strong opinions? Keep your chin up, a new gym won't pulldown the neighbourhood. Some people just like to rack up complaints. It's as if they want to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Maybe try coming clean and stop being such a jerk?

This is getting repetitious. I think that's a wrap for me. I'll go curl up in the corner now.

:)

aastra shows up for the first time in a month and drops that bomb.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 June 2021 - 09:42 AM.

#975 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:52 AM

Spot on.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

Know it all.

#976 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:03 AM

aastra shows up for the first time in a month...

I was benched for a while. Don't press me for details. VV forumers might not realize it but there's a weider world out there.

#977 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:10 AM

Spot on.

Just you weight, the mods will fly into this thread full of 'roid rage any minute now.

#978 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,880 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 10:15 AM

Don’t worry about him, he’s all chalk.

Matt.

#979 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:55 PM

I porpoise…
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#980 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 12:55 PM

…damn it, Randall.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users