BUILT
595 Pandora
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 595 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
595 Pandora is a five-storey, 53-unit urban flat development converted from a former 1980's-era government off... (view full profile)
Learn more about 595 Pandora on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 595 Pandora | Condos; commercial | 5-storeys | Built - renovation completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#81 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:41 PM

Don't go all Tiananmen Square on me for saying it, but maybe if Mike K. would get off his rear and give us some fresh development scuttlebutt we wouldn't need to work so hard to keep ourselves entertained. I can't even count* the number of times I've checked in for some juicy info only to be disappointed.

*See what I mean about working so hard? That was a lot of setup for a tiny payoff.

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan and Nparker like this

#82 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:13 PM

Where's nparker and his stamp when you need him?

It's moving off topic in increments so it is too soon for an insertion, and nparker has gone into withdrawal over it.

#83 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:03 PM

595 Pandora’s luxury penthouses and entry-level homes aimed at broad buyer spectrum

http://victoria.citi...buyer-spectrum/

Additional details have begun to emerge about Cielo Properties’ residential project nearing completion in the 500-block of Pandora Avenue.

595 Pandora, a five-storey mixed-use condo and ground floor retail development is the end product of a lengthy undertaking that saw the transformation of a 1980’s-era federal office complex into 53 residences and 3,500 square feet of commercial space.

“We’ve been quietly working away on 595 Pandora’s repurposing into a residential building since mid-2014, and by January of next year we expect to have our first residents occupying their suites,” said developer Stan Sipos, adding that in the current market move-in ready condos are highly sought after. [Full article]

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#84 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

This project will be a great addition to downtown...

#85 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

It is! I had an opportunity to walk through the development the other day, and it's turning out exceptionally well.

I think the two-storey townhomes are going to end up as some of the coolest urban homes in downtown Victoria.

I look forward to seeing the prices which are due out soon.
  • Greg and JanionGuy like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#86 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

Any sense of the square footage on those sky-townhouses?

Interestingly enough, there a handful of two-storey units on the 9th floor of the Wave.
  • Nparker likes this

#87 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

It is! I had an opportunity to walk through the development the other day, and it's turning out exceptionally well.

I think the two-storey townhomes are going to end up as some of the coolest urban homes in downtown Victoria.

I look forward to seeing the prices which are due out soon.

Once Mr Le Fevre is finished with his building across the street, should be good!  Too bad they had to dig up the entire road and remove all the nice sidewalk work in front of the Union.  This end of town is coming along quite nicely.  Soon we'll see more building to the west across Gov't too, yes?

Edited by JanionGuy, 26 October 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#88 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

...This end of town is coming along quite nicely.  Soon we'll see more building to the west across Gov't too, yes?

It will be even better once the Northern Junk project is completed...assuming it ever gets started of course.

#89 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

It will be even better once the Northern Junk project is completed...assuming it ever gets started of course.

Once Mr Le Fevre is finished with his building across the street, should be good!  Too bad they had to dig up the entire road and remove all the nice sidewalk work in front of the Union.  This end of town is coming along quite nicely.  Soon we'll see more building to the west across Gov't too, yes?

Woops, what i meant to say was East where we are expecting some sort of action (photos below) but i'm also keen on seen the NJ buildings get going.  Not too high though, please, so as not to obstruct any harbour view from the Janion.

IMG_2709_LR.jpg

IMG_2712_LR.jpg

#90 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:13 PM

^Geez already a NIMBY and you haven't even moved in yet. 😉
  • Nparker and JanionGuy like this

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#91 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:01 PM

...Not too high though, please, so as not to obstruct any harbour view from the Janion.

The way the Janion doesn't block any harbour views for the residents of Mermaid Wharf??  :rolleyes:

• JanionGuy likes this

#92 JanionGuy

JanionGuy
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:00 PM

^Geez already a NIMBY and you haven't even moved in yet.

The way the Janion doesn't block any harbour views for the residents of Mermaid Wharf??  :rolleyes:

Yup, I'm busted!

#93 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:13 AM

And there's also the Victoria Plaza Hotel property at Government and Pandora.

Know it all.

#94 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

The sales centre should be opening later this week or next. I look forward to seeing the prices.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#95 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Although this piece deals mostly with the Janion and Chinatown, we've now got confirmation of the unit sizes at 595 Pandora:

"Four studio units will range between 532 and 537 square feet while junior one-bedrooms, of which there are 16, will range between 518 and 673 square feet. 14 one-bedroom layouts will offer between 520 and 764 square feet, plus a single one-bedroom plus den will be sized at 813 square feet.

