BUILT
989 Johnson
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 989 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
989 Johnson is a 206-unit, two-tower 15- and 17-storey condominium complex with a six-storey podium. Ground fl... (view full profile)
Learn more about 989 Johnson on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 989 Johnson | Condos; commercial | 17 & 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

#921 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:13 AM

Was a building knocked down at 989 Johnson? I only ever remember the surface lot for McCall's.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#922 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,757 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:19 AM

Was a building knocked down at 989 Johnson? 

Not in recent history.

2009.PNG

#923 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 27 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

opps, wrong building - I confused it with another building that is already complete.   I plead lack of enough coffee

• Nparker likes this

#924 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

resale activities are picking up.

good turn over here.

• Mike K. and Matt R. like this

#925 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 07:45 PM

resale activities are picking up.

good turn over here.

I overheard a guy in the gym saying he lives at 989 and there has been major leaks and a bunch of damage done to cars in parkade etc etc. Wasn't a happy owner. All new buildings have kinks but he was going on and on. Will be interesting to see if more listings start popping up.

#926 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:59 AM

I overheard a guy in the gym saying he lives at 989 and there has been major leaks and a bunch of damage done to cars in parkade etc etc. Wasn't a happy owner. All new buildings have kinks but he was going on and on. Will be interesting to see if more listings start popping up.

Water issues are definitely a cause for concern in terms of Strata insurance ...

#927 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:30 AM

Marko Juras - Can you verify this?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#928 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 08:51 AM

People like to blow these issues, way, way out of proportion.

Several very minor leaks occurred from pipes in the underground, and in each case the situation was rectified immediately. Farmer doesn't mess around, but every new-build will have kinks to work out once all systems are go and everything is operational. You can't avoid that, there will always be something.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#929 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:41 AM

I saw a big puddle of water on the floor of the large CRU a few weeks ago.

#930 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:50 AM

That could be entry from the outside during the crazy rains we had. Stuff like that gets figured out as the building starts to get used.

Know it all.

#931 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:21 PM

As I said - 

Marko Juras - Can you look at the strata minutes to see if there actually is an issue?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#932 Myles

Myles
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:55 PM

Mixed365 are you an owner in this building?

As I said - 

Marko Juras - Can you look at the strata minutes to see if there actually is an issue?

#933 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 07:28 AM

Mixed365 are you an owner in this building?

Negative! 

Wish I brought a pre-sale there though... 

- Jane Jacobs 

#934 Myles

Myles
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:07 AM

Negative!

Wish I brought a pre-sale there though...

As an owner in this building I’m very happy with the project. There haven’t been any major water leaks and in regards to the theft in the parkade, it’s not the building fault, it’s the person who let them in.
  • Nparker and Victoria Guy like this

#935 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:20 AM

Indeed, the leaks were minor. The guy at the gym was overreacting. Farmer doesn’t mess around with their buildings.

Know it all.

#936 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:14 PM

Indeed, the leaks were minor. The guy at the gym was overreacting. Farmer doesn’t mess around with their buildings.

You realize even if it is Farmer, there still can be issues right?

It's the quality of the sub-trades. 

- Jane Jacobs 

#937 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:19 PM

Farmer doesn't hire just any sub trade. They keep on top of that stuff.

I think someone made a mountain out of a mole hill and now we're trying to fit a square peg through a round hole to chase it down. There's no issue.

• songheesguy likes this

Know it all.

#938 Myles

Myles
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:55 PM

Farmer doesn't hire just any sub trade. They keep on top of that stuff.

I think someone made a mountain out of a mole hill and now we're trying to fit a square peg through a round hole to chase it down. There's no issue.

Agreed, there's no issue.

#939 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:09 PM

I just listed a unit yesterday and no issues I am aware of?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#940 ovovov

ovovov
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 April 2020 - 09:14 AM

2nd fl 1 bed room. asking for 368k. new low in the one bed unit.

interesting to see how those guys ends up with. BC Evalue shows the purchase price was 30.3k.

Pandemic ? or Panic?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users