BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#481 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

I'm thinking of picking up a couple units here, we'll see.   :muching_out:

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#482 Gary H

Gary H
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:57 PM

Or, this time around, given the hot real estate market, most owners are investors/speculators who don't plan to make it their home.  They would have just as soon bought gold bullion if they thought it had the same appreciation potential.  IMO, there's a very different level of interest when it's going to be your home.

• dasmo likes this

#483 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:08 PM

Or, this time around, given the hot real estate market, most owners are investors/speculators who don't plan to make it their home.  They would have just as soon bought gold bullion if they thought it had the same appreciation potential.  IMO, there's a very different level of interest when it's going to be your home.This is 

This is reflective of what is negative about this market. When the crickets are chirping in the communities....

#484 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:25 AM

Or, this time around, given the hot real estate market, most owners are investors/speculators who don't plan to make it their home.  They would have just as soon bought gold bullion if they thought it had the same appreciation potential.  IMO, there's a very different level of interest when it's going to be your home.

Could be that.  I also think because it sold out so quickly you don't have potential buyers making their way to VV to do research.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#485 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

That has more to do with it. The run-up in sales at Encore was incredible, and that was before the market even took off.

And the folks who bought at Encore are far likelier to have already purchased a condo, given the higher prices and the immediate response. It's a lot more exciting when it's your first time up to the plate, for sure, and that's what we saw with Promontory.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#486 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,502 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Could be that. I also think because it sold out so quickly you don't have potential buyers making their way to VV to do research.

True. People spend more time researching an app for $1 than a house for $1million these days. That was not the case only a few short years ago....

#487 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

True. People spend more time researching an app for $1 than a house for $1million these days. That was not the case only a few short years ago....

I just spent way more time researching rice cookers than nearly anyone spends buying a house.

• Mike K., Nparker, jonny and 2 others like this

#488 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,780 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:11 AM

I just spent way more time researching rice cookers than nearly anyone spends buying a house.

I love my rice cooker. I don't know how I lived without it as long as I did.

#489 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:31 AM

Haha! Off topic, but curious to know what you went with - was in the same situation myself a while back and went Zojirushi NS-LAC05XT. Love it.

• nagel likes this

#490 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

I love my rice cooker. I don't know how I lived without it as long as I did.

Is there a rice cooker that converts to a portable AC unit in summer? That could solve your storage problem.
  • thundergun likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#491 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,566 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

Without A/C you live in a rice cooker, so just turn the unit off for 30 minutes and you're good.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#492 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,780 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:44 AM

Is there a rice cooker that converts to a portable AC unit in summer?

I haven't found one yet, but I'll let you know...and this seems to have become necessary

off-topic.jpg

• dasmo likes this

#493 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:53 AM

ZCC10 even though it's the ugliest appliance ever made.

• thundergun likes this

#494 Bell bottoms

Bell bottoms
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Is anyone that has bought into the Encore following the thread?  Seems dead compared to the Promontory thread we had going a few years back.

attachicon.gif20170329_110859_1490847420412_resized.jpg

We bought in Sept/15! 

I think Promontory had the advantage of getting regular updates from someone that worked there. It is great to watch the webcam but more interesting if you know what what is being worked on and what is next. 

Would like to know if any of the owners have added/requested changes to their units. How has the response been?

By the way, thanks for the pictures posted.

#495 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

There was a presentation last night at the old Encore pre-sale space regarding commuter rail.

The developer expects to have the next building up for pre-sale in the fall. They are planning on appearing before council soon. The building goes on the water side of the Roundhouse development, at about the position of the small brown storage building Spinnakers is using as a warehouse. Current plans are to have a 25 floor building. It would rise to about the same profile height as Promontory, which is 21 stories, but at the top of the hill.

There are no facilities on Vancouver Island that can handle the contaminated soil so they're looking at disposing of it as far away as Oregon. Clearing the soil for the building and for the Roundhouse would happen concurrently. They are trying to get 10 year heritage tax discount from the city for the Roundhouse deveopment, which helps offset the soil remediation problem.

• Nparker, jonny, Gary H and 2 others like this

#496 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

They are trying to get 10 year heritage tax discount from the city for the Roundhouse deveopment, which helps offset the soil remediation problem.

Well, good thing they have made significant campaign contributions to current council members then.

• rambaldi likes this

#497 Ryan Roberts

Ryan Roberts
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

Laconic...How about a bit more info.  What info was provided on the LRT proposal?  Originally, (2012?) three possible terminals were proposed for the  rail.  Was a  likely terminal location  identified? I assumed that the developer would prefer one on the Roundhouse site as opposed to the west end of the new bridge or slightly west of Promontory.  Was there any discussion of the potential ENORMOUS noise problems every thirty minutes that will be created with loud bells or train horns at the crossings near Encore? Bells are no longer needed for safety if sufficient lighting systems, multiple cross bar systems, and passive pedestrian systems  are used when slow moving LRTs trains  are involved.  However, that does not seem to stop some LRT planners who in some other locations in Canada want bells heard blocks away  with no sensitivity to noise attenuation. 

"Smaller red building" is not enough info for me.  Is the  proposed tower to go on the southwest or mid-to-southeast corner?

Thanks in advance.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#498 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

The building goes on the water side of the Roundhouse development, at about the position of the small brown storage building Spinnakers is using as a warehouse.

screenshot-www.google.ca-2017-03-31-15-55-59.png

Welcome to the forum, Ryan!

#499 Ryan Roberts

Ryan Roberts
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Thanks for the response. Since I do not currently live in Victoria, Spinnaker's warehouse is not helpful.  I assume it is the very small brown building in the southeast corner.  Any comment on the ralt terminal location?

#500 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

Photos from March 31st

Attached Images

• IMG_0124.JPG
  • IMG_0125.JPG
  • IMG_0126.JPG
  • IMG_0122.JPG
  • IMG_0123.JPG
  • IMG_0120.JPG

• 2F2R and Bell bottoms like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users