2017 BC General Election + subsequent fallout

• Please log in to reply
2486 replies to this topic

#2481 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:56 PM

PS, I've edited your original image to remove your identifiable info.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2482 rjag

rjag
  • 4,780 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:02 PM

See how it would confuse a senior, cause angst for others etc. ?
Wrong approach if attempting to garner trust or engagement.
I might just be sending this to the privacy commissioner for their pleasure.

Agreed that’s pretty tacky, may want to call the Ombudsman as well
  • VIResident likes this

#2483 VIResident

VIResident
  • 175 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 25 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

PS, I've edited your original image to remove your identifiable info.

That was not my phone number - no idea who's number that was at the top - very strange. (but thank you) 

Edited by VIResident, 25 February 2019 - 06:46 PM.

• Mike K. likes this

#2484 RFS

RFS
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:00 PM

On the news today, the province is giving the topaz Sikh temple a $1 million donation so they can renovate and improve their building. Not sure why the tax payers are giving a private religious institution a million bucks (other than to buy votes). I realize they do community stuff but so does literally every other church in town, some of them far more, so where is their $1m?

Side note, why is there no general BC politics thread?

Edited by RFS, 15 April 2019 - 12:00 PM.

#2485 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,883 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:39 PM

On the news today, the province is giving the topaz Sikh temple a $1 million donation so they can renovate and improve their building. Not sure why the tax payers are giving a private religious institution a million bucks (other than to buy votes). I realize they do community stuff but so does literally every other church in town, some of them far more, so where is their $1m?

Side note, why is there no general BC politics thread?

They applied for the funding through a grant program. Vancouver's Christ Church Cathedral got $1 mil in 2015. I'm sure that other religious groups have received grants to upgrade or restore buildings.

Edited by Jackerbie, 15 April 2019 - 12:40 PM.

#2486 RFS

RFS
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

They applied for the funding through a grant program. Vancouver's Christ Church Cathedral got $1 mil in 2015. I'm sure that other religious groups have received grants to upgrade or restore buildings.

One is a stunning example of gothic revival architecture from the 1880s in the middle of Downtown Vancouver and is basically a national treasure which enormous upkeep. The other is a nondescript suburban building from 1969 in a random Victoria neighborhood that needs a new kitchen or something. Yes, I can see why they both needed the same amount of money

#2487 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 821 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 15 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

"The KDS temple acts a hub for community gatherings, celebrations and prayer services, as well as providing regular vegetarian lunches to thousands of people each year and more than 600 meals to Victoria’s people in need every weekend."

Maybe that's why they need a kitchen upgrade (also nebulous "safety" and "accessibility" upgrades, but never mind that).  Money for doing things, not just for preserving stunning architecture.

Without sarcasm I can see why they both needed the same amount of money.

Now if either of them deserved it, I reserve judgement.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users