BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#1101 Jared

Jared
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

I was up walking around Bayview this weekend. I find it really bizarre that there are no walking or cycling paths on the west side of the hill, towards downtown. What's the point of living in a car-oriented development so close to downtown?? Or are they expecting the Roundhouse to provide everything anyone could ever need?

#1102 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

^There was a path, but it has now been overtaken by the seniors' residence construction. I imagine there is a new path as part of that plan.

#1103 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

^ Yup, public pedestrian path along the north property line of the Aquara development. It'll have stairs down to Tyee though, so not fully accessible.

#1104 m3m

m3m
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

There is also a pathway with stairs from the dog park down to Kimta.  

The previous pathway up the west side of the hill was quite nice because the path was surrounded by wildflowers. 

#1105 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

I was up walking around Bayview this weekend. I find it really bizarre that there are no walking or cycling paths on the west side of the hill, towards downtown. What's the point of living in a car-oriented development so close to downtown?? Or are they expecting the Roundhouse to provide everything anyone could ever need?

I do the walk downtown at least 3x per week and it takes just over 3 minutes longer without the path. Kind of nice to not have the skateboarders coming into the cul de sac anymore.

#1106 zoomer

zoomer
  • 2,144 posts
  • LocationVictoria - Downtown

Posted 20 July 2019 - 10:44 PM

Pic I took last weekend - when the exact same colour blinds are drawn to keep out the sun this building looks ridiculous compared to its big brother.  The Bayview Spandrel Glass Nightmare needs to stop.  

48334859536_5e7e458093_h.jpgSonghees Stop by JohnnyJayEh, on Flickr

• songheesguy likes this

#1107 Promontory Kingpin

Promontory Kingpin
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 04:34 AM

Promontory will ALWAYS be #1

#1108 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

Pic I took last weekend - when the exact same colour blinds are drawn to keep out the sun this building looks ridiculous compared to its big brother.  The Bayview Spandrel Glass Nightmare needs to stop.  

48334859536_5e7e458093_h.jpgSonghees Stop by JohnnyJayEh, on Flickr

I'm in Bayview One and I totally agree the neighborhood is starting to look cheap with the orange brick and green spandrel overkill. 989 Johnson and HP1 are doing it right. Will be interesting to see what Bosa comes up with for Dockside

• Nparker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users