BUILT
595 Pandora
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 595 Pandora Avenue
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 5
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
595 Pandora is a five-storey, 53-unit urban flat development converted from a former 1980's-era government off... (view full profile)
Learn more about 595 Pandora on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 595 Pandora | Condos; commercial | 5-storeys | Built - renovation completed in 2017

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#121 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:10 PM

a museum with good food and no more than 5-7 overdose/stabbing deaths per week!

Nice to see its retained its old character.
  • Nparker likes this

#122 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, I understand they are putting an opium den back in to one of the Chinatown buildings.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#123 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

Yeah, I understand they are putting an opium den back in to one of the Chinatown buildings.

Opium-schmopium. Fentanyl's where it's at today man.

#124 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

Having but a basic tourists knowledge of Victoria, I have been immercing myself in the history of the downtown area and particularly Chinatown, my new "hood".
Absolutely fascinating, I had no idea how important a role Victoria played in the development of the west coast and indeed the entire country. Just assumed it would have been Vancouver.
Cant wait to begin some knowledgeable exploring early in the new year, hopefully.
It will be like living in a museum with good food.
Cheers

And then there's a whole 'underground' component to the neighbourhood. If you ever get a chance to take a tour of some of Chinatown's old spaces you'll catch a glimpse of things unseen by most. Keep your eyes open for something called Unseen Spaces, where you're taken on an incredible tour of artist's studios and get to see Chinatown's heritage from the inside. The event comes around every once in a while.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#125 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

Absolutely fascinating, I had no idea how important a role Victoria played in the development of the west coast and indeed the entire country. Just assumed it would have been Vancouver.

I think you have to consider that before a decent road system from California or the rest of Canada, the way to get around the west coast of NA was by ship.  So it did not matter much that Victoria was on an island.

• Nparker likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#126 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 02:51 PM

I think you have to consider that before a decent road system from California or the rest of Canada, the way to get around the west coast of NA was by ship.  So it did not matter much that Victoria was on an island.

Completion of the railway terminating in Vancouver was huge impetus in that city's growth.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#127 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

Has anyone seen the price list for all of the units in 595?
We were only told the price of the two units we were interested in.
I know the ranges from a promo posting on Citified but not condo by condo.
Thx

#128 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:10 AM

I believe they are asking just over a million for the rooftop two storey units. I think it might be $1,077,000, or something like that. We went and checked them out. Even though I love the southern exposure, my favourite was the north unit. When you step out onto the big deck, you have this really interesting view of Old town/Chinatown and beyond that has a European feel to it.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#129 UrbanRail

UrbanRail
  • 2,114 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 06 December 2016 - 02:51 PM

Whenever my wife and I walk to Bastion Square, we past this  building a lot. Its nice to see it being re-purposed. This whole block of Pandora is getting a new lease on life with also the restoring of the old chinatown buildings.

#130 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:47 AM

One of the appealing aspects to living in that building is the fact there is a protected bike lane running right outside their front door. Walk your bike across the street and you can head over the new bridge onto the Galloping Goose or E&N Trail, or north up Pandora to Cook. And directly across the street from Fan Tan Alley! Pretty awesome location. 

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#131 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:46 PM

One of the appealing aspects to living in that building is the fact there is a protected bike lane running right outside their front door. Walk your bike across the street and you can head over the new bridge onto the Galloping Goose or E&N Trail, or north up Pandora to Cook. And directly across the street from Fan Tan Alley! Pretty awesome location.

This is an unexpected bonus as we're bringing our ebikes with us that we have used all summer on the great paths around Ottawa/Gatineau. Now if we can leave the snow.......

#132 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:23 AM

Someone's going to have an opportunity to get in on a one-bedroom unit with parking. There has been a recision and I doubt this unit will be available for long.

• Janion Fan likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#133 Janion Fan

Janion Fan
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

Someone's going to have an opportunity to get in on a one-bedroom unit with parking. There has been a recision and I doubt this unit will be available for long.

What a bonus to being on VV - tips like this! I'll share that info with a couple of people I know who were sorry they missed out. Thanks so much.

#134 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

You're welcome. One thing though, it doesn't include parking. I must have misheard, my bad.
  • Janion Fan likes this

Know it all.

#135 Teej48

Teej48
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Damn. Just got a notice that the Completion Date has been delayed from Jan 31 to March 3rd. Anyone have a surfable couch?

#136 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,670 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:52 PM

Damn. Just got a notice that the Completion Date has been delayed from Jan 31 to March 3rd. Anyone have a surfable couch?

I guess they decided to complete the project to celebrate my_ _th birthday. :banana:

#137 slr

slr
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

Just saw these posts re postponement of completion date. I have a unit also and haven't been notified :mad: .Who is responsible for communicating this, realtor, developer...? Thanks

#138 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

You should reach out to your realtor, who will then reach out to the sales team/developer and confirm. It could very well be that only select units have been postponed, just like we saw with occupancy at the Janion that was staggered.

Know it all.

#139 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:08 PM

595 is getting close to completion which is slated for March 2017

The building is very sound and solid.

53 parking stall. The 4th floor units are allotted 2 spots.

Chain Link storage locker room on each floor.

Bike storage room on main floor in Lobby area, good place for it high visibility area and cameras plus key FOB entry.

There is a second bike storage in the u/g parking.

Inside the building it is very quiet. Up on the 4th floor listen hard for traffic outside cant hear anything.

Very wide hallways and corridors.

Suite #406 is show suite. 950 sq ft  outside patio (wrap around) is 520 sq ft. that's larger than than a Janion Condo.

its a 2 floor penthouse. built in night lights on stairway. main bath glass shower and tub. Gas fire place. Lots and lots of natural light.

UNIT #407  Price  1,080,000

1227 sq ft

Patio 400 sq ft

2 br + den 2 1/2 bath

Each unit has its own Hot Water Tank unlike new construction which usually has a number of boilers for the whole building

Fullsize washer/dryer as well as full size Kitchen appliances. Beautiful gas stoves.

Flooring finishes cabinets all top quality. It appears that no expense has been spared in this building.

Good sight lines. Nice part of old town..

Some of the units look down into Market Sq.

this lower part of Pandora Ave is a gem. All of the recent construction restored building including the Union,FanTan Alley and so on has turned this street into a very nice residential neighborhood. It all started with the transformation of the OAP hall many years ago.  Have a look at this great street scene looking toward Vic West an dteh following surrounding scene to the North and East

Washer/Dryer, Hot Water Hallway Storage locker each floor

Edited by HB, 25 January 2017 - 09:37 PM.

• Nparker, Gary H, lanforod and 1 other like this

#140 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

that block used to be a dead zone. it's practically unrecognizable compared with just a few years ago.
  • Nparker and jonny like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users