Larger units in the form of junior two-bedrooms will range between 768 and 805 square feet, of which there will be eight, and four two-bedroom, two bath homes will range between 825 and 950 square feet. 595’s six-units of premium penthouses featuring two-level, two-bedroom, two and half bath layouts will start at 1,206 square feet and range up to 1,435 square feet."

Chinatown-aerial-2.jpg

Symbol of Chinatown's renewal, Janion Hotel restoration nears completion

http://victoria.citi...ars-completion/

Nowhere have the effects of downtown Victoria’s urban revival been as transformative as throughout history-rich Chinatown.

The area’s 19th century charm, traditionally home to an eclectic community of artists, musicians and students, is today considered one of the most diverse and sought out neighbourhoods in all of Victoria as developers pour millions of dollars into heritage restoration and real-estate development efforts.

And with one of the City’s most anticipated heritage reclamations nearing completion – only a short time ago serving as an unfortunate example or urban neglect – the century-old Janion Hotel development has become immortalized as an iconic architectural asset.

“Victorians have been eagerly anticipating the arrival of the refurbished and restored Janion, and I’m so proud to say it’s nearly ready for its unveiling,” said George Wong, president of Magnum Projects, the marketing firm responsible for the Janion’s historic near sell-out on the first day of its sales launch back in 2013.

“What we realized when we began marketing the Janion development, was just how special the building is to Victorians, how special Chinatown is to the greater community.” [Full article]

Know it all.

#96 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Busy times ahead for the market. Cielo will launch with a starting price of $258,900 for a 500+ square foot one-bedroom unit. That's actually pretty good value, especially for a building with transient zoning that's so in vogue at the moment. There are more pricing details in the piece. I actually had a chance to see the disclosure statement, so they're ready to start selling pretty soon. The official website is also live now at http://www.595pandora.com

595 Pandora's move-in ready Chinatown condos priced from $258,900; sales launch weeks away

http://victoria.citi...nch-weeks-away/

Cielo Properties is just days away from the sales launch of its highly anticipated, move-in ready 595 Pandora condo development in Chinatown.

Situated in the 500-block of Pandora Avenue, 595 has been touted as one of the rarest home ownership and investment opportunities in downtown Victoria, where buyers will be afforded the luxury of putting aside floor plans in favour of walkthroughs.

“I can count on one hand the number of times newly-built move-in ready condos have been put on the market in downtown Victoria,” says Cielo Properties’ President, Stan Sipos.

“Right now virtually every downtown condo project actively selling inventory won’t have occupancy until 2018. Residents at 595 will be moving in by February and investors will be making a return on their money without delay. That level of certainty is extremely rare in the pre-sale condo industry.” [Full article]

Know it all.

#97 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Busy times ahead for the market. Cielo will launch with a starting price of $258,900 for a 500+ square foot one-bedroom unit. That's actually pretty good value, especially for a building with transient zoning that's so in vogue at the moment. There are more pricing details in the piece. I actually had a chance to see the disclosure statement, so they're ready to start selling pretty soon. The official website is also live now at http://www.595pandora.com

595 Pandora's move-in ready Chinatown condos priced from $258,900; sales launch weeks away

http://victoria.citi...nch-weeks-away/

Cielo Properties is just days away from the sales launch of its highly anticipated, move-in ready 595 Pandora condo development in Chinatown.

Situated in the 500-block of Pandora Avenue, 595 has been touted as one of the rarest home ownership and investment opportunities in downtown Victoria, where buyers will be afforded the luxury of putting aside floor plans in favour of walkthroughs.

“I can count on one hand the number of times newly-built move-in ready condos have been put on the market in downtown Victoria,” says Cielo Properties’ President, Stan Sipos.

“Right now virtually every downtown condo project actively selling inventory won’t have occupancy until 2018. Residents at 595 will be moving in by February and investors will be making a return on their money without delay. That level of certainty is extremely rare in the pre-sale condo industry.” [Full article]

Marko, what are your thoughts on this one? Good for an investment/income condo along the flavour of the ones you already have?

#98 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

Marko, what are your thoughts on this one? Good for an investment/income condo along the flavour of the ones you already have?

It's my favorite one for sure (out of 989 Johnson and the Wade). I have all my cash tied up in a new single family home project in Fairfield but expecting to get occupancy in next week or so and if it sells right away I will definitively pick up a unit at 595 Pandora.  I've had a hard hat tour and the ceiling heights are awesome, majority of the units have solid balconies, and I think renting a unit out in this area will be a piece of cake.

• lanforod likes this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#99 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

I understand a lot of the buyers at the Janion are eyeing this project. Larger units, same neighbourhood, same (nearly) possession date.

Know it all.

#100 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

I wonder if the launch of Wade and 989 Johnson will take some of the buyers out of the marketplace for 595?

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users