BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: 134 (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1104 replies to this topic

#1101 Jared

Jared
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:19 AM

I was up walking around Bayview this weekend. I find it really bizarre that there are no walking or cycling paths on the west side of the hill, towards downtown. What's the point of living in a car-oriented development so close to downtown?? Or are they expecting the Roundhouse to provide everything anyone could ever need?

#1102 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

^There was a path, but it has now been overtaken by the seniors' residence construction. I imagine there is a new path as part of that plan.

#1103 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 24 April 2019 - 10:54 AM

^ Yup, public pedestrian path along the north property line of the Aquara development. It'll have stairs down to Tyee though, so not fully accessible.

#1104 m3m

m3m
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 01:23 PM

There is also a pathway with stairs from the dog park down to Kimta.  

The previous pathway up the west side of the hill was quite nice because the path was surrounded by wildflowers. 

#1105 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:04 PM

I was up walking around Bayview this weekend. I find it really bizarre that there are no walking or cycling paths on the west side of the hill, towards downtown. What's the point of living in a car-oriented development so close to downtown?? Or are they expecting the Roundhouse to provide everything anyone could ever need?

I do the walk downtown at least 3x per week and it takes just over 3 minutes longer without the path. Kind of nice to not have the skateboarders coming into the cul de sac anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users